Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

2,500 miles....Blown OEM struts!!!

OP
LilPartyBox

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #22
It's bitter sweet to see that others are experiencing the same thing. While i hate to see others dealing with this shit at least i know i'm not crazy! There's definitely an issue coming to light here for the '16s.

Thankfully, a fellow FiSTer saw my post about suspension and PMd me. He was local & selling a damn near brand new Koni/Eibach combo he was pulling off his car this past weekend. Timing and price couldn't have been better. Of course I snatched it up without hesitation. I just couldn't bring myself to let the dealer touch my car. And then to only put the same garbage suspension back on. naaaah.

[MENTION=4060]bigbrotherjohn[/MENTION] Dayum! I'll give you mine as an upgrade! lol

[MENTION=4046]LilPartyBox[/MENTION] I agree there is definitely a pattern here, maybe a defect with 2016 models, is there anyone from Ford on this board? I would like to upgrade to Bilsteins or Konis but I'm wondering if I should go with a thicker cross section tire as well.

OP
LilPartyBox

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #24
There was a Ford rep ( [MENTION=582]FordService[/MENTION] ) on this board when i first joined but i think they got overwhelmed and left us lol

As for tires, do your research. I've seen threads where there is talk of rubbing. It all depends on suspension drop, tire brand, and wheel size/offset. From what I can gather, most guys running 215s on 17" wheels are rubbing on full lock. But definitely do more research.

OP
LilPartyBox

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #26
lol can you say "Dear John"?

Oh i have the setup. He was local. I bought it the same weekend he PMd me! Having trouble finding time between work and family. I may attempt it tomorrow but not likely going to be in the mood to do a suspension job after a day at the office....I have to work late Friday [xx(] I'm shooting for Sunday. I'll report back

My struts are blown at 6000 on my 15. They look like a old dinosaur bones pulled from a tar pit. Now I have to decide between coilovers or a koni eibach/h&r setup. Now I have an excuse to spend more money on my Fiesta.

When I was at 18 700 kms (11 600 miles), I brought the car in for un-even disk wear.

The front disks were wearing conically and not straight with striations in them. They changed both front rotors and sanded my pads.

When I got the car back, the tech said that my front left strut was leaking.

They asked me to come back and replaced them under warranty.

Here in montréal, we have some exceptionally crappy roads riddled with potholes, so I am guessing that would be the cause.

2014 model year.

This sounds like it is a somewhat common issue. Can anyone say that any of the aftermarket shocks are more durable? Has anyone experienced a similar failure with the Konis or Bilsteins?

So in case anyone wants to get theirs replaced by the dealer they are currently on back order nationwide. They made my request urgent since I have been waiting over 4 months for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So in case anyone wants to get theirs replaced by the dealer they are currently on back order nationwide. They made my request urgent since I have been waiting over 4 months for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sweet a 4 month wait for crappy struts. It's a good thing I ordered Koni and H&R springs today.

I just got my passenger side strut replaced under warranty. They had the parts in a day.

OP
LilPartyBox

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #36
Finally replaced the suspension this weekend and got a good look at the struts. They were absolutely DONE! Hard to believe they fell apart in such a short time.

FILTHY AND OIL EVERYWHERE! It was actually dripping off the CV boots. Took 10 minutes per side to clean up the mess before installing the Koni's

OP
LilPartyBox

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #38
I'd say so. A few guys are running them with stock springs and liked them. I'm not 100% happy with them as they are a bit soft but I was hotdogging on the way home yesterday to give them a good run through and it's still corners really well...let's say i wish they were adjustable and i could give them just one more click towards stiffer. It's that close to what i want.

OP
LilPartyBox

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #40
Yes they are. I have the non-adjustable oranges