Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

2014 Becomes A 2019

Hello Folks,

In Feb. of 2014 I took delivery of my 2014 Oxford White Fiesta ST ($28,000.00 Cdn.) with only a Moonroof as an option. I never modded it with the expectation that it would support my future intent to use it as a valuable trade - in.

In September of 2018, when I was certain that 2019 would be the ST's last year, I found only one Toronto dealer willing to make a dealer order for the car so that I could own the last model year. What confirmed the deal was when the dealer offered $13,000.00 Cdn. as a trade - in on a five year old car with 66,000 Kms. for a 2019 version that was only $500.00 Cdn. more than five years previous.

Considering that the trade - in value is reduced from the price of the car prior to HST being applied that $13,000.00 actually was a $14,690.00 Cdn. value. (exceeding 50% of what I paid five years earlier)(remarkable value retention)

On Wed. April 17, 2019 I took delivery of a Platinum White Tri-Coat 2019 Ford Fiesta ST and expect that the value retention will exceed my first experience when I sell the un-modded vehicle to a young person in 5 - 8 years time.

I am certain that this will be the last car I own when taking into account where the industry is headed.

I am fully pleased with how my ownership of this fine vehicle has progressed and I completely expect this pleasure to continue. Rare = Value

MAJP

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
I would be interested to know if the new car feels any different to you. Specifically, there are some indications that the suspension was softened up starting in about 2016.
If I had a 2014 I probably would have done the same thing, just to keep this great car as long as possible.

OP
majpmajp
Thread Starter #4
I would be interested to know if the new car feels any different to you. Specifically, there are some indications that the suspension was softened up starting in about 2016.
If I had a 2014 I probably would have done the same thing, just to keep this great car as long as possible.
Hello Capri to ST,

Thanks for your comment.

My wife hated the "harshness" (her comment) of the 2014 and when ever she was in the car I would turn off the ESC and she seemed to think that made a difference; it didn't. I was not affected by the suspension setting in the 2014.

The 2019, as new, is very tight which is what I remember from the early days of the 2014 (and remained tight with perhaps more travel noise added in over time) and yet it appears to have been softened ever so slightly with perhaps a little more vertical travel.

The test will be on Sunday when the wife finally travels in it. She doesn't even know I have the new car. From the outside the only difference is that there is no sunroof; and she wouldn't notice that. So on that matter I will get back to you.

I ordered the 2019 with the all-season radials (Michelin Pilot Sport) and the standard Rado Grey wheels; the bonus was that this choice came with the high performance brake package with low dust emitting brake pads. The surprise, not denoted in the order process, is I got the red brake calipers.

Thanks for writing and also continue to enjoy yours.

MAJP

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
Thanks for your response, that's good to know. Mine only has 9500 miles on it, so it would have been pretty hard to justify getting a new one.

OP
majpmajp
Thread Starter #6
Hello and Merry Christmas,

A simple update based on it now being over 8 months since I got the 2019.

The wife has been in the car often and still is unaware that it is a different car from the 2014; even though it no longer has the red Recaros, Storm Grey now; or a sunroof! Quite the statement about what females notice and don't notice.

Happy New Year!

MAJP