Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

2014 Ford Fiesta ST project

ryst

Welp, I'm 90% decided to no longer track this car and put it back to 100% daily driver duty. The car is fun to track but my hearts not there with tracking FWD and it's just not capable enough for me without doing a bunch more mods. I'll be going back to tracking Evos.

I even had a track day to go to tomorrow with it and I ended up selling my space.

Which most likely means all my track centric stuff will be up for sale soon. Spare set of Sparco wheels with 215/40/17 Dunlop ZII Star Specs with maybe 300miles on them, Wilwood BBK, possibly the BC coilovers.
Just curious, why were you tracking the ST over your Evos anyways? Just running cost or something different?

Also does this mean no turbo upgrade? :)

OP
razorlab

razorlab

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #362
Just curious, why were you tracking the ST over your Evos anyways? Just running cost or something different?

Also does this mean no turbo upgrade? :)
Running cost and consumables being way cheaper.

Most likely not a turbo upgrade.

OP
razorlab

razorlab

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #364
Drove the FiST to work today, first time driving it in a little over three weeks because I have been driving the Evo.

Damn, perspective is important. The FiST feels sooooooooooooooooooo slow. However it still feels like a frantic go-kart. :)

dyn085

2000 Post Club
Drove the FiST to work today, first time driving it in a little over three weeks because I have been driving the Evo.

Damn, perspective is important. The FiST feels sooooooooooooooooooo slow. However it still feels like a frantic go-kart. :)
Agreed. Quick? Yes. Fun? Absolutely. Fast? You're gonna need some slicks and a big-turbo upgrade, and that's really only going to have you beating stock-to-lightly-modified Mustang's.

My first ever run at the strip was done after my car had been modified and was against an early-gen Evo that clearly had a couple of mods. When I was at the 1/8 mark of my mid 13 second 1/4 mile, he was crossing the 1/4 line. That was a fast car. Awd and a few additional hp get those cars to speed relatively quickly.

I think the FiST should be everyone's DD. Respectable mileage, easy to maneuver, and enough power to be fun when you're bored-but not so much that you try to race everyone at every stoplight.

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
I think the FiST should be everyone's DD. Respectable mileage, easy to maneuver, and enough power to be fun when you're bored-but not so much that you try to race everyone at every stoplight.
I think this like everyday to/from work as I pass countless 14 passenger SUV's with 1 person in them, countless jacked up/big rim/mud tire 600hp diesel trucks, and clumsy camerys. Suv's never have more than 4 people in them, diesel trucks can't haul mote than a nee F-150 with mud tires and 10" of lift, and the idea of driving a camery makes me sad for everyone that does.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
If you want a car that can do many things really well, some things very well, the FiST is about perfect.
If you want to go faster, there are better platforms and I have had some of them but for most use, to fast to really use what they can do so a bit limited.
If you have the budget for two or three fun cars, maybe a truck as well, then have them all and enjoy them for what they are.

It is great we live in a time like this when so many very cool cars to be had and dollar for dollar fun is far less costly that it was when I was young.

I totally understand where you are going with this.

iso100

1000 Post Club
Welcome back! So which turbo are you going with on the new Fiesta? ;)

Awesome thread...very cool as a new owner to look at what was going on tuning-wise in the early days of the FiST.