Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

2014 Ram 3500 vs. 2014 Ford F350 Frame Twisting Test!

Harvick

1000 Post Club
Chevy also did a similar test.
[video=youtube;TKMQjm7i2Jw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKMQjm7i2Jw#t=14[/video]

How often do you guys take your Ram/Silverado 3500's onto ramps like that....? I'm generally all for stiffness and torsional rigidity, but I'm not entirely sure why that matters so much with a truck like that.

JPGC

2000 Post Club
These videos have been spreading all over Facebook lately and to me it's a publicity stunt started by Chevrolet. Sure, if I were a truck manufacturer and I tested the different brands and trims of trucks, I will eventually find something wrong with each to use against the other brands to increase my sales. I can't say if there were any changes to the Fords or other trucks to make the Chevys and Dodge look better...probably not, but most Americans aren't going to drive their trucks into a ditch, then try to load it. Or, for that matter, try to rock climb with a dually 3500 or F350. If you do any of those two things, the by all means, buy the Dodge or Chevy. To say you would never buy a Ford due to this is ridiculous because the are thousands upon thousands of Ford Trucks on the road with hundreds of thousands of miles, used as work trucks with no issues due to frame twisting. If they did have an issue due to frame twist, however, then I guess the person should have bought a Chevy or Dodge, lol. BTW, I am not biased. I like the truck offerings from each of these companies, in the different size trims.

me32

1000 Post Club
So this truck test doesn't seem to prove anything in real world use. Since I havent heard of ford trucks twisting under work use.