Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

2015 Fiesta ST Control Arms Replacement

So it was time to go ahead and get my front end worked on. I replaced the Sway Bar links, and Toe Rod Ends. And I was replacing my control arms with bushings at the same time. Well when I took old one off and went to put the new one on from Napa and it wouldn’t fit everything was pretty much the same but bushings were a lot smaller than the old one. Turns out that they sent me a Fiesta control arm. Every auto shop said they don’t have part #s for it and that all have to get it from my dealer. I started looking at these 2 control arms on Whoosh Motorsports and I was wondering if anyone has had any luck using these! Ones from DNA Racing and the other is a HardRace front control arm.

Attachments

Ford ST

2000 Post Club

haste

1000 Post Club
Yep. I can stand Advance Auto, Napa, Oreillys, etc. The only time I go to those places is if I don't need a specific part or whatever. The last time I went was to get a puller for my wiper arms.

I highly recommend tasca, rockauto and fordparts.com

You pay a little more at fordparts.com but the parts come from a dealer and shipping is usually next day for no extra charge.

Magnetic

So it was time to go ahead and get my front end worked on. I replaced the Sway Bar links, and Toe Rod Ends. And I was replacing my control arms with bushings at the same time. Well when I took old one off and went to put the new one on from Napa and it wouldn’t fit everything was pretty much the same but bushings were a lot smaller than the old one. Turns out that they sent me a Fiesta control arm. Every auto shop said they don’t have part #s for it and that all have to get it from my dealer. I started looking at these 2 control arms on Whoosh Motorsports and I was wondering if anyone has had any luck using these! Ones from DNA Racing and the other is a HardRace front control arm.
Did you end up getting any of these?

I know of one local FiST owner near me who is using the HardRace control arms mostly because they hold up against the crap Massachusetts roads versus the DNAracing arms which are more designed for track use and not so much daily driver on crap road abuse( they have potential to bend on a bad pot hole strike from what I was told).

I know of one local FiST owner near me who is using the HardRace control arms mostly because they hold up against the crap Massachusetts roads versus the DNAracing arms which are more designed for track use and not so much daily driver on crap road abuse( they have potential to bend on a bad pot hole strike from what I was told).
I just installed my hard race control arms in mine a couple days ago. Haven’t gotten to drive the car yet because of shitty PA weather :( but the fitment on them was good I can say that if I have any issues with them I will be sure to come back and let everyone know .

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
Where did you hear that DNA arms are weaker than OEM?

The only reasoning that I could see that one would think that they are weaker would be that there’s no bracing in rhe corner of the control arm but they are meant for track days no? So you would think that they would be able to handle alott of load ?

They're more designed for track use and smooth pavement. If your car is only going to be used for track use I'd choose them over the Hardrace for the lighter weight. The DNA can have a tendency to bend after a hard pot hole strike while the Hardrace are a perfect daily driver/spirited driver with track use.

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
They're more designed for track use and smooth pavement. If your car is only going to be used for track use I'd choose them over the Hardrace for the lighter weight. The DNA can have a tendency to bend after a hard pot hole strike while the Hardrace are a perfect daily driver/spirited driver with track use.
I'm not sure if I buy that or not, have you known anyone to bend them?

I'm not sure if I buy that or not, have you known anyone to bend them?
One other person. They weren't for a FiST though but on a Fost. It's one of those things were not all parts designed specifically for track use equate to good for regular potholed road use.