Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

2015 Mustang GT Impressions and why I love my Fiesta ST

I have been eyeing the 2015 Mustangs for a while now, reading about them etc.

I've owned my Fiesta ST for about 6 months now, I love the car but in the big city of L.A. it doesn't get the respect that a larger more expensive car does.

I went to test out the new 2015 Mustang GT in hopes that the car would be faster, more fun, more comfortable and get more attention (business) etc. etc.

The reality is that after negotiating a ridiculous price... $44,000 sticker plus a $5,000 mark up... crazy cray prices.... I was still willing to give it a go.... they told me up front no test drives.... after negotiating ... ok we can test drive it...

The car was fun to drive but at the end of the day.... the fiesta is quick, nimble and tons of fun... the mustang is big, lofty and a substantial car that is fast but not as fun as the fiesta. The Mustang GT would be great if you travel long distances but in the city of L.A. you risk getting a big ticket if you accelerate over 45 mph.

The mustang's gearing is for high speed, longer gears more powerful engine etc. this all makes for a less "punchy" less "torquey" ride... I mean I was stabbing the throttle and I'm sure it is faster but in reality the Fiesta's swell of power that comes on down low feels better.... the GT makes great power up top... and down low but you need to get the revolutions up in order to feel it.

Maybe it would feel faster if they weren't asking $49,000 for it... but at the end of the day.. I was ECSTATIC to jump into my tiny little hatchback and rip through the gears without causing to much of a scene.

I had it in my head that the Mustang GT would be leaps and bounds ahead of the Fiesta ST but that just wasn't the case. I am totally happy with my Fiesta ST purchase and plan on keeping this car for a long time. I just can't see anyone coming out with a car that checks all the boxes the Fiesta does.....it has all the tech, all the power, all the fun its just never going to win an award for straight line speed, looks or win over a certain crowd but at the end of the day the FIESTA ST is where its at!!

[rockon]

Although I do like the new Mustang GT more than I liked the older ones 49k is absolutely nuts! That car will be worth <30k 2 years from now. I'd rather buy a 2 year old Boss 302 for 15k less.

OP
Teezlr
Thread Starter #3
Although I do like the new Mustang GT more than I liked the older ones 49k is absolutely nuts! That car will be worth <30k 2 years from now. I'd rather buy a 2 year old Boss 302 for 15k less.
Yeap!

Kinda nonsense.

I mean its a beautiful car... its def cooler looking etc.

But.... the Fiesta is a fricken blast to drive and half the price....

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Great review and decision for you.

I have always love little fun cars more than big cars, more than the modified Vettes I have had, simply more entertaining to drive which is why I and it seems you, buy our cars, not as much for bragging rights and to get looked at. When I had a highly modded C6 that was incredible, it was simply to fast to really use on public roads anywhere near it's potential and I got tired of being look at all the time so I hardly ever drove it, just no place to really use it right.

For not a great deal of money you can ramp up the smiles per mile on the ST rather easily as well if you get to a point wanting more out of it.

OP
Teezlr
Thread Starter #5
Great review and decision for you.

I have always love little fun cars more than big cars, more than the modified Vettes I have had, simply more entertaining to drive which is why I and it seems you, buy our cars, not as much for bragging rights and to get looked at. When I had a highly modded C6 that was incredible, it was simply to fast to really use on public roads anywhere near it's potential and I got tired of being look at all the time so I hardly ever drove it, just no place to really use it right.

For not a great deal of money you can ramp up the smiles per mile on the ST rather easily as well if you get to a point wanting more out of it.
Yes sir, I still would like to drive a C7 corvette though :)

Im sure they make a mustang feel like a taurus in comparison?!

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
My first Vette was a C5 T1 race car being converted to ST2 then I decided ST1, had a $15k ultra lite weight C6 World Challenge body made for it....working on an LS7 engine package for at least 650WHP, car would of been around 2500lbs........then I organized and raced in an indoor kart series and had my butt handed to me by simple better drivers, albeit top not instructors, national champs, winner of the Red Bull kart shootout, I parted the car and sold most off and bought a 53 Studebaker body to make it a pro tour car but just sold that project as well.

During the build I bought a C6 convertible, $40k into mods including wide body when you had to pretty much make your own from other versions, built for street and track but found out all the roll bars sold were bogus, not safe or legal, after 50 hours of design work I realized I would have to chop up the car far to much to run a really ugly roll bar and the top would no close with it on......time to go, parted to stock as much as I could which netted nearly twice as much if sold as a whole modded car.....traded on a new duramax dually, bought the trailer.....

OK, long story short, before I sold the C6 I had plans to put the money aside and order a C7 as soon as they were available but decided to retire which means paying somebody to run my business, much less income, no worries, now I have the dually, incredible toyhauler and the very modded and super fun FiST, life is great, I would rather live as I am and have far more fun than have a C7 in the garage:)

My first Vette was a C5 T1 race car being converted to ST2 then I decided ST1, had a $15k ultra lite weight C6 World Challenge body made for it....working on an LS7 engine package for at least 650WHP, car would of been around 2500lbs........then I organized and raced in an indoor kart series and had my butt handed to me by simple better drivers, albeit top not instructors, national champs, winner of the Red Bull kart shootout, I parted the car and sold most off and bought a 53 Studebaker body to make it a pro tour car but just sold that project as well.

During the build I bought a C6 convertible, $40k into mods including wide body when you had to pretty much make your own from other versions, built for street and track but found out all the roll bars sold were bogus, not safe or legal, after 50 hours of design work I realized I would have to chop up the car far to much to run a really ugly roll bar and the top would no close with it on......time to go, parted to stock as much as I could which netted nearly twice as much if sold as a whole modded car.....traded on a new duramax dually, bought the trailer.....

OK, long story short, before I sold the C6 I had plans to put the money aside and order a C7 as soon as they were available but decided to retire which means paying somebody to run my business, much less income, no worries, now I have the dually, incredible toyhauler and the very modded and super fun FiST, life is great, I would rather live as I am and have far more fun than have a C7 in the garage:)
we need pics of these cars stat.

and i was between the 15 challenger and 15 stang gt before i saw the FiST on top gear, then a trip to the dealerships on each led me to the fiesta. ive always paid cash for cars, but wanted to finance this one to build my credit so i can buy a house, and dodge wanted 21% interest. ford wasnt much better and they werent worried about haggling because they knew theyd sell a billion new gt's faster than they could stock em. the incentives for the fiesta were unmatched, APR was great, and after driving it i was hooked. I loved my 20AE GTI, and this car is roomier, faster, and ALOT more reliable. ( i killed my GTI in 22 hours) it was a no brainer and ive put over 2k on her and still cant drive it without a huge smile on my face. a very underestimated car, an amazing drive, really practical, and the price is right. you cant beat it. ive had 30+ vehicles and this is by far the most fun.
\

plus, my wife and ten year old love taking a back road and burning through a couple gears. my wife is now searching for a veloster turbo or FoST. she loves driving my car. actually, shes in it now, as i type this..

CanadianST

I had a very similar experience with a Nissan 370z a couple weeks ago. Got in it expecting a massive difference from the FiST but it actually felt a lot slower down low (take into acount that I am running a Stage 3 tune with supporting mods so not exactly stock haha) and i was generally not very impressed with it. For the price I don't think there's a car out there that can touch ours in the fun factor stock let alone after you do a few inexpensive mods. Yeah the Z or Mustang looks nicer and is more "mainstream" but there's something about having a little pocket rocket that only a select few know about that i really love.

Since i bought mine in last april a lot more people have come up to me knowing what it is and saying how bad they want one, compared to when i first bought it and had people laughing at my "girls car." The only thing i could see myself possible trading it in for would be a Focus RS when they eventually come, but everything will have to be spot on before i give this girl car away.

OP
Teezlr
Thread Starter #10
I had a very similar experience with a Nissan 370z a couple weeks ago. Got in it expecting a massive difference from the FiST but it actually felt a lot slower down low (take into acount that I am running a Stage 3 tune with supporting mods so not exactly stock haha) and i was generally not very impressed with it. For the price I don't think there's a car out there that can touch ours in the fun factor stock let alone after you do a few inexpensive mods. Yeah the Z or Mustang looks nicer and is more "mainstream" but there's something about having a little pocket rocket that only a select few know about that i really love.

Since i bought mine in last april a lot more people have come up to me knowing what it is and saying how bad they want one, compared to when i first bought it and had people laughing at my "girls car." The only thing i could see myself possible trading it in for would be a Focus RS when they eventually come, but everything will have to be spot on before i give this girl car away.
Well said, I was considering the RS also but im sure it will be $40k range. For around $5k you could do a nice bb turbo swap and LSD and have more fun possibly. But thats apples to oranges again, you get the idea... great platform... unbeatable fun/price ratio....kinda a car that does everything well.... I guess the word is getting out slowly but fortunately the car will never be too mainstream

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I drove 510's from 1972 until 82 or so and all family members, classmates, neighbors, even when I moved to the city....thought I was nuts but I know I had a butt load more fun than they ever did in there tons of fun "muscle cars" and we all really know those were not much of a car, just big engines and some babbles and bangles. I have came close to building a Pro Tour car, it is the only way I would drive one of those old tin cans.

I have put on hundreds of thousands of hauling arse miles in little cars (my fastest one was not fast by today's standards but with a built 2.0 and stripped, very fast for it's time) and it is just more fun. I like this car better than the 06 vette as I can fit two big dogs and groceries, more comfortable seats, nimble, ignored to a degree but does get lots of looks, more than I expected and does get lots of comments....all good ones.....I would rather get comments and looks in this than a vette but mostly I like to fly under the radar, keep the looks simpler and the exhaust quiet, get away with more that way:)

OP
Teezlr
Thread Starter #12
I drove 510's from 1972 until 82 or so and all family members, classmates, neighbors, even when I moved to the city....thought I was nuts but I know I had a butt load more fun than they ever did in there tons of fun "muscle cars" and we all really know those were not much of a car, just big engines and some babbles and bangles. I have came close to building a Pro Tour car, it is the only way I would drive one of those old tin cans.

I have put on hundreds of thousands of hauling arse miles in little cars (my fastest one was not fast by today's standards but with a built 2.0 and stripped, very fast for it's time) and it is just more fun. I like this car better than the 06 vette as I can fit two big dogs and groceries, more comfortable seats, nimble, ignored to a degree but does get lots of looks, more than I expected and does get lots of comments....all good ones.....I would rather get comments and looks in this than a vette but mostly I like to fly under the radar, keep the looks simpler and the exhaust quiet, get away with more that way:)
Like.