Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

2016 Fiesta ST - Coolant on Intake Manifold

After my drive home today I popped my hood and wanted to see how dirty the engine bay was to clean it up a bit.
Popped off the plastic engine decor cover and noticed engine coolant dried on the cover and a sensor.

Pictures and Video will be added shortly.
Got to call Ford up and have them look at that along with my passenger seat recaro back pouch that has a clip that came undone inside so the pouch looks floppy and a rattle in my power window switch which has drove me absolutely insane when listening to music...

OP
E
Thread Starter #2

Has anybody had this problem on any other year Fiestas and did it possibly come from that hose up top?
The car does not overheat and typically will stay the same temperature when extremely hot here in the desert.
Going to contact ford since this car has not even hit 10,000 miles yet and this is already happening which is no good at all.
Noticed my coolant is at or below minimum as well.
Car is stock with Eibach Lowering Springs and Eibach front and rear swaybars.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Is that definitely dried coolant?

I would check that spring clamp and see if you can move it by hand or not, then check for pinhole leaks in that hose.

OP
E
Thread Starter #4
I put my nose to it and it definitely looks and smells like dried coolant. Kind of tripped me out too. The car runs fine as stated but I am going to drive it tonight and see if I see any new fluid that came out.

I think that is just hard water mineral deposits from rain or soap from a wash.

me32

1000 Post Club
Doesnt look like coolant leaking from the hose. Could have been there for a long time unless you take the cover off all the time.

OP
E
Thread Starter #8
I never really took the cover off ever nor noticed it before. I smelled it again. Cleaned it off and topped the resovoir to max with water. (Was slightly below min) it has not changed since. I looked all over and may have been just overreacting since it is a new car is all.

have you had the AC on at all, I had the same thing, looked like it was coming from the AC lines, haven't checked it in a couple days though.