Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

2016 FIESTA ST QUESTION

I own a 2016 Ford Fiesta ST tuxedo.black with factory blacked out rims and painted calipers. Ive seen a couple of them going for sale.here and there. However, My car came with the Recaro Molten Orange seats. I have never seen.that option in any of the ones for.sale.. was it.not common?

SteveS

1000 Post Club
The orange seats were not usually found in black cars. They were most common in the orange cars even though they don't match. Molten Orange was the name of the paint color.

Black wheels were common on all colors of FiSTs and the red calipers meant the car came with Bridgestone RE050A summer-only tires rather than all-seasons. It also had more aggressive brake pads.

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
Red calipers were an option in 2016 and 2019, I assume it was every year though. Had nothing to do with the performance tires mine had the Bridgestone RE050A but the red calipers were $375 I seem to remember. I did mine myself in yellow for about $30. My daughters '18 FIST came with all season tires and the optional red calipers.

have seen several black cars with those seats actually. Ran across a few while I was looking for my car. As noted, most common in the Orange car, but have seen them in White and Magnetic cars too. Just depends on how it was ordered.

My ideal was an Orange car with smoke storm interior. I have seen one of those, ever, for sale.

What I have been told by my dealer regarding he red calipers is aligned to what SteveS noted.

Summer performance tire car, with different pads. The sticker for mine notes perf ties and performance brakes as no charge options. The pads are a different part number.

It was a $375 option for the black wheels option, as the stock were the grey. Also noted on the sticker for my car.

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
FWIW, In my 0ver 50 years of buying cars I learned long ago that what someone at a dealer says is usually said in ignorance. Mine did not have the red calipers......not stock with RE50's, my daughter paid for her red calipers with the all season tires. The official Ford data is shown below.
What I have been told by my dealer regarding he red calipers is aligned to what SteveS noted.

Summer performance tire car, with different pads. The sticker for mine notes perf ties and performance brakes as no charge options. The pads are a different part number.

It was a $375 option for the black wheels option, as the stock were the grey. Also noted on the sticker for my car.
Ford info
"From ST options 2016 "The red caliper came with the black wheels and either tire. That was the $375 I remembered, as I said, my daughters has the Black wheels and red calipers with the OEM All Season tires from the factory.
"Wheels: 17" Rado Gray Painted
STD
Wheels: 17" Premium Ebony Black
$375"

• Red Brake Calipers
(The red calipers came with the black wheels with either tire as ordered)

"Equipment Group 400A (ST package)
-$490

• Engine: 1.6L GTDI EcoBoost
  • Transmission: 6-Speed Manual
  • Tires: P205/40R17 84W Summer
  • Includes performance brakes and track pads.
  • Wheels: 17" Rado Gray Painted"
The so called performance brakes and track pads was standard with both the Gray and Black wheels. Came with the Group 400A (ST package) wheel color according to Ford had zero to do with performance brakes or pads, see above.
Ford parts shows only one pad for the ST, same P/N pads for 2014, 2016 and 2019. What 2 part numbers are you showing for a 2016? PIA to look all of them up, Hawk offered so called performance after market pads back in the early years. I replaced mine at 50K with the OEM pads. Nor does the listing of options for the FiST listing say anything about the black wheel coming with anything different in pads just red calipers as shown above.

SteveS

1000 Post Club
Red calipers were an option in 2016 and 2019, I assume it was every year though. Had nothing to do with the performance tires mine had the Bridgestone RE050A but the red calipers were $375 I seem to remember. I did mine myself in yellow for about $30. My daughters '18 FIST came with all season tires and the optional red calipers.
I still have the window sticker on our 2019. The ebony black wheel was a $375 option.
When we were shopping it was late 2019, but all the cars I saw that had the all-season tire listed on the sticker had silver brake calipers. Maybe the red caliper came with the black wheel.

SteveS

1000 Post Club
I once saw a Kona Blue with orange seats for sale on facebook marketplace. Almost bought it. Kicking myself for not doing it, but I had just bought a 94 Miata. It was very cool looking.

Often wondered why nobody put orange seats in a Green Envy car. That would have been "sick" as they say.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I still have the window sticker on our 2019. The ebony black wheel was a $375 option.
When we were shopping it was late 2019, but all the cars I saw that had the all-season tire listed on the sticker had silver brake calipers. Maybe the red caliper came with the black wheel.
Supposedly, there was also a 'factory mistake' where even the Rado Gray standard wheel cars got the red painted calipers (regardless of tires and pads), in the EARLY 2016 production run. [dunno]

FWIW, In my 0ver 50 years of buying cars I learned long ago that what someone at a dealer says is usually said in ignorance. Mine did not have the red calipers......not stock with RE50's, my daughter paid for her red calipers with the all season tires. The official Ford data is shown below.

Ford info
"From ST options 2016 "The red caliper came with the black wheels and either tire. That was the $375 I remembered, as I said, my daughters has the Black wheels and red calipers with the OEM All Season tires from the factory.
"Wheels: 17" Rado Gray Painted
STD
Wheels: 17" Premium Ebony Black
$375"

• Red Brake Calipers
(The red calipers came with the black wheels with either tire as ordered)

-$490

The so called performance brakes and track pads was standard with both the Gray and Black wheels. Came with the Group 400A (ST package) wheel color according to Ford had zero to do with performance brakes or pads, see above.
Ford parts shows only one pad for the ST, same P/N pads for 2014, 2016 and 2019. What 2 part numbers are you showing for a 2016? PIA to look all of them up, Hawk offered so called performance after market pads back in the early years. I replaced mine at 50K with the OEM pads. Nor does the listing of options for the FiST listing say anything about the black wheel coming with anything different in pads just red calipers as shown above.
With my vin (2016) catalog still gives me 2 different part numbers for both fronts and rears. Confusingly though, it doesn't specify what is what for the fronts.

1691878558736.png
1691878607092.png

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club

That is correct, only with the black wheels, my daughters '18 FiST came with (as ordered) A/S tires, Black wheels with the red calipers. The 2 options on her car was $0 A/S tires and $375 wheels and red calipers. Smart girl and a great driver, only person I allow to drive our cars.
With my vin (2016) catalog still gives me 2 different part numbers for both fronts and rears. Confusingly though, it doesn't specify what is what for the fronts.

View attachment 57346
View attachment 57347
I think we debated this on the Forum 7 or more years ago it was thought the "D" superceded the "C" with a less dusty pad. Either one fits all ST's. I don't remember anyone comparing performance against each other. I know '14 and '15's complained of dust, my '16 was not that horrible, I assumed I had the "D" pads. Only the "D" shows up on a web search for the "C" search now so I believe the "C" was discontinued....don't know when.
Fist On!

The front pads AY1Z-2001-D are for the non-performance brakes. AY1Z-2001-E are for the performance brakes.
I am looking to replace all 4 rotors and pads on my RallX car, but stock rules say they have to be "stock". Can you help me find the best stock/oem(ish) pad and rotor setup? By that I mean, maybe link the performance rear pad like the one above and if there are performance trim rotors, link those too? I'd like to get them ordered for this week as I have a race next weekend.

Thanks!

That is correct, only with the black wheels, my daughters '18 FiST came with (as ordered) A/S tires, Black wheels with the red calipers. The 2 options on her car was $0 A/S tires and $375 wheels and red calipers. Smart girl and a great driver, only person I allow to drive our cars.

I think we debated this on the Forum 7 or more years ago it was thought the "D" superceded the "C" with a less dusty pad. Either one fits all ST's. I don't remember anyone comparing performance against each other. I know '14 and '15's complained of dust, my '16 was not that horrible, I assumed I had the "D" pads. Only the "D" shows up on a web search for the "C" search now so I believe the "C" was discontinued....don't know when.
Fist On!
Yeah, sometimes the catalog we use gives us an anomaly. From my experience in the past when weā€™ve done brakes on FiSTā€™s, both numbers were still valid but one would be easier to get. Donā€™t remember which one but Iā€™m sure Iā€™ll come across it again. Iā€™m still a fairly new FiST owner and was hoping to give some insight.
Either way, Fist on to you too!

the duke

The orange seats were not usually found in black cars. They were most common in the orange cars even though they don't match. Molten Orange was the name of the paint color.

Black wheels were common on all colors of FiSTs and the red calipers meant the car came with Bridgestone RE050A summer-only tires rather than all-seasons. It also had more aggressive brake pads.
They perfectly match Molten Orange which was stopped after 2016. Orange Spice had far less red and didnā€™t match.

MOLTEN ORANGE SUPERIORITY

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
The front pads AY1Z-2001-D are for the non-performance brakes. AY1Z-2001-E are for the performance brakes.
Tasca shows only "C" through '19 on the parts sheet and '15-19 elsewhere on the site for the "E".... Ford versions are normally alphabetical so somewhere the "E" superseded the "D" guessing ' 15, I don't remember what the letter on the Ford set I replaced in '20. Whatever Levittown Ford listed at the time. The 400A group (ST) states "track" pads, I would believe that would be performance pads. And that was for the "C" and "D" pads listed on the 2016 parts list. So all ST's came with "performance brakes and track pads" , "C" or "D" according to Fords ST package info. Each was a newer version. My understanding was the "D" was less dusty, don't know what was changed on the "E" other than it was not a replacement for the "14" apparently on some sites. Whatever is the latest version will go on my car as the OEM pads have been excellent on my car.
-$490

2016 Sales literature

"Available Options & Packages (only showing 2)

17" premium Ebony Black-painted aluminum wheels with red-painted brake calipers

17" high-performance all-season tires, plus performance brakes with low-dust street pads"

This is why many of us assumed the "D" model pads were the A/S tire less dusty package and the "C" the dustier 050A's standard "track" pads.
I'm sure Ford could tell us when the "E" version was first delivered but I have no desire to do it again with tech questions because they had to set an appointment for me to talk to an engineer and get answers on why my Sync3 would not update. took weeks. Answer was I had a non-nav unit so it did not have enough memory to update. Replaced it with a newer unit under warranty.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account

Black FiSTs usually came with Storm grey recaros I do believe. My PB did....