Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

2016 FIESTA ST QUESTION

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
Black FiSTs usually came with Storm grey recaros I do believe. My PB did....
Black FiSTs usually came with Storm grey recaros I do believe. My PB did....
The red calipers came with the black wheels with either tires A/S or RE's like my daughters who ordered hers with A/S tires and Black wheels. Ford info printed on posts on this thread show this, only difference was the A/S came with "street" pads and the RE's had the "track" pads per Ford. Gray was standard on all FiST's. See post #20 for Ford info above.

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
They are talking about the color of the SEATS, not the calipers. [wink]
Yeah, we've established that the red calipers were part of the wheel color option. Red came with the wheel package, but some mistakes were made.
Tires and the associated brake pads were either ordered new, or else depended on the region where the car was sold. I doubt anyone in Alaska got summer tires.
The orange seats were either dealer-ordered, customer-ordered, or just a fluke because they had some orange seats laying around.
If I had a black car with the orange seats, I'd put a Harley Edition badge on it, just for fun.

Last edited:

Dpro

6000 Post Club
have seen several black cars with those seats actually. Ran across a few while I was looking for my car. As noted, most common in the Orange car, but have seen them in White and Magnetic cars too. Just depends on how it was ordered.

My ideal was an Orange car with smoke storm interior. I have seen one of those, ever, for sale.
Stupid dealers stupid did. Matching Molten Orange Recaro’s with Orange Spice was an exercise in people not having a clue about proper color matching,I.E. Taking the car to the upholstery shop and them making a color mistake. Though dumb dealers only thought Orange Recaros Orange car but it was borderline Red Recaros with a very Orange car.
Ya I had to order my Orange Spice with Smoke Storm Recaro’s. What escapes me is why Ford did a base model in lightening Blue but not a ST? Hell they did both base models and ST’s in Kona Blue. Of course I gave up on figuring out Fords crazy decisions on stuff awhile ago.

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
They are talking about the color of the SEATS, not the calipers. [wink]
There are posts with incorrect info on wheels, tires and pads on this thread that was started by others, not me. With over 8 years on this forum I have always provided correct info where needed. You are like many long term members and know the correct info but as seen on this thread many don't. I feel sure when you see incorrect info it irks you also. Bad info is important to correct in a Forum or it loses its value to members and visitors, no mater where it is posted. I have ignored several members here for consistent BS, I don't even want to see their posts any longer. People giving info without knowledge should refrain from unsupported statements when the actual Ford info is readily available.

I did not see anyone else post the correct Ford data so as I have in the past I will post corrections with references to actual Ford documents when I see them, wherever they are posted. I retired from technical training course writing so I am hyper sensitive to incorrect info as I was paid dearly and my courses were all reviewed by Subject Matter Experts to insure my work that was correct and references provided. "I heard from a guy at a dealer (LOL), read on a post or I believe" is far from actual data. Many times on Forums newbies unfortunately believe what they read.

Fist on my friend, I have learned much from your posts.

There are posts with incorrect info on wheels, tires and pads on this thread that was started by others, not me. With over 8 years on this forum I have always provided correct info where needed.
Fist on my friend, I have learned much from your posts.
I'm struggling to understand the pad information in this thread. So are there two oem pads, but one has objectively higher performance? I think I'm just going to do HP+ pads on stock rotors at this point because I'm new to the FiST and thoroughly confused.

SteveS

1000 Post Club
As long as we're making sure we are giving out correct information, please refer to the 2019 Fiesta ST and ST Line order guide.
https://media.ford.com/content/dam/fordmedia/North America/US/product/2019/fiesta/2019-Fiesta-ST-Order-Guide.pdf

In the "Standard Equipment" section for the ST on page 4, it says this:
Tire
— 17” Summer Tires and Performance Brakes with Track Pads –
205/40R17 84W Tire
— Full Size Spare Tire – 185/60R15
● Wheel
— 17” Rado Gray-painted Aluminum Wheel
— 15” Steel Spare Wheel
On page 6 in the Free-standing Options section it says this:
17” Premium Ebony Black-painted Aluminum Wheel with Red Brake Calipers 64H
17” All-Season Tires and Performance Brakes with Low Dust Street Pads TD9
So the RE050A tires came with track pads as the standard equipment.
The red calipers came with the black wheels as an option
The all-season tires came with low dust street pads as an option

If you go to the front brakes section for the 2019 Fiesta ST you will see listed first the brake pads ending in -C for the ST-Line (front disc, rear drum).
Then there is another parts diagram for the real ST with its parts below.
You'll then see the pads ending in -D (Fiesta with rear disc brakes) as the street pads
and the ones ending in -E (with rear disc brakes performance Fiesta ST model) as the track pads

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
I'm struggling to understand the pad information in this thread. So are there two oem pads, but one has objectively higher performance? I think I'm just going to do HP+ pads on stock rotors at this point because I'm new to the FiST and thoroughly confused.
Ford shows 2 pads....see above posts.....however I have never seen which is what Ford called the track pads with the RE 050A or the street pads for the A/S tires.....parts listing for the 2016 shows a C and a D pad. But which is which? Listings for the 2019 show a newer E pad not shown on the 2016 parts. You and the rest of us are confused. Just go with a quality aftermarket or the E version.

SteveS

1000 Post Club
Ford shows 2 pads....see above posts.....however I have never seen which is what Ford called the track pads with the RE 050A or the street pads for the A/S tires.....parts listing for the 2016 shows a C and a D pad. But which is which? Listings for the 2019 show a newer E pad not shown on the 2016 parts. You and the rest of us are confused. Just go with a quality aftermarket or the E version.
Here's the 2016 Fiesta brochure. https://cdn.dealereprocess.org/cdn/brochures/ford/2016-fiesta.pdf
On page 16 you can see that they had the exact same breakdown of options as the 2019 ordering flyer I posted earlier.

Here's the Tascaparts page for front brakes on the 2016 Fiesta ST. You'll see the exact same listing as for the 2019, a -C pad for cars with drum brake rear, a -D pad for cars with rear discs, and an -E performance pad for the ST. https://www.tascaparts.com/v-2016-ford-fiesta--st--1-6l-l4-gas/brakes--front-brakes

Regardless of how the car came originally equipped, if you want the "track" performance pad, you want the -E pad. If you want the "low-dust street" pad, get the -D pad.

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
Here's the 2016 Fiesta brochure. https://cdn.dealereprocess.org/cdn/brochures/ford/2016-fiesta.pdf
On page 16 you can see that they had the exact same breakdown of options as the 2019 ordering flyer I posted earlier.

Here's the Tascaparts page for front brakes on the 2016 Fiesta ST. You'll see the exact same listing as for the 2019, a -C pad for cars with drum brake rear, a -D pad for cars with rear discs, and an -E performance pad for the ST. https://www.tascaparts.com/v-2016-ford-fiesta--st--1-6l-l4-gas/brakes--front-brakes

Regardless of how the car came originally equipped, if you want the "track" performance pad, you want the -E pad. If you want the "low-dust street" pad, get the -D pad.

I agree today the E pad would be correct but it was not around in 2016, we were talking about a 2016. Post 12 shows the info we had in 2016. In 2016 if the street pad was the D then what was the track pad, their was no E then. The sales brochure and options were not wrong and a 2016 ST with Summer tires got the track pads as listed in the stock ST equipment. Now do you understand the issue in 2016?

Levittown where I shop shows the C for drum brakes, D for disk, and E for performance in newest listings. But also shows the E as the Hi-Po replacement for all years. But again I'll ask which in 2016 was the track pad, C or D? I have never seen an answer for that.
Only thing I can see is in 2016 the A/S and RE050A got a new track pad, the same low dust D pads were used on both. But no data from Ford on this.

One of the changes in 2016 ST was said to be low-dust pads as mentioned on a Forum post on changes in the '16. My were lower dust than a friends '14 so I'm sure we did get a low dust "track" pad like the Ford data shows and it was probably the D that year. As stated before it does not mater anymore, just a mystery that was never solved.
May this discussion RIP........

the duke

As long as we're making sure we are giving out correct information, please refer to the 2019 Fiesta ST and ST Line order guide.
https://media.ford.com/content/dam/fordmedia/North America/US/product/2019/fiesta/2019-Fiesta-ST-Order-Guide.pdf

In the "Standard Equipment" section for the ST on page 4, it says this:

On page 6 in the Free-standing Options section it says this:

So the RE050A tires came with track pads as the standard equipment.
The red calipers came with the black wheels as an option
The all-season tires came with low dust street pads as an option

If you go to the front brakes section for the 2019 Fiesta ST you will see listed first the brake pads ending in -C for the ST-Line (front disc, rear drum).
Then there is another parts diagram for the real ST with its parts below.
You'll then see the pads ending in -D (Fiesta with rear disc brakes) as the street pads
and the ones ending in -E (with rear disc brakes performance Fiesta ST model) as the track pads
This is slightly wrong in practicality as the Rado wheel color changed to "Rock Grey" and is a different shade/color. What gets me is this has been referred to as both Rock Grey and Rado Grey by Ford post 2016, but I have both wheels (OEM 2014, and an OEM 2019; 1 was replaced by a dealer for fucking it up during a tire change and was replaced new) and they are not the same color.

What that said I have no idea why Ford made this change on the wheels. Rock grey doesn't have anywhere near as deep a black shadow and is a more cement color than the traditional Rado color. It's odd.