Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

2016 FiST build- the quest for 425+whp

Good afternoon all! It was recommended that I should post my build as a thread on here, so here I am!
Currently I have done 90% of this work myself and I'm still going!
Mods right now:
-Cobb CAI
-Peron/Garett Gtx 2860R Gen 2 Turbo with external wastegate (Turbosmart wastegate)
-Tial 45mm BOV
-Nortech Tubular Manifold
-Whoosh V3 FMIC
- Peron De-cat downpipe with recirc for external wastegate
-GReddy 3" Exhaust
-G-Sport Cat welded in place of resonator
- Cobb Hardpipe kit, though these will probably be upgraded due to bad fitment
- Whoosh Evap Harness
-Roto Rims (not sure of the exact model, Im bad at these things haha)
-Tuned by Dizzytuning with street pulls
Mods upcoming!!!:
-Whoosh short throw shifter with all bushings being replaced
-Spec Stage 3+ Clutch
-Peron 4-port Aux Fuel Kit
-Custom Engine Build with forged internals and Cams from Piper (most likely)
-Debating also doing a sequential turbo setup with the original turbo as I have it sitting in my garage right now...
-Possibly doing the Coolerworx Short Shifter Pro as well

As I've said, Ive done most of the work myself, minus tuning for obvious reasons, and the engine build due to just not having the space for the required equipment since I move every 2-3 years for work. I will get around to posting some pictures later once I get my phone backed up on my new computer! Im by no means an expert mechanic or anything but these cars are relatively simple to work on and I love talking about them so please feel free to reach out if you ever want to know how anything feels in the car or if you're debating making some of these mods yourself! Ill be happy to help however I can!
Also if you are ever on the lookout for some of the stock parts, Ive kept pretty much everything so please, again, feel free to shoot me a message! Thanks for reading!

Ill post updates as more of my parts come in and get installed!

Carlos41

I have a few questions! I'm running a Mountutne MR280 package which include Garrett GT2554R from mountune, as well as their Fmic, upgraded charge pipes and turbosmart kompact bov (sitting in the symposer), then bought Whoosh v3 3" catless dp, a MBRP 3" exhaust, Coob CAI 3", with a Cobb APv3 stg3 93oct OTS tune (car isn't tuned yet) making 272whp. My question is after my tune and if possible I should see a little over 300whp what should I need to do to hit 330-350whp safely? Should it be fuel or something else I haven't thought of yet?

Last edited:

slopoke

I have a few questions! I'm running a Mountutne MR280 package which include Garrett GT2554R from mountune, as well as their Fmic, upgraded charge pipes and turbosmart kompact bov (sitting in the symposer), then bought Whoosh v3 3" catless dp, a MBRP 3" exhaust, Coob CAI 3", with a Cobb APv3 stg3 93oct OTS tune (car isn't tuned yet) making 272whp. My question is after my tune and if possible I should see a little over 300whp what should I need to do to hit 330-350whp safely? Should it be fuel or something else I haven't thought of yet?
I ran a Turbo Technics S240 turbo and without aux fuel, running 91 octane fuel. I got high 250 hp. When I went with a 4 port aux fuel system and ran E40, I got 290ish WHP. I then went Gen II Garrett GTX 2860R turbo and got 330ish WHP, with more possible.

To reach your goals, you need to go either aux fuel, in either 4 port or single, or go with a bigger HPFP and bigger DI injectors along with an E40 tune.

I know a Fiesta is making high 380 to 400ish whp. To get that, it's running full E85 and a upgraded low pressure fuel pump, along with a Garrett Gen II GTX2860R turbo.

Last edited:

Carlos41

I ran a Turbo Technics S240 turbo and without aux fuel, running 91 octane fuel. I got high 250 hp. When I went with a 4 port aux fuel system and ran E40, I got 290ish WHP. I then went Gen II Garrett GTX 2860R turbo and got 330ish WHP, with more possible.

To reach your goals, you need to go either aux fuel, in either 4 port or single, or go with a bigger HPFP and bigger DI injectors along with an E40 tune.
I was looking at the Bosch uprated injectors that can top off at about 330whp or the Whoosh single port aux injector with throttle plate since its plug and play that tops off at about 350-375 with its 65lb/hr or 90lb/hr injector for up to 400whp but I haven't heard anything about them

slopoke

I
I was looking at the Bosch uprated injectors that can top off at about 330whp or the Whoosh single port aux injector with throttle plate since its plug and play that tops off at about 350-375 with its 65lb/hr or 90lb/hr injector for up to 400whp but I haven't heard anything about them

If you do go aux fuel. I would suggest going 4 port, because with the 4 port, you know each cylinder is getting the same amount of fuel. The single port does not guarantee that each cylinder gets the same amount of fuel and with that, one or more cylinders may possibly go lean.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Not really Plug and play* FYI

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

jeff

2000 Post Club
Cool build, a local guy here in town has one that dyno'd 417whp iirc, the car is insane, no traction until about 70mph but still it'll kill a new Corvette on the interstate. Be safe and enjoy!

Good afternoon all! It was recommended that I should post my build as a thread on here, so here I am!
Currently I have done 90% of this work myself and I'm still going!
Mods right now:
-Cobb CAI
-Peron/Garett Gtx 2860R Gen 2 Turbo with external wastegate (Turbosmart wastegate)
-Tial 45mm BOV
-Nortech Tubular Manifold
-Whoosh V3 FMIC
- Peron De-cat downpipe with recirc for external wastegate
-GReddy 3" Exhaust
-G-Sport Cat welded in place of resonator
- Cobb Hardpipe kit, though these will probably be upgraded due to bad fitment
- Whoosh Evap Harness
-Roto Rims (not sure of the exact model, Im bad at these things haha)
-Tuned by Dizzytuning with street pulls
Mods upcoming!!!:
-Whoosh short throw shifter with all bushings being replaced
-Spec Stage 3+ Clutch
-Peron 4-port Aux Fuel Kit
-Custom Engine Build with forged internals and Cams from Piper (most likely)
-Debating also doing a sequential turbo setup with the original turbo as I have it sitting in my garage right now...
-Possibly doing the Coolerworx Short Shifter Pro as well

As I've said, Ive done most of the work myself, minus tuning for obvious reasons, and the engine build due to just not having the space for the required equipment since I move every 2-3 years for work. I will get around to posting some pictures later once I get my phone backed up on my new computer! Im by no means an expert mechanic or anything but these cars are relatively simple to work on and I love talking about them so please feel free to reach out if you ever want to know how anything feels in the car or if you're debating making some of these mods yourself! Ill be happy to help however I can!
Also if you are ever on the lookout for some of the stock parts, Ive kept pretty much everything so please, again, feel free to shoot me a message! Thanks for reading!

Ill post updates as more of my parts come in and get installed!
Hey man! Cool to see you in the forums. Your wheels are rota titans btw. 17x7.5 with 40mm offset. I’m the one who sold them to you lol.

OP
C
Thread Starter #14
So, I would start with getting an actual dyno tune, personally. There's really no right or wrong answers to how to do this. I went about building mine all sorts of backwards. I started with the exhaust and turbo. Also, in my opinion, the OTS maps are trash. They are very restrictive. So start with the tuning, then look into fuel system upgrades but to fully upgrade the fuel system, you could also throw a new turbo on there.. It's all about what you want to achieve and how much you're willing to spend! Feel free to message me and I can talk more in depth about how Ive built mine.

OP
C
Thread Starter #15
I know for the uprated injectors you would also need to do the fuel pump, specifically the hpfp. Check out dizzytuning, he has a few articles about the injectors and the fuel pumps.

OP
C
Thread Starter #16
Cool build, a local guy here in town has one that dyno'd 417whp iirc, the car is insane, no traction until about 70mph but still it'll kill a new Corvette on the interstate. Be safe and enjoy!
The goal is to get over 425 after the engine build. But thats awesome! Id love to see that!

jeff

2000 Post Club
The goal is to get over 425 after the engine build. But thats awesome! Id love to see that!
He's actually in the process of building his motor and when he's done I think he'll be closer to 450 but we will see. Didn't read all your mods but watch your clutch and tranny. Anything over 375whp and stuff starts breaking bad. Been here 5 years, seen it over and over and over. You might want to invest in a spare transmission or two to keep in your garage. Also anything fixed, like solid charge pipes, is toast. And mounts, iirc I didn't see any mount upgrades, if you're on stock motor mounts you can say goodbye to all three of them after your first pull in 2nd gear.

Good luck, be safe!

EDIT
Coincidentally a vid just dropped of the build I was talking about, check it out and check out Adam's channel, lots to learn from him, might be helpful as you work toward your goal:

TunePlus, Inc: Customer 450whp Fiesta ST Build Update #1 - YouTube

Last edited:

CSM

1000 Post Club
He's actually in the process of building his motor and when he's done I think he'll be closer to 450 but we will see. Didn't read all your mods but watch your clutch and tranny. Anything over 375whp and stuff starts breaking bad. Been here 5 years, seen it over and over and over. You might want to invest in a spare transmission or two to keep in your garage. Also anything fixed, like solid charge pipes, is toast. And mounts, iirc I didn't see any mount upgrades, if you're on stock motor mounts you can say goodbye to all three of them after your first pull in 2nd gear.

Good luck, be safe!

EDIT
Coincidentally a vid just dropped of the build I was talking about, check it out and check out Adam's channel, lots to learn from him, might be helpful as you work toward your goal:

TunePlus, Inc: Customer 450whp Fiesta ST Build Update #1 - YouTube
I watched the 417hp dyno in person at JST. Looking forward to seeing his Fiesta get back on the road!

I am awaiting some oil results from Blackstone (might be shedding a bearing), and if I get bad news, my car may get shipped off to Adam for a rebuild, turbo upgrade, and 350whp. I've been impressed with his work lately.