Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

2016 FIST rated at 33 mpg highway

Has anyone tried using the economy map on the AP? I was thinking of using it on an upcoming road trip (mostly highway) just to see what kind of mileage I could get. Does it make much of a difference?
I did. Maybe a MPG or two but the boost limit makes it horrible to make a pass. Won't use it again most likely.

I read you can switch this tunes (maps?) on the fly. So you can switch to econo mode while driving or do you have to pull over?
Yes, the OTS maps each have an "eco mode" which you can switch to on the fly, and I do sometimes when I'm daily driving in stop-and-go. Though apparently it is not as efficient as the full economy map, which would need to be loaded up through the AP with the engine off. Haven't tried that one. From Cobb's notes:

Map slot 2 = Pseudo-Economy ? This mode disables the wastegate and adjusts WOT fueling for efficiency. This can be used to quickly lower power for times when performance is not needed but is not as thorough as the true Economy Mode calibration. For full economy enhancements please use the Economy Mode calibration.