Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

2016 FiST - Ticking Noise after hitting a coyote

Hit a coyote, did mostly cosmetic damage, received the car back and waiting for a Ford Appt. on the 17th.
Car has this ticking noise that I am trying to figure out. Currently need to jack it up and check exhaust didn't loosen on me.
VVT Solenoids, Leaking Exhaust, Internal, Cam Timing Deal
No check engine light, car has an exhaust only.

What do you think? The direct injection is there but that tick is distinct.

Fiesta ST Ticking

OP
E
Thread Starter #5
It's what I figured. Rocket Powered Roller Skates for 25hp wouldn't be bad, going to check the serpentine and see if it got mangled during all of it.
I wonder if I can two step the roller skates and crackle tune it..... :unsure:

Will jack it up this weekend and see what I can find.

Exhaust is most likely and I would suspect the exhaust manifold as the primary point. Second most likely is the accessory drive belt system but that area is pretty well protected.

It it possible the rad cooling fan has something in it, or was knocked off kilter? eg. If you wobble the fan blade up and down, does it have a lot of play in it?

Old Mike Emerson

U.S. Navy Veteran
You supposed to race Mustangs not run them over. Glad your ok and the car is being repaired. As for the ticking, no telling without getting under it.