Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

2017 Fiesta ST - 100% stock throwing CEL: P0420

With the wife not working, the car has been sitting in the garage. Have not scheduled an appointment with the ford dealer yet but hopefully soon. I will definitely post the results in here after they confirm it is the cat or who knows what else.
Annnnd... OP died.

CarGuy

1000 Post Club
Did you ever replace the downstream O2 sensor? I thought that's what most were recommending to do before you went to the dealer. If you are home now you have plenty of time to do this before you hit up the dealer.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

CarGuy

1000 Post Club
What do you like so much better about the Evo?
It's like a FiST on steroids! It gives you the same visceral driving experience but with a much larger envelope of performance. It's faster, brakes better, handles better and communicates with the driver even better than the FiST. At least the Evo VIII and IX did...not so much in the X.

It's like a FiST on steroids! It gives you the same visceral driving experience but with a much larger envelope of performance. It's faster, brakes better, handles better and communicates with the driver even better than the FiST. At least the Evo VIII and IX did...not so much in the X.
That's interesting to hear. I've driven a number of current fun cars in search of the "right" option. I never tried an Evo, maybe I should have even just as a comparison point. The FiST isn't perfect, but I came to the conclusion that only the ND Miata is better, below say a Cayman.

CarGuy

1000 Post Club
That's interesting to hear. I've driven a number of current fun cars in search of the "right" option. I never tried an Evo, maybe I should have even just as a comparison point. The FiST isn't perfect, but I came to the conclusion that only the ND Miata is better, below say a Cayman.
The Cayman is also extremely good! I've wanted one since I tested it for Motor Trend Car of the Year. It's brilliant!

OP
PolloVagabundo
Thread Starter #49
Did you ever replace the downstream O2 sensor? I thought that's what most were recommending to do before you went to the dealer. If you are home now you have plenty of time to do this before you hit up the dealer.

We actually replaced the first o2 sensor before the downpipe. Maybe we should have done the other? :(

What do you like so much better about the Evo?
While the fiST provides an amazing driving experience the Evo is a multiplier of that same type of fun. The feeling of driving what almost feels like a go kart on the street. The Evo is built much better. But here are my top reasons: Only has 5 gears. A nice simple leather interior with heated Recaros but has much more interior room. Brembos, sunroof, HIDs, Rockford Fosgate sound system - which are all stock features. it's easy to modify and picks up nice whp gains with minimal mods. It has been very reliable being the original owner and currently at 86K miles with no issues. Capable of varying terrain (has tarmac, gravel and snow mode) SuperAllWheelControl with ActiveYawControl/ 337whp/350tq (mustang dyno) is perfect for a daily IMO.
Out of the handfuls of cars we have owned, it is by far my favorite for a daily driver.
Also, the 4b11T has proven very stout. There are more and more 600whp stock block builds these days proving this.