Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

2018 Certified Pre-Owned loaded used pricing

Intuit

3000 Post Club
You would be better off NOT going to the dealer for the best price......work from email, no phone at first. Get them down to a good price in writing before going to their turf. If you have another dealer close email them to see what price they can get you on the car, tell them you don't like the other dealer but like the car....odds are the dealer where it is at does not own it so other dealers can get it. My daughter got hers 5 months ago at her local dealer and they trucked it in and beat the price from the other dealer out of town. Also search on the Ford build and price site for FiST's within 100 miles of you. Could save you thousands. Last 4 new Fords in my family came from 4 different states than we live in. Good luck, they are getting hard to find and why my daughter did not wait to get the exact one she wanted.
I'm taking these tips to heart. Sometimes people don't have the luxury of waiting on email though. I also wonder how common non-responses are... forcing you to phone or walk in? Convenient thing about email though, you can hit a lot of'em, efficiently. Good tips...

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
We bought our new Mustang GT 4 months ago....we are still getting emails from the dealers we did not buy from. Unless you live in a big city shopping around can only mean email. As to no response, never happens. You will not be the first to buy online, my FiST and ex's Escape were sold by the sales manager/ internet manager cutting out the sales people. Once they get it through their head they are not getting a phone number or you coming in until you agree IN WRITING on a price they will work with you, tell them they are one of three or four dealers you are working with. We have not bought a new car going to a dealership since the early 90's. All four of our new Fords recently purchased by our family were out of state at a price the local dealers would not touch. I will gladly drive 100 miles to save $500 and wait for the end of the month and beat them down for even more. We were lucky that my wife's Mustang had exact matches with 2 in FL, 1 in GA and 1 in NC, her car actually has every option available on a California Special so the 4 cars stickers were the exact same price, playing one against the other determined where we would buy and they all knew it. With the $2000 rebate we had to buy from stock on her car.

I negotiated a deal for my ex-wife in LA for her new Escape, got her a deal in Houston TX that beat all others and with a $99 plane fare, dealer picked her up at the airport and all went smooth. The biggest mistake people make buying a car is being in a hurry. When the dealer figures that out you are screwed. Slow play them, they have a quota to meet every month and will take a $1000 loss on a car to get a $50K bonus for meeting sale goals. All car sales are down big time, a great time to buy!

Intuit

3000 Post Club
I don't have an answer on the OTD price.

Regarding mileage, that may mean that they're highway miles? Highway miles are typically considered to be less stressful... way less stressful. High mileage is bad. But high miles only for the short time, not necessarily. (so long as they changed the oil of course) Regardless, I would still continue to leverage that mileage in your favor as part of the negotiation.

EDIT: Be prepared to point out other flaws that will help negotiate the price down... even if that means bringing a car-knowledgeable friend, mechanic even, with you. EVERY used vehicle has flaws.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
You are really putting WAY too much effort into this.

I think stock seats are more comfortable; I have sat in both but not owned both. I also think a majority of people would agree with that (even if they wouldn't admit it for obvious reasons). If you disagree with that OK. If you want to keep going to "win" this argument; I guess that's ok too??

Frankly, I don't care enough either way to keep going.

GL with your purchase OP!
ah excuse me I had left this I am not trying to win an argument I was merely pointing out that your statement was blanket., which you cannot seem to accept. You insisted on going back and forth. I also realized this is not the first time you have done this.
oh and yes when people do this I do debate them.

He's simply using the internet forum to gather more information. Nothing wrong with that. Please don't chase away legitimate participants.

It's his thread and I think he's entitled to a brief one-time expression at specifically those who've behaved in an undesirable manner.
Ah well its fine for that and the debate actually did give him info seat wise. So it was not all for loss. Also the forum is fine with member debates its not fine when a newbie starts calling people names and resorting to what could be deemed as offensive remarks to some.
We do have women on this forum albeit few when they see remarks like his.
In fact those remarks do not make for a legitimate participant. So quite your defense of them as they are inappropriate for the forum.
Oh and do not come back with a snowflake remark. It was derogatory towards women not me. It still does not justify it and he should be apologizing to the forum for using them in the first place.

Last edited:
OP
B
Thread Starter #26
Enough already! You made your point that you like the Recaros and he made his point he likes the stock seats...end of discussion on the seats. Get over yourselves. You can both now stay out of this thread from now on! Newbie? lol yeah that's a good excuse for you. This wasn't your thread to debate in the way both of you did.

Anyways, back on topic. The used CPO is off the table for now unless the dealer wakes up in this current market.

I sent this to him earlier today:
I'm concerned about the mileage on this vehicle in that short of period. Especially with the CarFAX showing the 1st oil change at 11k miles. A turbo, even with full synthetic oil, is not going to like it let alone the rest of the powertrain. Unless there is proof of oil change prior to that which wasn't properly registered under CarFAX.

With the car market the way it has been lately for both new and used, for me to consider this car it would have to be well under 17k OTD. Also, tires and brakes would have to be almost new or new for that price. And they would have to be OEM spec tires and pads(the high performance track pads).

Thanks again for all your time and help. I really appreciate it.
His response:
No Worries, unfortunately were to far away on this particular car, I can always keep my eye`s open for another, we get them in from time to time, if you need anything please let me know.
Time to move on to find another FiST somewhere else.

Thanks again for all the info and help.

Bluestang just click on his name and choose ignore... then you are not feeding the troll anymore. :)

BTW I used cargurus to find my FiST. I had to fly down to Atlanta, but that ticket was only $200 and I saved a pile of cash and got a nice 8 hour drive back to Cincy as part of the deal.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Attention to all.
Please learn to play nice or don't play at all.