Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

2018 Fist cruise control

NotGnu

U.S. Navy Veteran
I took my fist on a road trip. 640 miles in the rain on Firestone Indy 500 summer tires in the rain (eff these tires).
Still was fun.
My cruise control stopped working.
Dash indicator doesn't even turn on.
I immediately suspected looking for a blown fuse.
Google didn't tell me where that fuse could be.
So I am asking here.

You will have to look elsewhere. There's no specific fuse for the cruise. If a fuse would be blown, you'd have other stuff that wouldn't work.
1679778015150.png 1679778046518.png 1679778073498.png

OP
NotGnu

NotGnu

U.S. Navy Veteran
Thread Starter #4
OP
NotGnu

NotGnu

U.S. Navy Veteran
Thread Starter #5
Well, it probably not the clutch switch as the car starts. But my dolt arse didn't start troubleshooting soon enough.
Apparently, I have no brake lights.
I was curious as to why that lady was flailing her arms.
Going to take a SWAG at it. I am going to check the brake switch first.
I backed it into the driveway to reflect off the garage door as my neighbors don't like me.
Now I just have to wait for the sun to go down to check.

I'm not sure if the fiesta is the same, but the focus hatches can have brake light issues when there is a damaged wire in the harness that goes into the hatch. Something else to check

haste

1000 Post Club
Well, it probably not the clutch switch as the car starts. But my dolt arse didn't start troubleshooting soon enough.
I backed it into the driveway to reflect off the garage door as my neighbors don't like me.
I had the opposite problem recently and my brake lights were staying on causing my cruise control to work intermittently. Figured it out one day after I got home. I was lazy for a while and would just pull up on my brake pedal with my foot to correct the issue. Finally got under there and used an adjustable wrench on the switch bracket and moved the bracket a little closer to the pedal.

rallytaff

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
You're a veteran, screw the neighbours!