Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

2018 Model Configurator is up!

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
I posted this in Dec. 2016, looks like my guesses were mostly correct except the 3 cyl displacement. I am glad we get a carryover car, my daughter wants a 2018 ST and the Mountune MP-215.

"What next?? Fiesta sale down 26% in USA. Unless gas goes through the roof, and with the US love affair with SUVs, I don't see it being imported to the US for 2018. I think this is why the next gen ST will be the 1.0 L engine......Europe will buy it but I don't think the US market will support it. So I think the warmed over 2017 will be the swan song in the US. Business Insider estimates that only 5000 ST's will be sold in the US this year and is optimistic with that figure. That is high at 6% market share when it is currently only running 5%. Dealers are being beat down on price as the market for the Fiesta ST is small and most people that wanted one have already purchased one. I wonder if that will boost used ST's prices? I also wonder about the color choices for 2017, only 4 colors offered and the only no charge colors are Black and Magnetic! Extra cost is White Platinum and the new Orange. Cost cutting measures?

Well, all great cars maintain their value when the numbers made stays low. I think in 20 years a nice original low miles no mods ST will be a premium car. Think 2002 Ti, a nice car but not at today's prices. Priced an XKE lately, or a Ford Cortina Cosworth, any early Lotus not to mention Shelby's and Boss cars?

It should be interesting to see how the 2018 Fiesta works out for the USA. What about a tariff on cars from Mexico, how will that work out except not good for the Fiesta ST?"

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
I agree that a clean, unmodified ST will be worth something 25 years from now. Most won't live that long.

Subscribing, not thrilled that I have a brand new 2017 and the 2018 will have a backup cam... oh well. Love the car anyway.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
I don't see Kona Blue as a paint option on their website.

Also funny, it says you can't get the heated mirrors without the leather seats.

Regardless, I bet if I called a dealer they would be able to order it, Kona with heated mirrors and cloth seats. Unfortunately they won't be able to put the missing dash accent lighting on the passenger side, that my '16 has. So that's my deal breaker. [wink]

Plainrt

1000 Post Club
I don't see Kona Blue as a paint option on their website.

Also funny, it says you can't get the heated mirrors without the leather seats.

Regardless, I bet if I called a dealer they would be able to order it, Kona with heated mirrors and cloth seats. Unfortunately they won't be able to put the missing dash accent lighting on the passenger side, that my '16 has. So that's my deal breaker. [wink]

They didn't have kona blue last year not sure why would for 18.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
They didn't have kona blue last year not sure why would for 18.
Guess you couldn't tell I was being a little silly.
Now I have to ask the question... have you attempted to place an order directly with the dealer?

Earlier this year I had attempted to order spectacles/glasses through a website. According to the reseller's and manufacturer's websites, my lenses were outside the maximum specifications for the frames. So I bypassed the websites and contacted the manufacturer directly and they fulfilled my order without problem. Can't find the specs you're looking for on Dell's website? Contact their consumer sales directly and they'll oblige.

Obviously we can't really order a vehicle directly from Ford, but the dealerships can, and they aren't necessarily using the consumer website for doing so. Maybe there really isn't an option for Kona Blue or heated mirrors with standard seats. (as silly as the second part is - that's the consumer website) But we don't know for sure until one of us tries. Worse they can say is, 'no'. [:0]

Regardless, they won't be able to put the accent lighting back on the passenger side dash that my '16 has. So that's a definite deal breaker. [wink][wink][wink][kidding][wink][wink][wink]

Configuration App is (finally!) up for Canadian ST!

They increased the price by 300$, so you know how much the rearview camera costs you! T

They added a White color too.

https://shop.ford.ca/build/fiesta/?gnav=header-build&intcmp=show-bp#/select/
Well the backup cam would be quite useful as I am now dependent on mine. It would be nice to have a few more color options however... I would spend a bit more for the blue.. We are lucky to have this car for one more year at least. Maybe if they had a rush on sales they would realize how popular this car really is.

Well the backup cam would be quite useful as I am now dependent on mine. It would be nice to have a few more color options however... I would spend a bit more for the blue.. We are lucky to have this car for one more year at least. Maybe if they had a rush on sales they would realize how popular this car really is.
That an 18 build is available is great news. Limied color choices is one way to drive down production costs and drill down on appeal simultaneously! Given the steady ratcheting down of color choices, a potential buyer could legitimately assume that Ford wasn't really very interested in selling Fiesta ST.
The Fiesta ST has never sold in a quantity that could be described as "popular". It is a niche vehicle.