Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

2019 fiesta ST; Whoosh Exhaust Choices?!

Hi guys excited to say i have sold my 2018 Golf R for a 2019 Fiesta ST, This car is so fun and agile. I really did miss driving a 6 speed as my golf was dsg!
Anyways i was looking at exhaust systems on Whoosh Motorsports as i would love some sound, was looking into the Borla, Thermal, & Milltek any recommendations?
Will they be too loud with a catless down pipe? which will have drone?

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Hi guys excited to say i have sold my 2018 Golf R for a 2019 Fiesta ST, This car is so fun and agile. I really did miss driving a 6 speed as my golf was dsg!
Anyways i was looking at exhaust systems on Whoosh Motorsports as i would love some sound, was looking into the Borla, Thermal, & Milltek any recommendations?
Thermal hand down...end of story!

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Exhausts, period, are a waste of money, catless DP only gains 3hp7tq... On A HYBRID! To get some sound with the Symposer delete to lower the chance of boost leak while tuned, I literally just changed my rear muffler for a glasspack, all the rest stock and it sounds nice and deep with some natural bits of pops and gurgles. $150 total including labor glasspack and resonated tip which doesn't do much other than move the sound out the back really.

Exhausts, period, are a waste of money, catless DP only gains 3hp7tq... On A HYBRID! To get some sound with the Symposer delete to lower the chance of boost leak while tuned, I literally just changed my rear muffler for a glasspack, all the rest stock and it sounds nice and deep with some natural bits of pops and gurgles. $150 total including labor glasspack and resonated tip which doesn't do much other than move the sound out the back really.
Dan, you got any sound clips around somewhere? I've seen you talk about your setup a few times and it might be just what I'm looking for. I want more noise without dropping 700+ on a system I know doesn't give me any power

Thanks

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Dan, you got any sound clips around somewhere? I've seen you talk about your setup a few times and it might be just what I'm looking for. I want more noise without dropping 700+ on a system I know doesn't give me any power

Thanks
Cell phone mic just didn't do it justice in just how deep it sounds... https://photos.app.goo.gl/AZDgrQ1Qg8j9kQQq8

I went full COBB and NEVER lose excitement listening to the exhaust. Windows down is even better!

To me COBB just reeks of quality compared to a lot of other exhausts I've used on different applications over the years. It wasn't cheap but I feel completely satisfied with the smiles per miles!

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
On a stock turbo a downpipe is pointless. If you want a prebuilt system the thermal is the way to go. I think I might be the one with the most time doing acoustic testing and engineering of FiST exhaust systems on the forums and after a few thousand spent and several iterations I wound up with the same solution Thermal uses for mitigating drone. Their rear "muffler" is a housing with a quarter wave resonator inside targeting the 106hz range that 3" exhaust drones at on a FiST. I don't regret the money I spent "playing" - I even recently ordered an MBRP from Whoosh to see if I could tame the savage drone that thing makes. If it works out I might even manufacture a run of rear sections for the MBRP exhaust with a built in quarter wave :p

I would've ordered a thermal but they weren't in stock, and the MBRP is a lot faster than bending a full new set of 3" tubing and my existing test-bed is getting pretty ragged from repeated cutting/welding.

Last edited: