Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

2019 fiesta ST; Whoosh Exhaust Choices?!

CSM

1000 Post Club
Thanks for sharing. That... that sounds loud AF, to be honest. For some reason it sounded more mild on the clips I've seen so far. Pretty crazy that's with resonator and what looks like a fairly large muffler...
TBH Thermal exhausts are mild at part throttle. But under WOT they do wake up. I'm also running catless DP which contributes to noise.

My FRS's Thermal exhaust is the same way. Quiet under part throttle, but really gets loud under WOT.

Thermal sounds amazing. quiet at startup/idle. Loud at full throttle. Exactly what I wanted. and I am running a catted depo downpipe.

Only thing I was told my other forum members and proved to be true, the slip joints will come loose. Its only been about a month and I can hear a exhaust leak growing under car. Im going to have them welded and dealt with permanently.

CSM

1000 Post Club
Thermal sounds amazing. quiet at startup/idle. Loud at full throttle. Exactly what I wanted. and I am running a catted depo downpipe.

Only thing I was told my other forum members and proved to be true, the slip joints will come loose. Its only been about a month and I can hear a exhaust leak growing under car. Im going to have them welded and dealt with permanently.
Which joint came loose? Mine have been fine for 25k

I dont know yet, have to get under it. Sounds like closer to the front, maybe the one right at downpipe connector. Plan on going under it this weekend and see

I ended up going with the thermal based on Clint Beastwood's top notch drone science and testimony. I just tightened the slip joints to 3 ugga-duggas and is seems good. But quarantine has limited my milage :( Sounds amazing. I also put on a Boomba BoV adapter since I'm a child and I get a lot of joy out of how much noise the car makes. The GF not so much, but she loves me despite all my automotive-related flaws [emoji23]

Interior w/ BoV: View: http://imgur.com/a/5gNHzB

Exterior: View: https://imgur.com/a/4WGHhlE

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^Those revs are still quieter than my resonated CP-E Nexus system. [thumb] [cool]

If you want to save your hearing, and not have the neighbors constantly calling the cops on you, THIS is the system you want. [wink]

^^^Those revs are still quieter than my resonated CP-E Nexus system. [thumb] [cool]

If you want to save your hearing, and not have the neighbors constantly calling the cops on you, THIS is the system you want. [wink]
How do you like the CP-E? I love their products, and their exhaust looks pretty awesome.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
How do you like the CP-E? I love their products, and their exhaust looks pretty awesome.

I really like the sound (and get a lot of compliments about it, even from non-FiST enthusiasts), and the choices I have for tips I can use as well.
That rear branched Helmholtz resonator being in the way of certain tips I use is about the only thing I really don't like about it.

As much as I say that I would have bought the Thermal IF it was available when I bought the CP-E, I don't love it, or dislike anything about the CP-E, enough to swap them now. [wink]

CSM

1000 Post Club

I've ridden in a CPE equipped car and the drone is a little worse than my Thermal FWIW

That being said, CP-E is top notch. Mitch@CP-E did the turbo install and dyno tuning on my car (I grew up in Spartanburg where they are HQ'd and go back on occasion).

FMIC, RMM, Drop in fliter, E30 Tune. Save the exhaust decisions until after you drive your fist with these mods.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I ended up going with the thermal based on Clint Beastwood's top notch drone science and testimony. I just tightened the slip joints to 3 ugga-duggas and is seems good. But quarantine has limited my milage :( Sounds amazing. I also put on a Boomba BoV adapter since I'm a child and I get a lot of joy out of how much noise the car makes. The GF not so much, but she loves me despite all my automotive-related flaws [emoji23]

Interior w/ BoV: View: http://imgur.com/a/5gNHzB

Exterior: View: https://imgur.com/a/4WGHhlE

Welcome to the Club!

Go with Thermal and you'll be happy you did. Buy once, cry once as I was told when researching an exhaust for my '14 green Envy.
This was my experience too. All my research kept leading me to the Thermal. That's not to say it's the right one for everyone, but it is a very very good choice!

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
I have to admit, I occasionally consider buying a Varex electrically-valved muffler (push a button and it goes from quiet/muffled to straight pipe), but the electric flapper/motors seem like a pain in the ass long-term. I'd prefer a manual valve so I could stop the car, reach under the rear and flip the valve and get back to it. Unfortunately Varex mufflers sound like butt :|

I have to admit, I occasionally consider buying a Varex electrically-valved muffler (push a button and it goes from quiet/muffled to straight pipe), but the electric flapper/motors seem like a pain in the ass long-term. I'd prefer a manual valve so I could stop the car, reach under the rear and flip the valve and get back to it. Unfortunately Varex mufflers sound like butt :|
I had a friend with an Evo X with something like that. Over 18psi or some high boost amount, he had a pipe that would open and dump exhaust right off the turbo. So driving normally, it was a quiet exhaust. When you floored it, it was like open headers haha (I know it dumped after the turbo of course lol). It was awesome.

Sent from my Samsung Note using Tapatalk

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
I like the fact you can get the variable valve exhaust on the Mustang GT. Wish they had that for the FiST when I bought it. My son uses the cutouts (2) on his street racer Trans-Am cars. Loves them.

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
I had a friend with an Evo X with something like that. Over 18psi or some high boost amount, he had a pipe that would open and dump exhaust right off the turbo. So driving normally, it was a quiet exhaust. When you floored it, it was like open headers haha (I know it dumped after the turbo of course lol). It was awesome.

Sent from my Samsung Note using Tapatalk
I bet J.C. Whitney still sells what we used in High School. A cutout with a cable like the old HVAC controls and looks like the old Choke controls in the dash. Pull out to open and push back in to close. Was under $10 back in the late '60's shipped!