Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

2020 GT500 goes 10.6@133!!!

STTom

Premium Account
This car is going to be faster than many thought. Best pass so far is 10.6@133 with a 1.75 60’. But I think 10.8@132 in Las Vegas with a 1.8 60’ and 2800 DA shows more potential.

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
No manual. I’d take GT350 and row my own boat.
I was the same way for a long time, but as the mobility issues start to get in the way I've given newer autos a chance. They're not as fun, no, but they're... good.
The most fun auto transmissions I've driven were
- Kia stinger GT (pretty decent, not amazing, but better than I thought. Did a good job of keeping in boost, better than I'd be with a manual in that car).
- Alfa Romeo Giulia (wife's car, amazing transmission. Awful feeling brakes. Shifts absurdly fast for a standard auto).
- Fiat 500 Abarth auto (surprisingly great! and the ECu is tuned to pop on up and downshifts).

Coming from a grand national not too long ago, I'd kill for that to have one of the modern auto transmissions, even if just for holding/building boost and staying in the power band. 10 speed auto with a grand national? You could tune for a 2500rpm powerband and actually stay in it!

Brianmc27

I was the same way for a long time, but as the mobility issues start to get in the way I've given newer autos a chance. They're not as fun, no, but they're... good.
The most fun auto transmissions I've driven were
- Kia stinger GT (pretty decent, not amazing, but better than I thought. Did a good job of keeping in boost, better than I'd be with a manual in that car).
- Alfa Romeo Giulia (wife's car, amazing transmission. Awful feeling brakes. Shifts absurdly fast for a standard auto).
- Fiat 500 Abarth auto (surprisingly great! and the ECu is tuned to pop on up and downshifts).

Coming from a grand national not too long ago, I'd kill for that to have one of the modern auto transmissions, even if just for holding/building boost and staying in the power band. 10 speed auto with a grand national? You could tune for a 2500rpm powerband and actually stay in it!
I understand they have come a long way and are, in general, faster than their manual counterparts; but I will cling to the visceral connection the manual gives me until I no longer can.

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
I understand they have come a long way and are, in general, faster than their manual counterparts; but I will cling to the visceral connection the manual gives me until I no longer can.
I think my perspective started to shift when things went cable actuated. I LOVE old mechanical linkage cars - cables are buttcheeks :|

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
That's hella fast I'd imagine a few quick bolt-ons and getting into the 9s
Hell, just a set of drag radials, and disconnecting the front sway bar (IF neither of those were done during that pass, I did not watch the vids) could get it there! [crazyeye]

I want one of these so bad but refuse to pay the dealer markups which I am betting will be 10-20k, maybe more. I more than likely will end up with a C8 Z06 once it comes out.

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
I'm holding out for the electric mustang. I'm using the fiesta to tide me over.

Of course there are some in the Fiesta ST community that trend towards the GT350, that is not a newsflash at all, I'd be more surprised if those people said they love the GT500.

Ford marketing and engineering have said as much. The so-called purist which I have a problem with on a many levels will buy a GT350 if given a choice. I included Engineering Explained, Fast Lane Daily, One Take, /Drive and few others who share that world view.

As a drag racer myself, I want the GT500. Low 10's will be within reach with more aggressive tune and drag radials. A pulley might get you 10.0x or even 9.9x with excellent DA.

Brooks @Drag Times ordered his car last month it's been delayed maybe until the end of the year or early Jan. Lauren Fix also ordered one with the $18,500 Track Package.

I'd love to get one to be in the battle for who has the set the fastest stock time in the 1/4 as that should be fun.

The car seems like overkill for me... I would have that higher revving flat plane crank, manual gearbox, less front end weight of the GT350, especially in the turns.
It is not overkill it is built to compete with the Hellcat and all it's variants. The GT350 does not do that, different strokes...

Mikey456

Of course there are some in the Fiesta ST community that trend towards the GT350, that is not a newsflash at all, I'd be more surprised if those people said they love the GT500.

Ford marketing and engineering have said as much. The so-called purist which I have a problem with on a many levels will buy a GT350 if given a choice. I included Engineering Explained, Fast Lane Daily, One Take, /Drive and few others who share that world view.

As a drag racer myself, I want the GT500. Low 10's will be within reach with more aggressive tune and drag radials. A pulley might get you 10.0x or even 9.9x with excellent DA.

Brooks @Drag Times ordered his car last month it's been delayed maybe until the end of the year or early Jan. Lauren Fix also ordered one with the $18,500 Track Package.

I'd love to get one to be in the battle for who has the set the fastest stock time in the 1/4 as that should be fun.
I know very little about drag racing, but is there a class for late model cars like this. Whenever I turn on the tube, I see big block Novas, Camaros, etc doing these kind of numbers. Isn’t it way more cost effective to go with these early car models then buy the new model stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know very little about drag racing, but is there a class for late model cars like this. Whenever I turn on the tube, I see big block Novas, Camaros, etc doing these kind of numbers. Isn’t it way more cost effective to go with these early car models then buy the new model stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There are very few classes were a GT500 would be competitive. Most of the cars making that kind of power are heavily modified and not used on the street at all. If you want an all out drag Mustang the next generation Cobra Jet will likely come online next year it usually comes out after the GT500 does.

The Cobra Jet isn't street legal.

You can go 10.60's for less, a Focus ST has gone 10.6's already. Not to mention countless Hondas, Evo's, WRX STi's and other cars that have eclipsed that level of performance.

I'm fairly sure a Fiesta ST will go that quick...Not stock of course.

Last edited: