Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

2020 Honda Jazz Type R details leak ahead of debut this year

Jerickson88

Yep, it's build on the MDX/Passport platform - great ride, esp. with the taller profile truck-ish tires.

As my FiST becomes more track-day oriented I'm thinking about getting rid of my daily F-150 for a Civic SI. I hate working on them, but Honda's are stone reliable and the SI isn't a bad commute car.
2 full time kids, 1 in a booster and 1 just turned forward facing. The FiST is working fine. The 3rd is here every other weekend. It works. My wife's 16 Civic is bigger no doubt but it looks like a disaster area, so we rarely take it anywhere haha

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
The cross tour was a syphilitic abortion due to a Pygmy grudge fu$k. God dam that car was uglier than Sin.

Exciting crossover
Honest politician
Interesting smalltalk
Reliable Chrysler
Multi-use toiletpaper

And a million other things that don't exist by definition
The Ridgeline is not any more a truck than the El Camino was. It's not a bad vehicle but it is not a truck, maybe a ute but not a truck.

Trucks have beds separate from the cab, and yes, the 61-63 f-series and avalanche are included, they may have looked similar but they are not trucks either.

jeffreylyon

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Exciting crossover
Honest politician
Interesting smalltalk
Reliable Chrysler
Multi-use toiletpaper

And a million other things that don't exist by definition
The Ridgeline is not any more a truck than the El Camino was. It's not a bad vehicle but it is not a truck, maybe a ute but not a truck.

Trucks have beds separate from the cab, and yes, the 61-63 f-series and avalanche are included, they may have looked similar but they are not trucks either.
Huh... I thought trucks were trucks because they had beds.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Trucks are truck because they have Frames and aren't unibodys.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

jeffreylyon

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Trucks are truck because they have Frames and aren't unibodys.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
Not that I care, but that's completely fabricated. Show me an auto industry source that says that a truck has to be body on frame. That's like saying trucks are trucks because they have north/south engine placement or have live rear axels. For sure body on frame can be tougher but there's no inherit reason a Ranger or Tacoma would be any less capable or tough if it were based on a unibody.

I've got both - the Honda does what it's supposed to do better than my F-150 and my F-150 does it what it's supposed to do better than the Honda. The Honda is better for what lots of people need; something that'll move lots of boxes from Ikea or flowers and potting soil from Lowes comfortably and it's absolutely perfect for my wife. The F-150 is better for towing my race car or 750# of mulch. Different tools, both trucks.

Last edited:

jeffreylyon

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
In fact, Car and Driver said that the unibody Ridgeline is the best midsized truck for 2019. I still prefer my F-150 for grunt work, but not because it has a frame.

RubenZZZ

1000 Post Club
Technically pre G-body El Caminos had full frames. And v8s.

I sometimes need a truck. An early Elco fits the bill nicely.

And the Ridgeline is the perfect truck for most people that don't need a tow rig. Let's be real: most trucks are used for home Depot runs and to move a couch.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
The Ridgeline is a truck and it's a perfect truck for the majority. I use to think the same way, and I was wrong it's a great truck.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk