Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

2860 install

In fact, I'm not going to comment on the fiesta combustion chamber, and how efficient and quickly it burns a charge, because Im sure it is efficient and cutting edge. But I really don't know how it reacts to file changes. Someone else tunes my car. But I would expect massive, absurd egt rises from.lambda like that on an older head. Say an older Porsche or Audi/vw for sure. I know because I've seen it personally.

Last edited:

dhminer

2000 Post Club
Wow. I find that shocking he has it that rich on gasoline. I have dizzy tuning and my car is afr curve is nothing like that. Probably 11.8, 11.6 or there abouts is the richest commanded afr, and I don't see actual much different. That's like serious power robbing rich. I'm not an efi expert, but that's seems unreasonable to me. I sent Jason an email hoping he could enlighten my narrow thinking mind.
I’m not done tuning so I’m sure it won’t stay that way, mind you.

Btw, lambda and thermal efficiencys relationship is not linear. The loses between say 11.5 and 11.0 are not insignificant. But for example 10.0 to 9.5 is even worse. Im not an engineer I can't explain why. But it is so....

An engine at 9.xx doesn't even sound right ....

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Btw, lambda and thermal efficiencys relationship is not linear. The loses between say 11.5 and 11.0 are not insignificant. In not an engineer I can't explain why. But it is so....

An engine at 9.xx doesn't even sound right ....
I figured with the way you flap your gums that you could explain it better* Alex at Stratified is my tuner and told me why in an email which i am searching for currently.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

I figured with the way you flap your gums that you could explain it better* Alex at Stratified is my tuner and told me why in an email which i am searching for currently.

Says Mr. 9000 posts....

Love to see the explanation to learn why. But in my experience that beyond even what someone might run as a band aid to cover up other issues in the hardware or tune.....

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Says Mr. 9000 posts....

Love to see the explanation to learn why. But in my experience that beyond even what someone might run as a band aid to cover up other issues in the hardware or tune.....
Running Rich allows more spark advance for better combustion efficiency and higher Hp according to Alex*

Last edited:
Running Rich allows more spark advance for better combustion efficiency and higher Hp according to Alex*

Lol. sadboi even put the asterik. That's all you have to quote? Nowhere does that generic quote mention running ridiculous lambda. It mentios a generic, well understood concept in the simplest of terms. Some lambda controllers aren't even scaled to output under a 10.0 afr. The reason being; yourr off the reservation if your under that.... So far that precision monitoring isn't even needed anymore.

I'm not going to participate anymore. That post might be the second stupidest thing I've seen on here.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Lol. sadboi even put the asterik. That's all you have to quote? Nowhere does that generic quote mention running ridiculous lambda. It mentios a generic, well understood concept in the simplest of terms. Some lambda controllers aren't even scaled to output under a 10.0 afr. The reason being; yourr off the reservation if your under that....

I'm not going to participate anymore. That post might be the second stupidest thing I've seen on here.
Alrighty pal...

Last edited:
Clever meme sadboi. You totally rock the internet. I hope the library of Congress has documented your 9xxx posts of, unique, insightful, modern american wit. Where is the asterik btw?

Have a good evening*

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Clever meme sadboi. You totally rock the internet. I hope the library of Congress has documented your 9xxx posts of, unique, insightful, modern american wit. Where is the asterik btw?

Have a good evening*
Na...dawg the internet Rocks me Boi*

Last edited:
Na...dawg the internet Rocks me Boi*

Btw, I'm not going to post Jason@dizzy email reply to sadboi posts. I don't want to shame him. With 9000 posts, this forum is obviously a serious part of his social life*

But Jason didn't like the idea of people spreading rumors that he calibrates cars like this. I mean, a tuners reputation is everything.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Btw, I'm not going to post Jason@dizzy email reply to sadboi posts. I don't want to shame him. With 9000 posts, this forum is obviously a serious part of his social life*

But Jason didn't like the idea of people spreading rumors that he calibrates cars like this. I mean, a tuners reputation is everything.
Every tuner I've had is different* BTW some better than others. All have their own ways and trickery to get more power. Some tuners dislike certain Types of gas ....while others have had no issues with the brand. But hey....You do you. And I'll do me.

Last edited:
Every tuner I've had is different* BTW some better than others. All have their own ways and trickery to get more power. Some tuners dislike certain Types of gas ....while others have had no issues with the brand. But hey....You do you. And I'll do me.

This isn't a subjective e thing where everyone gets an opinion. you do you doesn't apply. You are categorically 100% wrong*

No tuner is purposely calibrating cars like that. Any car. None zero. And lambda is lambda. Be it ehtanol, methanol, propane or gasoline, they all fall in the same scale from a sensor. As it's a measure of unburnt apsects of fuel. So even fuels you would run at that afr are still nowhere near the actual lambda of a 9.xx gasoline afr. This is why most people with a technical background in things like this will communicate in lambda instead of afr. So like I said, there is absolutely no scenario where even a misunderstanding could make you right. You can put an asterisk on it. You can post some lame meme. You can make 9000 posts of regurgitating nonsense you read on the internet. But nobody calibrates a car like that. You made a post trying to insult me, setting this off. You doubled and tripled down on absolute nonsense. You have zero idea about what you're talking about. Zero. Maybe stick to technical discussions on rear motor mounts and aem intakes. You're a complete clown*

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
This isn't an objective thing where everyone gets an opinion. you do you doesn't apply. You are categorically 100% wrong*

No tuner is purposely calibrating cars like that. Any car. None zero. And lambda is lambda. Be it ehtanol, methanol, propane or gasoline, they all fall in the same scale from a sensor. As it's a measure of unburnt apsects of fuel. So even fuels you would run at that afr are still nowhere near the actual lambda of a 9.xx gasoline afr. This is why most people with a technical background in things like this will communicate in lambda instead of afr. So like I said, there is absolutely no scenario where even a misunderstanding could make you right. You can put an asterisk on it. You can post some lame meme. You can make 9000 posts of regurgitating nonsense you read on the internet. But nobody calibrates a car like that. You made a post trying to insult me, setting this off. You doubled and tripled down on absolute nonsense. You have zero idea about what you're talking about. Zero. Maybe stick to technical discussions on rear motor mounts and aem intakes. You're a complete clown*
Na....mate....you go tune a Car to run leaner under boost to make more power....see where that gets you. Most likely with a new lawn ornament. I've seen your kind before....you all come and go just like the seasons. Good luck out there.....Its your world! I just live in it!

Last edited:
OP
SpiceyorangeST
Thread Starter #195

I would just like to add that I've been totally happy with Jason and his tunes and I don't know anything about what goes in to building a custom tune and reviving this thread was simply to ask if others had anything similar happen with boost falling off immediately when shifting into higher gears. Not hating on Jason and even tho it's in previous posts I feel like I shouldnt be naming names like that from now on.

This was a great thread to read. The entertainment value at the end was fiire. Now after I remove the coffee that exited the wrong orifice I'll be able to move forward with the day. Screenshot_20220424-085903_Meme Generator.jpg