Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

2860 install

OP
SpiceyorangeST
Thread Starter #161
UPDATE
I am on my fourth revision, (rev. d) and things are great. Car runs great and pulls strong once I hit around 4000 rpm it really takes off. At this point I'm hitting around 26-28 psi. The only issue I'm having, which has nothing to do with the tune, is that the nylon cap I'm using to cap off the bov port that is on the atp hot side pipe keeps tearing from the boost build up Snapchat-1273642287.jpg
I found a silicone cap that is supposed to hold 5 bar so hopefully that will hold or I'll have to weld it.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
WHY I put an expander plug in the factory pipe symposer outlet, and THEN put a Sure (same as Ron's whoosh product, but he did not offer them way back then) thick silicone cover delete OVER that (yup, even on just factory snail/boost). [wink]

Last edited:

dhminer

2000 Post Club
I ordered a 1” plug from ATP alongside the turbo kit and used it with a short piece of 1” silicone to block that port. I have an extra one you can have, would just need to trim that 1” elbow that ATP provided. Works like a charm. Pic below. There are hose clamps on there now of course lol.

1017A009-99C0-4113-9085-D73A960FFFD2.jpeg
85D1E76B-F421-4EBB-9942-1C13D19358ED.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
SpiceyorangeST
Thread Starter #165
I'll let you know how the silicone cap that I ordered goes. I blew out another nylon one last night so I doubled it up and that seems to be holding for now. Def find myself trying to race more people now lol

OP
SpiceyorangeST
Thread Starter #166
Well since it's getting to be spring now I've gotten the car out and have been doing some driving. Got a question for the other guys with the 2860, I know people say it's overkill and spools later than others and I definitely notice the lag even with a tubular manifold. But one thing that's really starting to bug me is when I'm going full throttle shifting from 3-4 and 4-5, my rpms seem to drop very fast and I fall out of boost almost instantly upon shifting. I'm wondering if that's just the way this turbo is or if this is something that can be tuned out.

Mike King

U.S. Air Force Veteran
IIRC, Mountune has a bolt locking kit, because they had an issue with their turbine flange bolts backing out. Me, since I've been dealing with aviation safety wire for the last 40 years, I'd drill the bolts and safety wire them. I had a 2860 on mine and I just made sure the bolts were tight prior to installing it.
Safety wire brings back memories.

OP
SpiceyorangeST
Thread Starter #173
I'm on my second revision for E30 and he sent me another one but I'm worried he took some timing out of it because I was spinning up top of 3rd gear so I haven't loaded it yet. I haven't mentioned this boost issue yet to him

Mine is rich af for this reason using dizzy. What tune revision are you? I’m on E and maybe have one more to go, but down at 9.xx afr down low to spool it fast
Stoich with pump e85(e65 to e75) is usually about 9.5 to 10.2. I know you have a blend, which would raise that a bit more, but that's not particularly rich for ethanol at all. That probably in the power sweet spot. Not rich.

I don't know how he does his ethanol, or much about accesport tables, but I'd imagine he is using fuel weight/gravity for e85 adjustment....

dhminer

2000 Post Club
Stoich with pump e85(e65 to e75) is usually about 9.5 to 10.2. I know you have a blend, which would raise that a bit more, but that's not particularly rich for ethanol at all. That probably in the power sweet spot. Not rich.

I don't know how he does his ethanol, or much about accesport tables, but I'd imagine he is using fuel weight/gravity for e85 adjustment....
I’m on 93, no ethanol for me. I’m on tune revision E. Just the way Jason annotated them as E is revision 5

I’m on 93, no ethanol for me. I’m on tune revision E. Just the way Jason annotated them as E is revision 5
Wow. I find that shocking he has it that rich on gasoline. I have dizzy tuning and my car is afr curve is nothing like that. Probably 11.8, 11.6 or there abouts is the richest commanded afr, and I don't see actual much different. That's like serious power robbing rich. I'm not an efi expert, but that's seems unreasonable to me. I sent Jason an email hoping he could enlighten my narrow thinking mind.

Last edited:

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Wow. I find that shocking he has it that rich on gasoline. I have dizzy tuning and my car is afr curve is nothing like that. Probably 11.8, 11.6 or there abouts is the richest commanded afr, and I don't see actual much different. That's like serious power robbing rich. I'm not an efi expert, but that's seems unreasonable to me. I sent Jason an email hoping he could enlighten my narrow thinking mind.
Absolutely NOT true*

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk