Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

2j Racing Cowl Intake - Performance Info

I love the idea of that intake. Problem is, I'm worried about water getting down in there then being sucked up and noise lvl. I know it's a wonderful noise. But I can't for the life of me remember if anyone had any luck with sound deadening. I daily my car rain or shine on a fairly far commute.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
They sell the K&N filter “membrane” which has a nice water repelling coating... I drive mine in the snow and have literally taken it through the high pressure car wash multiple times, no problems so far

I should be getting mine in the next few weeks. Has anyone entertained putting a door seal around the hole cut in the cowl to prevent water access? I’m considering it but also wondering if it is worth the effort.

Erick_V

I should be getting mine in the next few weeks. Has anyone entertained putting a door seal around the hole cut in the cowl to prevent water access? I’m considering it but also wondering if it is worth the effort.
Not sure that would be worth it considering you can see the filter from the top of the cowl. Get one of the air filter socks in case of a downpour, that's what I did when I had a 2J intake

Not sure that would be worth it considering you can see the filter from the top of the cowl. Get one of the air filter socks in case of a downpour, that's what I did when I had a 2J intake
I didn’t even think of that... thanks. I got the socks I think it should be just fine considering no one has seemed to have an issue over the years