Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

2nd set of wheels and tpms ?s

Plainrt

1000 Post Club
Ok I bought a set of wheels for autocross/lapping days and have a few ?s If I remove my stock wheels and run a set of track wheels for weekend and reinstall stockers do I need to re program tpms sensors or will they be fine yet. I thought saw something about every time remove them need reset or something. And last would you waste the money on tpms sensors on the track wheels? I don't care about light but I want to keep this as hassle free as possible.

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
If you are replacing the wheel/tire with another that is missing the sensor then swapping them back you should be fine (I say should because I don't have the car yet but on the Ford Edge I swap tires all the time without the need to reprogram).

Harvick

1000 Post Club
You dont have to do anything. It'll work after you put the stock wheels back on.

The car will only show the tire pressure light, but it should go off when you put the wheels back on. If it doesnt get a tpms tool and put the car in training mode. accessory on off 3 times an on the 3rd time leave it in acc and press the brake and then off the brake and acc off and then acc 3 more times and it should beep.

As said before, when you change wheels to ones with no sensors or new sensors, the light will turn on; when you switch back to the programmed wheels (stock I assume) the light will turn off.

If you get new sensors and program the new wheels then you will need to reprogram when you switch back to stock.

Cheers!