Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

$30 DFJ Short shifter

RubenZZZ

1000 Post Club
Out of stock... I would’ve ordered one for that price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Mcdonald_st
Thread Starter #4
So here’s my full review.
This things awesome! It saved me $80 on a named brand short shifter and is the same thing. It seems to me someone bought a boomba short shifter, copies the design to the exact spec, and manufactures there own. If I owned a CNC shop I would be doing this all day. In fact I’m so happy with it I just ordered a bov adapter for only $18!!!

Anyone else have feedback/recommendations on other Chinese short shifter kits? eg. On ebaymotors I see them from "Bikingboy", "Racingboy", etc.

pixelzombie

So here’s my full review.
This things awesome! It saved me $80 on a named brand short shifter and is the same thing. It seems to me someone bought a boomba short shifter, copies the design to the exact spec, and manufactures there own. If I owned a CNC shop I would be doing this all day. In fact I’m so happy with it I just ordered a bov adapter for only $18!!!

How thorough are the installation instructions?

He has about 20 left in stock as of now, think im going to buy one, will let you know how everything goes and end result.

How does this differ from the Mountune Quick Shift?

Also, if it is a copy of the Boomba design, is there a cheap/similar option to getting the rest of the parts needed to do a whole kit like Boombas? I've read that it's best to do the whole kit rather than just the adapter. Thoughts here? http://www.boombaracing.com/ford-fiesta-st-short-throw-shifter-kit/

RubenZZZ

1000 Post Club
I decided that because I’m still working (essential personnel) I can afford $40 for one. Ordered one off eBay.

RubenZZZ

1000 Post Club
Mine arrived Saturday. I took a look at it and it looked like quality piece. Didn’t have time to install it Sunday, but expect a review soon.

Plainrt

1000 Post Club
Got mine this past weekend. Build quality is excellent and easy to install. It’s just enough to make the already pretty good shifter even better. Money well spent.

RubenZZZ

1000 Post Club
RubenZZZ REVIEWS DFJ SHORT SHIFT ADAPTER!

Finally got around to installing the $39(USD) DFJ Short Shift Adapter. Here are my findings:

1) APPEARANCE: The aluminum pieces looked well-machined and tight fitting. The two halves were anodized (or maybe powder coated?) black. Definitely did not look or feel cheaply manufactured.

2) The included hardware looked decent. Don’t expect Grade 8 stainless hardware, but I didn’t receive any questionable-looking fasteners. The Allen-head sockets didn’t strip or deform when tightening.

3) INSTALLATION: took about 45 minutes. I chose to remove my battery and battery tray for additional working room. I also had remove and reinstall the tray when I noticed I had pinned down the ECU connectors under the tray. A few hand tools is all you need.

4) FITMENT: The actual fitment of the adapter was spot on. The two halves fit over the OEM shift arm and relocate the shift cable connection point. This part of the install took 5 minutes or less. I used Loctite for extra security.

5) FUNCTION: After buttoning up everything, I closed the hood and took the car for a spin. I LIKE IT! The shifter takes a slight more effort to engage, but you’re rewarded with a nice positive click. Definitely shorter engagement. I can tell even though I’m running a 6” long Bubble Shift knob. I imagine it’ll be much more noticeable when I run my relatively short ball knob.

6)CONCLUSION: Definitely worth the $40!!! I have been wanting one of these adapter pieces for ever. I couldn’t pull the trigger on a name brand unit when they’re close to $100. I even kept a look out for used pieces when they sell for around $50. $40 for a new adapter is a great deal. It’s functional and will reward you with every shift.

xxiaze

RubenZZZ REVIEWS DFJ SHORT SHIFT ADAPTER!

Finally got around to installing the $39(USD) DFJ Short Shift Adapter. Here are my findings:

1) APPEARANCE: The aluminum pieces looked well-machined and tight fitting. The two halves were anodized (or maybe powder coated?) black. Definitely did not look or feel cheaply manufactured.

2) The included hardware looked decent. Don’t expect Grade 8 stainless hardware, but I didn’t receive any questionable-looking fasteners. The Allen-head sockets didn’t strip or deform when tightening.

3) INSTALLATION: took about 45 minutes. I chose to remove my battery and battery tray for additional working room. I also had remove and reinstall the tray when I noticed I had pinned down the ECU connectors under the tray. A few hand tools is all you need.

4) FITMENT: The actual fitment of the adapter was spot on. The two halves fit over the OEM shift arm and relocate the shift cable connection point. This part of the install took 5 minutes or less. I used Loctite for extra security.

5) FUNCTION: After buttoning up everything, I closed the hood and took the car for a spin. I LIKE IT! The shifter takes a slight more effort to engage, but you’re rewarded with a nice positive click. Definitely shorter engagement. I can tell even though I’m running a 6” long Bubble Shift knob. I imagine it’ll be much more noticeable when I run my relatively short ball knob.

6)CONCLUSION: Definitely worth the $40!!! I have been wanting one of these adapter pieces for ever. I couldn’t pull the trigger on a name brand unit when they’re close to $100. I even kept a look out for used pieces when they sell for around $50. $40 for a new adapter is a great deal. It’s functional and will reward you with every shift.

Thank you so much!