Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

$30 DFJ Short shifter

RubenZZZ

1000 Post Club
How does this differ from the Mountune Quick Shift?

Also, if it is a copy of the Boomba design, is there a cheap/similar option to getting the rest of the parts needed to do a whole kit like Boombas? I've read that it's best to do the whole kit rather than just the adapter. Thoughts here? http://www.boombaracing.com/ford-fiesta-st-short-throw-shifter-kit/
1) same concept, different design. They both attach to the shifter arm and relocate the linkage point.

2) I am not aware of a budget replica piece for the shifter itself. If you want the whole package, you got to pay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5) FUNCTION: After buttoning up everything, I closed the hood and took the car for a spin. I LIKE IT! The shifter takes a slight more effort to engage, but you’re rewarded with a nice positive click. Definitely shorter engagement. I can tell even though I’m running a 6” long Bubble Shift knob. I imagine it’ll be much more noticeable when I run my relatively short ball knob.

6)CONCLUSION: Definitely worth the $40!!! I have been wanting one of these adapter pieces for ever. I couldn’t pull the trigger on a name brand unit when they’re close to $100. I even kept a look out for used pieces when they sell for around $50. $40 for a new adapter is a great deal. It’s functional and will reward you with every shift.
Thanks for writing your review. I think I'll buy one in a bit. Something I'm wondering, If you care about quick shifts/engagement, why are you running a 6" knob? :)