Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

30% Vs 50% Injectors with upgraded HPFP

SM_Dan

Active Duty U.S. Navy
Hey everyone,

I couldn’t find an answer so here’s my question,

Is there any downside to running xdi 50% injectors (or any for that matter) while not using them to their full potential? Ie, is there such thing as too much injector for the engine/pump, that it could be a negative?

For context,
The goal is to make 330-350whp, my understanding is 30% Bosch injectors and e30 will get you there, or close, (I’m on an S280), but the cost to get the 50% injectors is only 300 hundred bucks more than the 30% injectors when purchased with the pump from tune+, these larger injectors will easily meet any future requirements I could imagine and support full e85.

I don't have much experience tuning on newer setups with these more sophisticated computers, but in the old days the timing tables would allow more timing with lower inj. duty cycles. More headroom was def better. If there are no drivability issues I would think more injector would be better? More room to grow.

If you have the $ means there isn't any reason not to go with the bigger, unless you don't ever plan on utilizing them. I haven't seen anyone complaining about tuning issues with them. Back in the day it was a way bigger issue because engine management, and physical design/limitations on control would not be able to tune in a useable pulse width. Spray pattern concerns are pretty much non existent on these bosch di injectors.