Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

5 Year Challenge "Fiesta ST Style"

I didn't start taking pictures of my cars until I got my FiST, so...

5 years ago (same color and hubs):

Now:

20190415_064124.jpg

Guess I should be grateful for Ford's awful dual-clutch automatics or else I would still have the SFE today. The tranny was the only issue I had with it. Went looking for new manual SEs and found slightly used STs for the same price... no brainer, really.

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
It was as close as you could get before going right to the S3. It's an A3 with the S-Line package in 18" rim option. Had 220hp instead of the 180 from the 1.8 litre. Named it Juno. My dad and I shared it till I turned 17 and then it was mine till the lease was up. That was my first car.

OP
MKVIIST

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Thread Starter #66
It was as close as you could get before going right to the S3. It's an A3 with the S-Line package in 18" rim option. Had 220hp instead of the 180 from the 1.8 litre. Named it Juno. My dad and I shared it till I turned 17 and then it was mine till the lease was up. That was my first car.
It's a really good looking A3, I had an S3 for awhile before I purchased my Focus RS.

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
It's a really good looking A3, I had an S3 for awhile before I purchased my Focus RS.
Thank you! I tried my best to take care of it. I would have modified it too but since it was a lease I didn't really see the point. I'm happy I stared modding on the Fist though, it's probably an easier place to start than something German. How do you like your FoRS? My dad had one too. I was a bigger fan of it than he was, but it's still a great car. Whenever he would go out of town I would secretly take it for a spin every now and then 🤣

OP
MKVIIST

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Thread Starter #68
Thank you! I tried my best to take care of it. I would have modified it too but since it was a lease I didn't really see the point. I'm happy I stared modding on the Fist though, it's probably an easier place to start than something German. How do you like your FoRS? My dad had one too. I was a bigger fan of it than he was, but it's still a great car. Whenever he would go out of town I would secretly take it for a spin every now and then 🤣
I still love the FoRS, very fun car but I may be looking to replace it with an SUV at some point.

I didn't start taking pictures of my cars until I got my FiST, so...

5 years ago (same color and hubs):

Now:

View attachment 28361

Guess I should be grateful for Ford's awful dual-clutch automatics or else I would still have the SFE today. The tranny was the only issue I had with it. Went looking for new manual SEs and found slightly used STs for the same price... no brainer, really.
I always liked the 1.0 ecoboost, although I never bought one. I’d tried it out in the focus when they offered it with a stick, but it was just too big of a car for the motor. Always imagined it would be great in the fiesta if paired with a stick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Five years ago, I was driving a 2002 Mustang GT. I worked for a Mustang magazine, and this car was a test mule, so it had several mods. It was blown, had a cage, race suspension, race brakes, etc. It got to the point that's just over the edge of what a reasonable street-driven car should be. I loved it, but it really wasn't too much fun to drive unless you were at Willow Springs or a drag strip.

When the FIST became available in the U.S., I took one for a test drive, and really liked it. Plus, I was watching Top Gear, with Richard Hammond telling everyone how great the FIST was. I was starting to lean toward selling the Mustang when my wife said "You know, I really don't like that car, and I don't want to ride in it anymore." I took her to a Ford dealer, put her in a FIST, and we went for a test drive. She loved it. She said "This thing goes around corners just as well as your Mustang, just without all of the squealing tires!"

I sold the Mustang and bought the FIST. I figured I'd drive it for a while, until I got the urge to build another muscle car. It's the first non-V8, non-RWD car I've ever owned. But, five years later, I still love it and have no plans to sell it.

My poor Mustang... I sold it to an 18 year old kid, which was probably a huge mistake. Six months later, I got a notice from a salvage yard, saying that my totaled vehicle was being auctioned for storage fees. Apparently the kid never registered it in his name, so the notice came to me, and apparently he wrecked it. I never went to look at it, I just didn't want to see how bad it looked.

19134_100472179984490_4578023_n.jpg
10527444_780966195268415_4642554025291027720_n.jpg

CarGuy

1000 Post Club
The top part of the title you are supposed to send the the Cali DMV for just that reason. It releases you from liability in case the new owner never registers the car. D-OH!

Yup. I was never liable for the car after the sale. But, since I was the last registered owner of record, I got the salvage auction notice.

Prior to that, I was also receiving his toll road violation notices. I work near the toll road office, so I had them confirm that they weren't still dinging my toll account. But, it gave me an idea of his level of responsibility. So, it wasn't a big surprise to find out he wrecked the car.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
I am so so sorry. I wouldn’t wish a ford crossover on my worst enemies.
Maybe when get to be as old as I am, you may see things differently.
As I don't need a car much anymore, it is actually my wife's car and she loves it.
I just get to kick back and she drives me around.
Besides when I do get to drive it, with the 2.0L EcoBoost (same as FoST) it is darn near as quick as a stock FiST.
It does surprise a lot of others squirting up a freeway onramp.
I do admit that it doesn't handle as well.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Nope I will not see things differently. The 2020 model looks so much better.

If you are happy that's all that matters.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Nope I will not see things differently. The 2020 model looks so much better.

If you are happy that's all that matters.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk
That is the truth, everyone has an opinion but in this regard only your opinion as an owner matters. Still, if I had to pick a crossover I’d be giving the Telluride a hard look, and if I needed something smaller I’d probably be looking at either a CX-5 turbo, or turbo diesel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk