Welcome to the #1 Focus RS Forum and Focus RS community dedicated to Focus RS owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Focus RS Forum today!

$50 off Fiesta ST V1 & V3 intercoolers

Trader history for ron@whoosh (0)

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
from FB

Too early for Black Friday SALES?
Call it what you want but we just reduced select Fiesta and Focus intercoolers by $50

Use code SUPEREARLY50 to save $50 on V1 & V3 Fiesta intercoolers + V2 Focus intercoolers
SALE starts NOW through tomorrow at midnight (10/18/2020)
*not all colors / options included in the SALE
Links to intercoolers included in the SALE:
https://whoosh-motorsports.myshopify.com/.../2014-fiesta...

https://whoosh-motorsports.myshopify.com/.../2014-fiesta...

https://whoosh-motorsports.myshopify.com/.../2013-whoosh...

Sweet!

So which Whoosh hot side pipe? The long one or short one?
I think Ron and I exchanged emails on this a while ago, but I may have accidently deleted it - I think he recommended the shorter one IIRC.

-- The longer seems like it's deleting a rubber/silicone connection, thus eliminating a least one potential failure point of a hose popping off.
-- Conversely, using the shorter one seems like if there's any movement, the extra rubber/silicone hose would better absorb any shifts in the piping.

Thoughts?

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #4
Sweet!

So which Whoosh hot side pipe? The long one or short one?
I think Ron and I exchanged emails on this a while ago, but I may have accidently deleted it - I think he recommended the shorter one IIRC.

-- The longer seems like it's deleting a rubber/silicone connection, thus eliminating a least one potential failure point of a hose popping off.
-- Conversely, using the shorter one seems like if there's any movement, the extra rubber/silicone hose would better absorb any shifts in the piping.

Thoughts?
this is really just a choice
no power difference
We suggest the short style since it's FREE when you purchase one of our boost hose kits

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #6
For a complete noob to the FiST, in a nutshell,what is the difference between V1 iand V3?
core size, core efficiency, and end tank internal size are advantages the V3 has over the V1
also factory applied baked on heat coatings on the V3 vs spray paint on the V1
all for $100 more

4sfed4

Thank you Ron.

The V3 requires no cutting/modding of the bumper cover etc to fit to boot!!???

Last edited:
Thank you Ron.

The V3 requires no cutting/modding of the bumper cover etc to fit to boot!!???
It fits without any cutting, but it’s a tight squeeze. I didn’t re-install my center splash guard bracket - there was no way that was going back on.

I may shave some of my inner-bumper to eliminate the (very minimal) increase in my hood/bumper gap.

YMMV.

Se7eN

It fits without any cutting, but it’s a tight squeeze. I didn’t re-install my center splash guard bracket - there was no way that was going back on.

I may shave some of my inner-bumper to eliminate the (very minimal) increase in my hood/bumper gap.

YMMV.
That tends to be the norm with bigger intercoolers regardless of brand. That center spash guard bracket will only go on is you shave some of it.