Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

5mm spacers

Anybody else running these? Was back and forth on mod plans finally decided at least near term no aftermarket wheels. Stock wheels are crying out for spacers. Could probably go 10mm for very near flush but will have liner and possibly lip contact and what effect on torque steer?

From a thread on here member stated that studs in H&R kit were same length as stock so went with ebay ones no studs and half the $$: https://www.ebay.com/itm/192273466766. Probably China sourced but decent quality, raw aluminum or at most clear anodized, think the H&R ones are grey hard anodized.

Will probably want studs or extended thread nuts, 7 turns at rear, only 6 at front, 8 is safe minimum. Only 2 threads short, can probably make ET nuts work with light reaming of bolt holes or may have identified a Dorman stud part number that will work, ARPs are overkill. I've been getting away with it, rechecking torque every couple days, living on the edge.

How much difference can 10mm (5+5) make?

Appearance change is subtle but slightly more aggressive. Torque steer may actually be lessened, at very least not worse. May even rotate better, only installed for a couple days but seems like it gets crossed up more easily lately. Only downside aside from lug length is you lose hub centering, no way to make a 5mm spacer with extended spigot, but I've had it up to 100 mph with no apparent vibration so looks like non issue.

Attachments

Last edited:

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
Edited.....I'm running 5mm with stock bolts. You get 6 or 7 turns, vice 8 or 9. My wheels are 6.5" narrow w/49mm offset Contour SVT's.

Last edited:

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
I'm running 5mm eBay spacers but using extended studs from the 10mm H&R kit. Had them over 120mph, no issues.

OP
G
Thread Starter #4
I'm running 5mm eBay spacers but using extended studs from the 10mm H&R kit.
Didn't happen to try both 5 and 10mm? These work so well I'm trying to resist more is better.

Mikey456

I’m running the 5.mm spacers in just the back. When I lowered the car the rear wheels tucked in too much IMO. It’s not flush but it looks better. It also increased the trak and the car does not 3 wheel as easily.

2017 Ford Fiesta ST, Shadow Black, Recaro seats, Mountune RMM, Swift springs, 5mm rear spacers, Falken 615+ tires

I run 25mm front and 20mm rear to clear my BBK. Also on whiteline springs. Don’t stack spacers, buy quality and use extended studs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mikey456

I run 25mm front and 20mm rear to clear my BBK. Also on whiteline springs. Don’t stack spacers, buy quality and use extended studs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Those wheels look great on your black car. What brand/size are those?

2017 Ford Fiesta ST, Shadow Black, Recaro seats, Mountune RMM, Swift springs, 5mm rear spacers, Falken 615+ tires

CarGuy

1000 Post Club
Those wheels look great on your black car. What brand/size are those?

They look like SVT Focus EAP wheels. EAP is European Appearance Package.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

rallytaff

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I have 15mm H & R spacers on my car with extended studs on H & R coil overs (lowered). Stock size BRAID wheels with no rubbing at all.

OP
G
Thread Starter #14
Extended thread nuts FTW: https://www.ebay.com/itm/123236863846

Factory wheel bolt holes measure 0.620. A bit of internet research found these, lowest price on ebay, ~ $18 shipped. Pics look good, engineering drawing shows OD of shank at 0.612, at this price point definitely Chinese manufactured but worth a try. Parts arrive, surface finish and plating look good, shank diameters measure 0.612 - 0.615, should be min. 0.005 clearance, cutting it kinda close. Install with zero issues, no clearancing required, now 10 turns up front 11 at rear.

Verdict: anyone running spacers without longer studs needs these, at < $20 no excuse. Should work for any aftermarket wheel as well, just need to verify bolt hole diameter.

Attachments

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
Okay, sounds good; however, the true test is after summer to winter back to summer changes plus rotations. How well will the threads hold up after that. That's what I would like to know.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

OP
G
Thread Starter #16
the true test is after summer to winter back to summer changes plus rotations. How well will the threads hold up after that.
Material is specced as forged Chromoly, threads should be fine, how well plating holds up is more my concern.

OP
G
Thread Starter #17
Update: concern warranted, after maybe half dozen wheel installs plating on the cheap eBay nuts is starting to flake. Nuts themselves are fine, chrome just isn't holding up. Anyone doing this needs to try another vendor.