Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

6'3 250 Pounds, will this be a deal breaker?

ordy

What's up fellas, looking to purchase a FiST within the next week or so...

Will being 6'3 250 Lbs be a deal breaker on purchasing the car? Owned a focus ST for two years prior and absolutely loved it...

Really want to get into one of these fiestas, thanks a lot for the feedback

Not much different than the focus position wise. Actually a bit more headroom, as the car is a bit taller.

I fit fine, and am the same dimensions as you. I will say, end up sitting a bit closer to the dash than in other cars to have a good interaction with the shifter.

Also, focus is about 3 inches wider, so with my wife it's a "who gets the armrest' thing. But perfectly fine for me when used as a daily driver.

LostInTransit

U.S. Coast Guard Veteran
Depends on your body structure. If you're like me, I would never be able to fit into a Focus or a Fiesta. Fortunately the Transit Connect fit the bill.

Edit:

One thing I neglected to mention is that even though the Connect suits the wife and I, I did have to make some minor changes to the seats. We added 50mm skateboard wheels at the seat frame back rail. This lifted up the seats 50mm which makes the seating area more level instead of tilted back. Plus and this is critical.. remove the foot rest. Just pull back the carpeting, and snip the two plastic tabs holding the foam blob in place.

Last edited:

dhminer

2000 Post Club
I don’t fit in the recaros and I’m smaller than you. I’d avoid them. The base seats have a better seating position also. You’ll be fine with them.

rallytaff

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Nearly the same stats as you, but I have to bring the seat forward about 3" to be in a comfortable driving position. Plenty of room.

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
I'm 6 ft tall, 166 lb, and the Recaros fit me great, I love them. I have thought that if I was much bigger they would be too tight, but I have read reports from much bigger guys saying that they fit them just fine. It's just a real individual thing.

6'1", about 195(ish) and fairly broad shouldered. Recaros are great for about and hour or two, after that, they feel a bit overly snug and confining and they aren't particularly well padded. Since you are throwing the equivalent of a couple good sized bags of taters in over me, I'd say don't even consider a Recaro car. Other than that, the car feels positively spacious to me, but the last two "fun cars" were Miatas, so what do I know about spacious.

I think you'll be fine. My buddy is 6'4"-ish and still has decent headroom in the driver and passenger seats. The ONLY downsides I could see are 1. visibility with an upper windshield banner/tint and 2. space for passengers in the rear seats lol.

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
For additional info, I have had both base seats and Sparco Chrono seats, 6'3" and my head doesn't hit the ceiling with a helmet on.

I'm 5'10 inches and 150 lbs. and also don't like the Recaro's. Perhaps if I were Autocrossing my ST I could learn to tolerate them but I'm just to old to spend good money on abusing a car I am quite fond of. There is also the time required, I shoot 4 gun Skeet and that takes up most of my free time on the weekends. Anyhow I find the plain old original seats to fit me just fine and have plenty of head room. The biggest issue is that 250 lbs, you may find it a bit tight between the door and center armrest. It all depends on whether you are a muscled up fellow with a 6 pack you'll fit just fine, if your not totally ripped then a test fit would be advisable.

I'm 6'5" and I fit well. Getting a car without a moon roof might leave more room above your head.

The previous owner my the car removed the plastic supporting the seat bolsters and I think that makes things more comfortable for those for whom the seats are a bit tight.

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
With the height adjustment in the stock seats, no. You'll have plenty of room.
Just FYI the Recaro seats also have a height adjustment, at least for the driver. I'm 6 ft tall and I've got it raised up a decent amount and there is still plenty of room between my head and the roof.