Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

About to pull the trigger. Wondering what everyone has been paying.

Rivy

Just checked and that car is listed at $19,300 on internet pricing, thats after thr Ford 3k rebate .
I highly doubt they are knocking off another 5k in SoCal. I have watched California prices for two years now and no one has ever sold a base ST that cheap in California.
grodyst.jpg

Like I said, the deal is probably gone already, but that picture was from yesterday. Also, I got my new 2017 for $18,8 out the door last year. Just over $17k price for the car.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
View attachment 17402

Like I said, the deal is probably gone already, but that picture was from yesterday. Also, I got my new 2017 for $18,8 out the door last year. Just over $17k price for the car.
I can guarantee thats a teaser ad with all possible discounts tacked on. If you went to the dealer you would find out you do not qualify for all the discounts.
These things depend on how many discounts one qualifies for, you rpobably qualified for a few discounrs your not mentioning like first responer etc.. not everyone can get those discounts.

Also on your price yes if you quailfied for a few things beside the Ford 3k rebate your price makes sense but like i just said its an exception not the norm.

Rivy

I can guarantee thats a teaser ad with all possible discounts tacked on. If you went to the dealer you would find out you do not qualify for all the discounts.
These things depend on how many discounts one qualifies for, you rpobably qualified for a few discounrs your not mentioning like first responer etc.. not everyone can get those discounts.

Also on your price yes if you quailfied for a few things beside the Ford 3k rebate your price makes sense but like i just said its an exception not the norm.
My buddy went to the dealer yesterday and drove the car. The offer was real, he almost bought it, but ended up not since he has a 2014 that is paid off. However, since you guarantee it's a teaser, you must be right. ;)

Dpro

6000 Post Club
My buddy went to the dealer yesterday and drove the car. The offer was real, he almost bought it, but ended up not since he has a 2014 that is paid off. However, since you guarantee it's a teaser, you must be right. ;)
Look until someone produces papaerwork showing they actually got the car for the advertised price you cannot prove they would get it for that price. Dealers are notorious for reeling people in on stuff like that and by the time you reach the deal they have tacked on 2-3k.
I am calling it out based on that fact. Never trust a dealer until they had you a printed out sheet with the best price they are willing to do. Advertisements, test drives, salesman talking means nothing till you have the paper in hand.

Rivy

Look until someone produces papaerwork showing they actually got the car for the advertised price you cannot prove they would get it for that price. Dealers are notorious for reeling people in on stuff like that and by the time you reach the deal they have tacked on 2-3k.
I am calling it out based on that fact. Never trust a dealer until they had you a printed out sheet with the best price they are willing to do. Advertisements, test drives, salesman talking means nothing till you have the paper in hand.
My buddy is at the dealer right now, changed his mind and decided to jump on it. $14,977; $16,700 out the door, he's signing the papers as I type, but no I'm not going to ask him for them or post them online. I am not concerned with proving it. Ken Grody Ford in San Diego.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
My buddy is at the dealer right now, changed his mind and decided to jump on it. $14,977; $16,700 out the door, he's signing the papers as I type, but no I'm not going to ask him for them or post them online. I am not concerned with proving it. Ken Grody Ford in San Diego.
Then you know what I call BS on your statement. The fact that you want ask him to post it proves you are just talking. P.S. Ken Grody Ford is Carlsbad not San Diego lol. The other Ken Grody is in Buena Park in Orange County neither are San Deigo .

Oh and don’t bother replying unless you can post the paperwork with the price.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
So my state does not have sales tax, so if "OTD" doesn't include title/plate/tag fees, I got my '17 magnetic w/only black wheel/red caliper for $18250 about 6 weeks ago, $1250-ish dealer discount on top of 3k rebate... and not to jump in on the other argument, but sometimes people are lucky and grab the ONE offered at a special price, maybe they qualified for the preferred lender, whatever it takes to get in a state that does have tax, but still $16,700 out the door is good, period... Carlsbad is indeed San Diego *county* but the EXACT looking car as above is showing a full $3000 more now ($17,977) on the WEB SITE, which sounds about right: Has only black wheel/red caliper option, a good deal at $18k... I refused to let it have my location, but that's what it is says when not allowing them to have your location, Cali residents may have additional lender offers to make up for tax too.

Rivy

Then you know what I call BS on your statement. The fact that you want ask him to post it proves you are just talking. P.S. Ken Grody Ford is Carlsbad not San Diego lol. The other Ken Grody is in Buena Park in Orange County neither are San Deigo .

Oh and don’t bother replying unless you can post the paperwork with the price.
[bigcry] [bigcry] [bigcry] [bigcry]

IMG_2490.png

Carlsbad IS San Diego, lol. I don't know why I even bother with this...

Rivy

So my state does not have sales tax, so if "OTD" doesn't include title/plate/tag fees, I got my '17 magnetic w/only black wheel/red caliper for $18250 about 6 weeks ago, $1250-ish dealer discount on top of 3k rebate... and not to jump in on the other argument, but sometimes people are lucky and grab the ONE offered at a special price, maybe they qualified for the preferred lender, whatever it takes to get in a state that does have tax, but still $16,700 out the door is good, period... Carlsbad is indeed San Diego *county* but the EXACT looking car as above is showing a full $3000 more now ($17,977) on the WEB SITE, which sounds about right: Has only black wheel/red caliper option, a good deal at $18k... I refused to let it have my location, but that's what it is says when not allowing them to have your location, Cali residents may have additional lender offers to make up for tax too.
Yeah sounds like the price you're seeing is the dealer discount and then after the $3000 Ford rebate you get the $14,977 price. Unfortunately this one is now gone, glad it's going to be in the family though, so to speak. :)

danbfree

3000 Post Club
I said special order due to being ordered from the factory vs. from a dealer lot. I specifically have it set up to deliver in November since I am overseas for the next 6 months so I really wasnt in a huge hurry. In my area it was really hard to find a base model. Any models that were on the dealer lot were optioned out to the $25k range. Plus I wanted base and Magnetic. Wanted red calipers but not the black wheels so thats my only disappointment
Then buy your own wheels as they come in a package with the calipers... AND it's worth it as you can get now instead of waiting for an '18 special order that you are paying $1500 more for literally just rear camera ($1000 less rebate plus about $500 higher cost)... so quit being so picky with these deals, the black wheels look pretty good or use that saving towards some other wheels and have a spare set in that semi-rare size ;)

But since you are overseas anyway, just get an '18 at a good deal when you get back, they will trying to clear them out then.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Yeah sounds like the price you're seeing is the dealer discount and then after the $3000 Ford rebate you get the $14,977 price. Unfortunately this one is now gone, glad it's going to be in the family though, so to speak. :)
Holy tap dancing Jesus, that's a HUGE dealer discount! Basically a double $3000 rebate, AND a decent dealer discount! I'm SUPER jealous! Even with NO tax in my state that's a good $1750 less than I paid for mine!

Rivy

Holy tap dancing Jesus, that's a HUGE dealer discount! Basically a double $3000 rebate, AND a decent dealer discount! I'm SUPER jealous! Even with NO tax in my state that's a good $1750 less than I paid for mine!
Me too. It's a full $2k less than I paid only 5 months ago. I really wanted a base in white and got exactly what I wanted so there is that, but for this price, I would have taken a black with black wheels ALL DAY. Haha. Like you said, some people get lucky and get the ONE that's advertised at a special price, etc.

DEss

[bigcry] [bigcry] [bigcry] [bigcry]

View attachment 17406

Carlsbad IS San Diego, lol. I don't know why I even bother with this...
That's an interesting loan structure. 1 yr until payment 1. 714 basis rate. Unless he can pay it off quickly without prepayment penalty, your buddy got got. I wonder what that dealer would've done if he said 'oh no, I'm paying cash. I got the $16.8k cashier's ck right here.'

OP
S
Thread Starter #296
Wow, sh*t got ugly around here quick ha! He can just simply refi as soon as he has a loan number from Ford or whatever bank they put him with as long as it's a simple interest loan (which it should be).

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Refinance that thing. Mind was 4.75, I made one payment on it refinanced with a credit union down to 2.75

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk
That's a very personal thing, many of us would love that rate, it's not that easy to get your credit better. To me it sounds like you should have just used your credit union to start with. ;) But for OP good friend who bought that, with very nearly a full year to make their first payment, they can use that time to pay down their principal too.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Rivy

Yep, many have mentioned it, but my buddy is headed straight to his credit union as soon as he's got the loan info for a refi. No penalties and he can re-finance it pretty much immediately.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
That's a very personal thing, many of us would love that rate, it's not that easy to get your credit better. To me it sounds like you should have just used your credit union to start with. ;) But for OP good friend who bought that, with very nearly a full year to make their first payment, they can use that time to pay down their principal too.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
I should have you are right it was a Impulse buy, but I fixed it. I just don't like seeing people getting screwed over. Credit Unions give out fantastic rates even if your credit is not that great. My coworker has a loan with 22% interest he got screwed, Credit Union offered to financing for less than 5%.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

OP
S
Thread Starter #300
Just got off the phone with my local dealer. Looks like the $3k rebate on the 17's stayed the same but the rebate on the 18's went up to $2.5k. Looks like I'll be heading down to order an 18 :)