Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

About to pull the trigger. Wondering what everyone has been paying.

OP
S
Thread Starter #341
Thanks man. It's been hard to lay low this long, especially knowing its close to 2018 ordering being shut down. I've been on the fence about molten orange recaros (which this car has), but I think the pricing makes it a no brainer....Now if I could just get them to roll 0% for 60 into the deal.....lol

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Thanks man. It's been hard to lay low this long, especially knowing its close to 2018 ordering being shut down. I've been on the fence about molten orange recaros (which this car has), but I think the pricing makes it a no brainer....Now if I could just get them to roll 0% for 60 into the deal.....lol
What color is the car? My 2018 Orange Spice , Smoke Storm Recaro , Black Wheels order has a build date for the end of May and the price is now $21,600 (now down to 19,600 thanks to a limited time private cash offer).

Last edited:
Hi guys, Im new to the community but I wanted to add to the thread. I picked mine up on the 29th of April, pretty much a base 2017 black with moon roof and navi options MSRP @$23,655 dealer asking $16,900. I searched for 18's as they are generally in that same ball park price range since I wanted the backup cam but they were over 500mi away. I decided the 17 was just as good and preferred the moon roof over the backup cam as I figured I could retro fit one and the 17 was local. Ended up getting the car for $16,200 before taxes. Pretty happy and the car is just so worth it especially at this price point you absolutely will not find anything remotely as fun especially brand new.

BTW the dealer was Art Hill Ford @ Merrillville Indiana.

Attachments

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Hi guys, Im new to the community but I wanted to add to the thread. I picked mine up on the 29th of April, pretty much a base 2017 black with moon roof and navi options MSRP @$23,655 dealer asking $16,900. I searched for 18's as they are generally in that same ball park price range since I wanted the backup cam but they were over 500mi away. I decided the 17 was just as good and preferred the moon roof over the backup cam as I figured I could retro fit one and the 17 was local. Ended up getting the car for $16,200 before taxes. Pretty happy and the car is just so worth it especially at this price point you absolutely will not find anything remotely as fun especially brand new.

Good deal!

danbfree

3000 Post Club

You can add a backup camera with this harness and your choice of camera kit. https://www.4dtech.com/ford-camera-input-harness-for-sync-2-3-8-screen/
You not only saved the extra cost of the car for '18 but also got an extra $500 in rebate, so definitely smart to do it this way instead.

Congrats on the good deal!

You can add a backup camera with this harness and your choice of camera kit. https://www.4dtech.com/ford-camera-input-harness-for-sync-2-3-8-screen/
You not only saved the extra cost of the car for '18 but also got an extra $500 in rebate, so definitely smart to do it this way instead.

Awesome thanks for the link I appreciated. I did not want to post up and ask redundant questions and trying to sift through the upgrade posts. Thank you.

Dpro

6000 Post Club

Rebates are now the same as of may 1st. 2018 rebate is 3k 2017 rebate is 3k.He moat likely saved about 1k
Over getting a 2018 but he also has a years worth more of deprecation in value even though its a new old stock.

Last edited:
What do you guys think of this deal I’m working with a dealer in AZ? Small prob is I’m in New Mexico so I’ve got to factor in a plane ticket and gas driving it back home too.

2017 white platinum FiST with Recaros for $21,500 out the door. Tax, title, dealer fees, everything.

Even already has the windows tinted with 3M 20% which saves me time and money from having to do it back home. Plus no nav, no sunroof, and most importantly, no front plate bracket!!!

I too am a future FiST owner. The answer to your question depends on your situation and the burning in your heart. For the current rebate/incentive your price does indeed sound good. I have decided to watch the pricing, with Ford announcing the end of all cars by 2019 except for the Mustang and Focus hatch, I am thinking the rebates and/or dealer incentives are bound to increase, perhaps a lot. My current car is less than 3 years old and my pay off is decreasing much faster than the car's value, for me that's a big factor. So if you pull the trigger and the rebate goes up a grand or two the next month how will that affect that big grin you get from driving it?

I too am a future FiST owner. The answer to your question depends on your situation and the burning in your heart. For the current rebate/incentive your price does indeed sound good. I have decided to watch the pricing, with Ford announcing the end of all cars by 2019 except for the Mustang and Focus hatch, I am thinking the rebates and/or dealer incentives are bound to increase, perhaps a lot. My current car is less than 3 years old and my pay off is decreasing much faster than the car's value, for me that's a big factor. So if you pull the trigger and the rebate goes up a grand or two the next month how will that affect that big grin you get from driving it?
Meh, the price dropping or rebate increasing isn't really a concern to me. Car prices change day to day, so I'm just looking for the best deal I can get right now. Once I buy I'm not going to keep looking at prices to see "what I could get now", so who cares if the rebate goes up. Just my $.02. This is just a fun/weekend/track car for me so I want to get it for the summer. [cool]

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Meh, the price dropping or rebate increasing isn't really a concern to me. Car prices change day to day, so I'm just looking for the best deal I can get right now. Once I buy I'm not going to keep looking at prices to see "what I could get now", so who cares if the rebate goes up. Just my $.02. This is just a fun/weekend/track car for me so I want to get it for the summer. [cool]
I can relate to this. It’s why I wound up ordering my 2018 exactly how I wanted it. I could not get it that way otherwise as dealers are reducing model stock hard and not ordering new model stock.

Fact is the longer one waits the more likely they will take whats in stock possibly not their first choice in color or seats.

I found a lot of dealers did not want to even order the cars. There is hardly any profit for dealers in these cars.

Did you get your car from Peoria Ford? I went around with them on a 2017 but it had a Sunroof.

I actually wound up ordering from a local Autonation Ford dealer. I also will be pretty much out the door tax and license within a hundred or two of your out the door price.
Congrats again on your deal.

I can relate to this. It’s why I wound up ordering my 2018 exactly how I wanted it. I could not get it that way otherwise as dealers are reducing model stock hard and not ordering new model stock.

Fact is the longer one waits the more likely they will take whats in stock possibly not their first choice in color or seats.

I found a lot of dealers did not want to even order the cars. There is hardly any profit for dealers in these cars.

Did you get your car from Peoria Ford? I went around with them on a 2017 but it had a Sunroof.

I actually wound up ordering from a local Autonation Ford dealer. I also will be pretty much out the door tax and license within a hundred or two of your out the door price.
Congrats again on your deal.
It was Berge Ford in Mesa.

However, I ended going at lunch today to my local dealer and discovered I like beer and pizza too much for the Recaros. [hihi] Stock seats it is! And wouldn't ya know it, my local dealer has exact same configuration I want, just with the stock seats instead of Recaros. Looks like I'll be picking her up this weekend for $18,900 out the door!!! [driving]

Dpro

6000 Post Club

However, I ended going at lunch today to my local dealer and discovered I like beer and pizza too much for the Recaros. [hihi] Stock seats it is! And wouldn't ya know it, my local dealer has exact same configuration I want, just with the stock seats instead of Recaros. Looks like I'll be picking her up this weekend for $18,900 out the door!!! [driving]
Congrats again on a great base price!

Same, the recaros are just too much for a daily driver for me. Car even feels more spacious to me with the normal seats, fortunately for me I also don't like black wheels or use a sunroof - and the apple carplay negated the need for navigation. I couldn't be happier with my base model! [grinking]

$17,130 out the door for a 2018 Magnetic with moon roof. That’s about $15,900 before taxes and tag and all.

$1542 dealer discount
$3500 Ford rebate
$2000 private cash offer
$500 Farm Bureau cash offer

I wasn’t looking for a moon roof, but it kept me from having to go several hours away.

It won’t arrive until a week or 2 though.

Finally retiring my 2000 ZX3 Focus with 419,000 miles (with the original clutch!)

$17,130 out the door for a 2018 Magnetic with moon roof. That’s about $15,900 before taxes and tag and all.

$1542 dealer discount
$3500 Ford rebate
$2000 private cash offer
$500 Farm Bureau cash offer

I wasn’t looking for a moon roof, but it kept me from having to go several hours away.

It won’t arrive until a week or 2 though.

Finally retiring my 2000 ZX3 Focus with 419,000 miles (with the original clutch!)
Wholly crap 419,000k Miles!!! That’s amazing. I’ve seen a lot of them over 200 but nothing ever double that! Congrats!