Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

AccessPORT Update = Recovery Mode??

iso100

1000 Post Club
I just tried to update my car to the v201 maps. It started the process, got about 4% into the process and the car seemed to reboot. Now it only gives me the option to attempt a recovery.

Is my car hosed? I tried calling Cobb but apparently they're closed Mondays!

Below is what I see when I plug my AP into the computer and runn Accessport Manager.

AP3-FOR-001 v1.7.1.1-9879 (RECOVERY)
Serial: FOR0101209 (V2 upgrade serial: 00000)
Vehicle: USDM 2014 Fiesta ST

I tried using the recovery option but it doesn't work.

Have you tried unplugging the Accessport and plugging it back in yet, and starting over? From what I've read on the WRX and FoST forums, this solved everyone's problem.

Edit: Other reports - a few have been from bad or bent pins on the connector, or at least one case of the actual connection on the Accessport going bad, but seems to be very rare. Sucks they're closed! Hope you get it resolved ASAP. Make sure, also, that you've also powered down the car, shut off the climate control, etc.

OP
I

iso100

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #3
I ended up calling Cobb's tech support line (I had been using the wrong number and was calling their normal # which is closed on Sun/Mon).

Turns out the AP likely crashed while generating ECU data and that caused it to become unmarried from my car or otherwise in some form of limbo.

Good news is my car is still tuned and is perfectly fine.

Cobb needs my AP sent to them and they'll be sending it back next day air with a new serial number I believe.

Either way, great tech support!

OP
I

iso100

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #4
Oh, and I mentioned that I lost my magnetic mount and asked for the price to replace it. He said, don't worry about it, we'll send you one for free!

That's awesome! I love Cobb as well :) If I were to put any of my giant batch of stickers on the car, it would be Cobb's. I do have the license plate frames on though :)