Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Accidental auction win: 2019 Fiesta ST with 10k miles

OP
D
Thread Starter #22
Cool that was going to be my follow up question. OEM crash bar is cheap so good call.
I have say most of the parts have been reasonable with the exception of the shifter assembly. I’ve also lucked out on this forum buying the Cobb catted down pipe for a good price was a huge win - I’d like to be able to drive this every day and the cat less won’t work for the emissions testing.

OP
D
Thread Starter #24
It’s been a while! Parts are in and I have had a couple of days to work on the car. I have decided to forgo the description of the shenanigans that was the previous repair and just say that wood screws were named wood screws for a reason. Do not use them on a car! Geepers! Phew, now that that’s out, let‘s focus on the car now and moving forward! I have the new pieces for the rear bumper RIVETED in place, the rear pan has been heated and hammered into a smooth-ish state, new plastics riveted in place, and the washer jug is now back on the car. 43901610-A5C7-4BDE-8A2C-522AE289A7E4.jpeg 6BB80999-F855-4138-93D1-286938FCF339.jpeg C3647862-D057-42F0-AC2A-95B3DF1E1217.jpeg 07F61057-6974-4981-B2C3-384FC02BDCF7.jpeg

OP
D
Thread Starter #25
OK. I have a question and need some help… when taking the car apart, these “spliced” wires were attached to the broken horn. I have since realized that there is a nice connector for the horn that wasn’t touched. The question is: what the heck do these original wires go to. Were these grounds? A76DD22E-590F-4A66-AE1F-12D15F6E3162.jpeg 4EE3D5D2-2719-454F-A5DD-296891CA352C.jpeg 72702553-D96B-4E1C-A8F9-823F67544EA7.jpeg

OP
D
Thread Starter #28
Hey, y’all! Looked locally for an intact 2019 Fiesta ST. Luck was on my side and they had one. These wires are a ground for something. God only knows what the last owner was thinking with the odd splice. Just an FYI in case someone else is fixing one of these wrecked beasties. The local dealer was super cool and even allowed me to drive it as a baseline for the car I own even though they knew I wasn’t a buyer. Should have that and fluids done this weekend. If all is good, we move to motor mount, and down pipe. Cheers all!

OP
D
Thread Starter #29
Its been a busy November, but I had a couple of days to work in the Fiesta! Fluids were all changed and the clutch is awesome! No issues with it at all. Shifts smooth and is really easy to drive. Finished the rear end up, The front end is now all complete and I have moved on to mocking up the grills I will be making for that SE cover. I also uninstalled and reinstalled the coilovers. Found that no preset was done on them, so now we have a balanced a smooth ride. I am so excited to get this bad boy on the road for a real drive. Should be soon!

Attachments

OP
D
Thread Starter #30
OK! Got it put together! The SE bumper cover is… OK. I like the mesh grills, so I may source a ST cover but build the mesh grills for it. Should be more effective against road/track debris than the plastic OEM stuff. I also got a killer deal on the Sparco wheels and tires off our forum. I need to adjust ride height again, but love the rally look. Inspection is now Jan 10th! Super excited to get this car on track and start the modifications.

Attachments

Good job ;) Wheels look great, thinking of getting a similar set for my black 1.0 Ecoboost.

Did it go through inspection?

OP
D
Thread Starter #32
Good job ;) Wheels look great, thinking of getting a similar set for my black 1.0 Ecoboost.

Did it go through inspection?
Inspection took place and the car passed! It is now road legal. You would think I would have settled down to drive it a bit first, but I came home and immediately ordered the new bumper cover, Mountune Radiator, RMM, catch can, braided brake lines, and alloy coolant reservoir. I can’t wait to see how this car does on the track. A few sessions should give ma an idea of what to mod next. Maybe brakes?

Inspection took place and the car passed! It is now road legal. You would think I would have settled down to drive it a bit first, but I came home and immediately ordered the new bumper cover, Mountune Radiator, RMM, catch can, braided brake lines, and alloy coolant reservoir. I can’t wait to see how this car does on the track. A few sessions should give ma an idea of what to mod next. Maybe brakes?
The stock brakes are pretty solid if you run upgraded fluid and stainless lines, cooling is important though.

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
Any interest in selling that bumper cover?

I read that here somewhere… this Forum has been amazing. So incredibly helpful. What fluid do you use?
I've been using Motul RBF660 with stainless lines for my track days. The brakes still get plenty hot if you're pushing it, so be sure to cool down. I'll be upgrading to a LSD soon, and supposedly the helps with front pad wear and heating since the traction control kicks in less. Probably throw in some Boomba deflectors too for better airflow.

OP
D
Thread Starter #39
I've been using Motul RBF660 with stainless lines for my track days. The brakes still get plenty hot if you're pushing it, so be sure to cool down. I'll be upgrading to a LSD soon, and supposedly the helps with front pad wear and heating since the traction control kicks in less. Probably throw in some Boomba deflectors too for better airflow.
Interesting! Let me know what you think of the lsd. I’m thinking that may be a solid addition. have decided on which one?

Interesting! Let me know what you think of the lsd. I’m thinking that may be a solid addition. have decided on which one?
Mfactory LSD just showed up today! Budget was the main driving factor for this choice, with Quaife and Wavetrac being more expensive. That said, Mfactory seems to get plenty of support from some of the more modded FiST's on here.