Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Advice on which FiST I should purchase!!!

What's the difference between both models?
I think they're pretty much the same.
If you aren't sure,youmight as well wait until the 2019 models come out.

Tavoman43

Hello Guys, I'm new to the Ford car family... I have 2 FiST that I'm looking at, both new 2017... sales price is around $18.5k they are fully loaded with Nav and sun roof with no recaros.
I will love the Recaros but car will be a daily driver not a track car... what do you guys think about the price? Cars are in California.

thanks in advance.

zanethan

I vote the '17 with Recaro's. It's much easier to find base seats later than it is to add Recaro's. Plus if you decide to swap seats you'll likely be able to get $1,000+ for them. Also, I don't believe that there will be a 2019 model year. Unless Ford prolongs production for an additional year. I believe the only changes between 2017and 2018 is a backup camera on the 2018. Which while nice isn't needed in a car this small.

Edit-
Nvrm I just saw you decided on the Recaro's. Good choice!

Hello Guys, I'm new to the Ford car family... I have 2 FiST that I'm looking at, both new 2017... sales price is around $18.5k they are fully loaded with Nav and sun roof with no recaros.
I will love the Recaros but car will be a daily driver not a track car... what do you guys think about the price? Cars are in California.

thanks in advance.
I was able to get multiple dealerships around 17k OTD for base and 19k OTD for fully loaded with recaro. plenty of inventory left on these 17-18s

OP
rattmobbins
Thread Starter #28
Is that OTD pricing for the car in AZ including your local taxes and registration? 20k is a pretty good price!
Yeah, hence the "out the door" price. LOL!

What's the difference between both models?
I think they're pretty much the same.
If you aren't sure,youmight as well wait until the 2019 models come out.
No more Fiesta ST in the US homie. Hope you're not waiting for a 2019. [biggrin]

thanks in advance.
You should try starting your own thread like I did, instead of hijacking someone else's. [nono]

Also, "fully loaded" without Recaros doesn't actually mean FULLY LOADED....

I vote the '17 with Recaro's. It's much easier to find base seats later than it is to add Recaro's. Plus if you decide to swap seats you'll likely be able to get $1,000+ for them. Also, I don't believe that there will be a 2019 model year. Unless Ford prolongs production for an additional year. I believe the only changes between 2017and 2018 is a backup camera on the 2018. Which while nice isn't needed in a car this small.

Edit-
Nvrm I just saw you decided on the Recaro's. Good choice!
Selling the Recaros if I didn't like them isn't something I had even considered. Good point!

I was able to get multiple dealerships around 17k OTD for base and 19k OTD for fully loaded with recaro. plenty of inventory left on these 17-18s
I'm calling BS on that claim, as I've been working with dealers ALL over the country and the absolute best I can do is $20k out the door on the 2017 in AZ with Recaros, and $21.5k on a 2018 in CO with Recaros, which is the one I'm actually going with. Decided 2018 made more sense since it's the last year for them stateside. Might help resale value a tad.

I guess if you qualified for EVERY rebate Ford is offering, them maybe you could get the prices you're claiming, otherwise I say no way. BTW, out the door means ALL taxes, fees, title, registration, doc fees, EVERYTHING.

I'm calling BS on that claim, as I've been working with dealers ALL over the country and the absolute best I can do is $20k out the door on the 2017 in AZ with Recaros, and $21.5k on a 2018 in CO with Recaros, which is the one I'm actually going with. Decided 2018 made more sense since it's the last year for them stateside. Might help resale value a tad.

I guess if you qualified for EVERY rebate Ford is offering, them maybe you could get the prices you're claiming, otherwise I say no way. BTW, out the door means ALL taxes, fees, title, registration, doc fees, EVERYTHING.
lol yeah because telling a lie about pricing on an internet forum makes me look cool....and I gain street cred by doing so. C'mon man really? If you do the math, call bs all day long but redo the subtraction please. I can hook you up with my salesmen if you want....haha

Also, I am fully aware of what OTD means and yes 17,xxx OTD base and 19,xxx OTD fully loaded.

OP
rattmobbins
Thread Starter #31
lol yeah because telling a lie about pricing on an internet forum makes me look cool....and I gain street cred by doing so. C'mon man really? If you do the math, call bs all day long but redo the subtraction please. I can hook you up with my salesmen if you want....haha

Also, I am fully aware of what OTD means and yes 17,xxx OTD base and 19,xxx OTD fully loaded.
Fair enough. You're apparently a better negotiator than I. :)

OP- on a serious note....you did get the extra $2,000 private offer for purchasing a new 17-18? That stacks with all rebates etc...look into that if you haven't.

Check here :http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/...s-or-discounts-for-almost-any-new-Ford!/page4

You're welcome
I couldn't ever get anything to "popup", and then the OP on that thread said it was dead! Is it not?!?!? I would LOVE an extra 2 grand!!!

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Fair enough. You're apparently a better negotiator than I. :)

I couldn't ever get anything to "popup", and then the OP on that thread said it was dead! Is it not?!?!? I would LOVE an extra 2 grand!!!
A couple of things, for the most part the east coast guys seem to be able to pick up the cars for roughly 1k less. What they don’t tell you is these are guys who are willing to take whatever is thrown at them off the lot color wise.

I found the minute you require a certain color a certain way the likelihood of getting the prices Anubis is stating diminishes. That was my personel experience. It was like sure we will see it to you cheap. If your willing to take a high interest loan, if you qualify for every single rebate we have stacked up on the advertised price for this astronomically low price.

Fact is whatever your told does not hold water till your signing paperwork amd going out the door. So someone can say they found OTD prices at multiple dealers but unless they know the purchasers actual deal. Its speculation.

I should also add some people do not quote their real OTD price because they used a trade in which skews the numbers beyond the paper. They also have different tax rates which can affect the price $500-1000k up or dowm. Like you paying 5.25% vs I having to pay 9.5%

Fact is the west coast prices are higher for the most part especially here in California.

Fact is contrary to his claim dealer stock in the Western U.S. is actually declining dramatically.

All of this is why I wound up odering my car which is also more expensive because its an option color.

I did get the 2k private cash deal giving me a tenative $19,600 price for Orange Spice , Smoke Storm Recaro, Black wheell. I say tenative only because thats the agreed price I have with the fleet manager handling my sale. I am hoping to get him to kick down another $500 when we finally sign papers as my car had to be ordered to get what I want.

Also the 2k private cash deal was a super limited window, limited time offer. It was take advantagr of it for the next week or so and then use it by the 9th of July after registering.

Good nees is Memorial day weekend means possible special dealer discounts and maybe another Ford offer like the private cash so keep your eyes open.

Yet all these factors play a bigger role than a lot want to recognize admit etc... for the sake of bragging rights. Yup I said that. Do not let someone tell people don’t want to claim they got the best price or better than yours its practically a human trait. Lol

redmoe

Yeah, hence the "out the door" price. LOL!

No more Fiesta ST in the US homie. Hope you're not waiting for a 2019. [biggrin]

You should try starting your own thread like I did, instead of hijacking someone else's. [nono]

Also, "fully loaded" without Recaros doesn't actually mean FULLY LOADED....

Selling the Recaros if I didn't like them isn't something I had even considered. Good point!

I understand what OTD means. I have purchased many new cars as well. What I was looking for was which states sales tax are you paying or if you are paying the sale tax at registration in your state?

Dpro

6000 Post Club
I understand what OTD means. I have purchase many news cars as well. What I was looking for was which states sales tax are you paying or if you are paying the sale tax at registration in your state?
I know if you’re in California and you buy your car out of state you pay the sales tax the minute you visit the DMV for bringing it in state. I talked to dealers in AZ and they said they would handle the California stuff for me . The dealers in Washington gave WA temp reg and you paid the WA sales tax and then when you got into Cali with the car you had to pay the difference when doing CA paperwork atthe DMV.

It totally varies from state to state

Decent point brought up above about different tax rates, etc. Also, for whatever reason we seem to have a large inventory within 100 mile radius or so. Literally all colors, and various options.

OP- sucks you couldn't get the $2k offer...but as stated keep your eyes peeled this weekend. I never used the link in the thread to get the special offer. I pulled up ford.com on my phone, perhaps maybe a popup blocker on my PC I wasn't aware of.

You are getting a good deal regardless and best of luck to ya

So guys... I have a question here... Can't you ask the dealer to bring the car you want from another dealer?

When we bought our Santa Fe, they had none the color and equipment we wanted on the lot, so they looked at other dealerships and got it for us. It was the same when I bought my previous Fiesta (ended buying the one on the lot though). Don't dealers do that in the US? It's either on the lot or built to order?

Man even used cars at some specialized used car dealerships can get cars from other places.

So guys... I have a question here... Can't you ask the dealer to bring the car you want from another dealer?

When we bought our Santa Fe, they had none the color and equipment we wanted on the lot, so they looked at other dealerships and got it for us. It was the same when I bought my previous Fiesta (ended buying the one on the lot though). Don't dealers do that in the US? It's either on the lot or built to order?

Man even used cars at some specialized used car dealerships can get cars from other places.
Absolutely you can, however you typically lose significant negotiating power by doing so. They would prefer to sell one from their lot, but they do trades/swaps all the time.

Recently purchased my 17 FiST in Pennsylvania. Didn't pay any sales tax. Until I got back to Wisconsin. And registered the car here. The only additional thing I paid there. Was $175 for dealership paperwork fees. That included a temporary plate.

Dpro

6000 Post Club

Yes and no. Yes you can and some dealers will, no some dealers are not willing to do this because they want to move stuff they have on their lot. Also dealers are like Franchises they work independently of each other unless part of a certain delaer group.
Not all dealers are willing to work with surrounding dealers on car swaps. When i was trying to get my setup I found one dealer was even reluctant to order exactly what I wanted because of A: not enough profit and B wanted to move stuff already on the lot. The dealer I did order from did not even keep ST’s ins stock anymore . It was sell one order another.