Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Aero aesthetic mods - side effects?

Being that this is my first car to build I am feeling a little ricey. I’m thinking of adding the Vegaworks canards, a splitter (undecided, maybe Montune), wing risers, and some diffuser fins.
I know none of these will produce any noticeable performance gains, however I am concerned about worsening performance or severely hurting MPG. How will my mpg be affected by this? Will any of these mods hurt performance - particularly the wing risers? I’ve heard they may create lift as the back window stays clean, but I’m not sure if it’s like the benefits of canards - negligible.

RubenZZZ

1000 Post Club
Im running mudflaps and wing risers. Any difference they make at slower speeds is negligible, but im sure they affect MPGs once i start hitting 75+MPH.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's much too difficult to stay out of boost in this little [angel] car. So any MPG testing becomes difficult. Objective aero drag posts are also pretty rare. It has been a few years, but Siestarider had the fortitude to objectively test for drag in his air-dam-and-ride-height-coast-down-experiments.

I prefer to run my car low-drag slick, but I do like the look of the front-lip diffuser flap though. [facepalm]

OP
D
Thread Starter #4
It's much too difficult to stay out of boost in this little [angel] car. So any MPG testing becomes difficult. Objective aero drag posts are also pretty rare. It has been a few years, but Siestarider had the fortitude to objectively test for drag in his air-dam-and-ride-height-coast-down-experiments.

I prefer to run my car low-drag slick, but I do like the look of the front-lip diffuser flap though. [facepalm]
Very true, I’m always dipping into boost for the sweet intake sounds lol. I’m still managing to hit 30mpg though. I’m willing to sacrifice a little, I just wanted to make sure I wouldn’t install these parts, drill into my bumper making it basically irreversible, and then get 23 mpg.