Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Air Conditioning ECU Troubleshooting

New here, just started modding my 2019 FiST.

Sharing a short troubleshooting story.

I installed the Mountune quick shift recently. Requires removal of the airbox and the unplugging of a few electrical connectors in the vicinity of the shifter arm or whatever.

After re-installing all connectors, the airbox, and buttoning everything up, I started her up and noticed the AC was not functioning. Blower is fine but compressor will not kick on and air is ambient or warm.

Took the airbox back out and double checked all the electrical connections I could find, checked the AC fuse in the engine bay fuse box, all good.

I ended up restoring my AC function by performing an ECU reset on my Cobb Accessport. I assume I could have also unplugged my battery for a bit to accomplish this.

Going forward I'll always disconnect my battery when manipulating electrical connections anywhere in the car.

Anybody else encountered this or similar issues? Explanations?

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Well there Bud.....that's quite the screen name you have chosen! I think the choice of just undoing the battery is a wise choice....just to be safe! I unplug stuff all the time and NEVER encountered what you have. I'll keep that in mind for future reference!

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk