Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Air Pressure in ST

I was just checking if my 185/60/15 Blizzaks fit, and they do but with very little caliper clearence on the fronts, when in checking the air pressure in the tires, I found 40psi on all wheels. Checking the recs on the door sill, it is 39psi fronts and 36psi rears. Dealers may not be as careful about this as they should.

YIN

Same question......
I use 195/50/16 Pirelli Winter 210 Snowcontrol for winter currently. But I don't know which standard of air pressure should be used. So,I just keep use F:39 R:36.

STooge

Whatever is on the door should be fine even for the different size. You can ask Ford if the have a "recommended normal load pressure" but that door should be good to go. If you make your own adjustments just be careful in doing so. Don't put too little or too much. Do not exceed the tires max psi.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zormecteon

There is a reason for the differential!
There was a recommended differential in tire pressures front to rear in the Corvair. People didn't heed the advice and set them the same all around with disastrous results. ..

My Sprite has a differential since it tends to oversteer, so the rears are set higher than the front. It would have been the same in the Corvair. The ST, being front wheel drive has a natural tendency to understeer so the fronts are set higher than the rears.

People experiment with different pressures, thinking they know more than the engineers that designed the car. Unlikely. If you choose to go that route, at least keep the 3# difference.

YMMV
My 2¢