Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Air suspension not low enough?

Whats up everybody, I recently purchased air suspension for a ford fiesta 1.0 liter from airforce suspension combined with airlift performance. Upon installation, my desired outcome was not achieved as I am still sitting about as high as I was with coilovers even when I am aired out. I was hoping to close the entire gap at full low but this was not possible apparently.

I contacted the company I bought the kit from and I was sent shorter shocks as a way to fix the issue and it did not solve anything. Infact, it made my bags unable to air up all the way so i had to revert to the previous shocks.

Is there anything I may have installed incorrectly in the rear? After installing these bags I feel like my car didn’t get lower but instead higher. I’m running 16x7 wheels all around if that matters.

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Do you still have the plastic/fabric inner gaurds? This may be all the lower the car can get. If in remembering right the wheel well doesnt really have a lot of dead space behind the quarter panel for the tire to travel into.

You may also want to look and see if your travel is halted by a bumpstop of somekind for the torsion bar.

Imo that looks perfect for being dropped at a show. Id actually be really happy with that knowing that stock ride height is a button push away.

OP
Lowguykris
Thread Starter #4
Do you still have the plastic/fabric inner gaurds? This may be all the lower the car can get. If in remembering right the wheel well doesnt really have a lot of dead space behind the quarter panel for the tire to travel into.

You may also want to look and see if your travel is halted by a bumpstop of somekind for the torsion bar.

Imo that looks perfect for being dropped at a show. Id actually be really happy with that knowing that stock ride height is a button push away.
Inner guards were removed but I’ll definitely look for a bump stop on the torsion bar to see if it is preventing me from going any lower.

It was previously on coilovers and I was able to get the car as low as it gets now in the rear. Additionally, if several people hopped in my car the car would sit wheel to fender; which was my goal. I can’t even get it to travel that low on my bags if I did the same thing. I don’t want to blame the manufacturer but the resources/information are so limited on this car compared to others so I can’t find many answers.

I appreciate the compliment, she looks great. I guess I just had another look in mind since it’s been a year and a half at the same height. Not much else I wanna do to her other than make her aesthetically appealing! It’s my first “nice car.”

tylrhufm

You should definitely be able to go lower. Here's my car on 17's with 205/40 and its lip to fender. I haven't taken out the fender liners, or rolled my fenders (yet). I am aired out at around 20psi, so I know that once, I roll and pull fenders, along with shaving some of the front bumper off I will be able to drop even lower.

tylrhufm.jpg