Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

AIRTEC Motorsport enlarged turbo inlet 2014-2019 Fiesta ST

OP
Magnetic

Magnetic

Thread Starter #43
Just finished the drive back from the mechanics shop 1HR of traffic then had to give the neighbor a ride. I’m going to drive it over the weekend to confirm my thoughts as it is now. I’ll also get the car Dynoed ASAP and will post an update then.

OP
Magnetic

Magnetic

Thread Starter #46
Hey Guys/Gals,

Here's the video with the sounds on YT and my thoughts. The sounds are 2min in.

But 1st, I like and sort of miss some of the previous sounds and this would be great for those that do not.

Also the whistle will sound much more exaggerated due to it being in enclosed space.

View: https://youtu.be/T41gwCMjPbA

Let me know if you have any questions.

OP
Magnetic

Magnetic

Thread Starter #49
sorry if these questions have been covered already
who is tuning your car?
did you have a datalog reviewed and changed with the added airflow from the larger Airtec inlet?
Hi Ron!

Tune+ tuned the car back in 2018. All of the testing I've done with the new parts that last couple months have only been running on the old tune. Reason being is that I'm planning to upgrade the Injectors and HPFP and figured if I get the car tuned I'll have to start from scratch again once I install the upgraded fuel system.

I do have the unlimited tuning package from Tune+ and can certainly give it a shot if you think it will make a difference. (at least better than the current numbers)

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Hi Ron!

Tune+ tuned the car back in 2018. All of the testing I've done with the new parts that last couple months have only been running on the old tune. Reason being is that I'm planning to upgrade the Injectors and HPFP and figured if I get the car tuned I'll have to start from scratch again once I install the upgraded fuel system.

I do have the unlimited tuning package from Tune+ and can certainly give it a shot if you think it will make a difference. (at least better than the current numbers)
I would definitely email a log and add a note to adam explaining the inlet change

Hi Ron!

Just to bounce off this... the fuel system changes are a simple one-and-done revision. If you were out of fuel, then yes, you can tune for more power. But I mean that if you wanted to change the parts over, he should be able to send you a new map that will run exactly the same, but for the new fuel system parts. Just an FYI.

Old Mike Emerson

U.S. Navy Veteran
Just to bounce off this... the fuel system changes are a simple one-and-done revision. If you were out of fuel, then yes, you can tune for more power. But I mean that if you wanted to change the parts over, he should be able to send you a new map that will run exactly the same, but for the new fuel system parts. Just an FYI.
I have a question. First I need to say I come from the NA world, I have never had hands on a turbo build. That being said when I saw the Airtec pipe I had a concern about the pipe going from 70mm to what ever size that adapter is. To me it looks like a bottle neck that would disrupted air flow entering the turbo, on an NA car with only atmospheric pressure, a neck down like that would kill power. So reading a this thread Ron mentioned being able to tune for that, I don't know squat about tuning, that is what I pay Jason for, oh and asking dumb questions. ;) Anyone can enlighten me.

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I have a question. First I need to say I come from the NA world, I have never had hands on a turbo build. That being said when I saw the Airtec pipe I had a concern about the pipe going from 70mm to what ever size that adapter is. To me it looks like a bottle neck that would disrupted air flow entering the turbo, on an NA car with only atmospheric pressure, a neck down like that would kill power. So reading a this thread Ron mentioned being able to tune for that, I don't know squat about tuning, that is what I pay Jason for, oh and asking dumb questions. ;) Anyone can enlighten me.
The reality is that the stock turbo will never utilize the amount of air this inlet can flow. A hybrid may be able to use it to its potential.

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
Curious is the small piece of boost tubing that connects to the nipple just an extended piece that goes to the boost solenoid?

I have to assemble my whoosh hybrid soon

dhminer

2000 Post Club
Curious is the small piece of boost tubing that connects to the nipple just an extended piece that goes to the boost solenoid?

I have to assemble my whoosh hybrid soon
Which one are you referencing? If you're lookin at the video and talking about the one off the MAP sensor adapter that runs towards the driver's side of the car - that's for his symposer port mechanical BOV.

If you're asking about the bit of vac line included with the elbow - it's just to attach to the solenoid. Need a bit longer piece than from the factory by the looks of location of the nipple on the airtec elbow. Stock one probably wouldn't reach.

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
Which one are you referencing? If you're lookin at the video and talking about the one off the MAP sensor adapter that runs towards the driver's side of the car - that's for his symposer port mechanical BOV.

If you're asking about the bit of vac line included with the elbow - it's just to attach to the solenoid. Need a bit longer piece than from the factory by the looks of location of the nipple on the airtec elbow. Stock one probably wouldn't reach.
The vac line. That's what I assumed but wanted to double check. Will be assembling all of it outside the engine bay luckily. I also have the symposer bov set up like his.