Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Alternator

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
My radio is acting up. I thought the battery was dying but O'Reilly checked it and said it doesn't qualify for warranty. I put the battery back in and everything seemed to have reset but a week later its acting up again.

Right now my radio won't turn off and none of the controls work. My radio is playing after turning the car off and locking the door. I run the motor to recharge it during my breaks until I can reset the battery again. Do you guys think its battery or alternator?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
Well....didn't qualify for Warranty doesn't mean Shit. I've worked for those clowns.....the machine they use doesn't properly load test a battery* The battery really needs to be taken out and charged and load tested to see if it can hold a charge. I've dealt with Superstart Dumpster fire battery's many times and Autozones Durapoop. Dont EVER BUY A 2 YEAR free replacement battery. Always buy the 3 year and see if it comes with Pro-rated warranty after that. Buy An AGM battery like from advanced or interstate if you wanna treat the FiST proper.Those have held their own and life Expectancy is 4-8 years vs lead acid 2-4. Good luck!

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk