Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Am I doing this right? (V dyno)

So I have a hybrid turbo installed in and tuned for 93 octane . My Cobb access port is showing 266 hp and 260 tq which sounds right. But I’ve done about 5 v dyno runs and it’s only showing 235-245 hp? I data logged using all the parameters that the tuners request. I selected the fiesta st in the drop down menu and the gear. Am I only making 230hp?? I’m at sea level.

Attachments

OP
F
Thread Starter #2
Car is making 23.5 pounds of boost which also seems like it should be making more? Seems like most people go 26 psi on hybrid turbos

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
I havent hit 26 psi on my hybrid but routinely did on stock turbo. On 93 my boost peaks higher so far than on E30. Tuner told me it cause you run out of fueling. On the hybrid you push more air with less psi and lean out in the upper rpm ranges so you cant push a hybrid turbo more without getting more fuel

OP
F
Thread Starter #4
I havent hit 26 psi on my hybrid but routinely did on stock turbo. On 93 my boost peaks higher so far than on E30. Tuner told me it cause you run out of fueling. On the hybrid you push more air with less psi and lean out in the upper rpm ranges so you cant push a hybrid turbo more without getting more fuel
Ok thanks that makes sense. I might just be doing something wrong on the v dyno I don’t know.

So I have a hybrid turbo installed in and tuned for 93 octane . My Cobb access port is showing 266 hp and 260 tq which sounds right. But I’ve done about 5 v dyno runs and it’s only showing 235-245 hp? I data logged using all the parameters that the tuners request. I selected the fiesta st in the drop down menu and the gear. Am I only making 230hp?? I’m at sea level.
Hey you have the x47 that was rebuilt by a us vendor right? That could be the thing. I think you mentioned that they used a different compressor wheel. Its kind of a totally untested set up. Also 23.5 psi sounds right that's about where I'm at with the x37 tuned by tune plus. Estimated hp on mine hit 290 once on a cold morning on e40. But I never did a v dyno.

Also I've been told that the estimated hp is accurate with a stock turbo but with a upgraded one it can't be trusted. How does she feel when not worried about the numbers? Does she rip? Hopefully it was worth all the work you put into it.

OP
F
Thread Starter #7
Also I've been told that the estimated hp is accurate with a stock turbo but with a upgraded one it can't be trusted. How does she feel when not worried about the numbers? Does she rip? Hopefully it was worth all the work you put into it.
Thanks agangel. Yes that’s correct. I have the rebuilt turbo. It definitely feels good. Adam says everything looks good in the logs. I’m starting the e30 tunes now and the Cobb is showing 280 hp which sounds about right. which is why I’m wondering if the v dyno is off somehow. I gonna do some 1/4 runs when the tune is finished that should tell us some things.

Thanks agangel. Yes that’s correct. I have the rebuilt turbo. It definitely feels good. Adam says everything looks good in the logs. I’m starting the e30 tunes now and the Cobb is showing 280 hp which sounds about right. which is why I’m wondering if the v dyno is off somehow. I gonna do some 1/4 runs when the tune is finished that should tell us some things.
Great glad to hear the car feels good!!! Our cobb numbers seem about the same so maybe the v dyno was off. I'm starting to just try and enjoy the car without worrying about the numbers at this point but who knows maybe a fuel pump and injectors are in my future. I've been itching to email Adam and ask him what's the best route to go. Anyway enjoy it!!!!

OP
F
Thread Starter #9
Great glad to hear the car feels good!!! Our cobb numbers seem about the same so maybe the v dyno was off. I'm starting to just try and enjoy the car without worrying about the numbers at this point but who knows maybe a fuel pump and injectors are in my future. I've been itching to email Adam and ask him what's the best route to go. Anyway enjoy it!!!!
Yea I was just asking him about injectors. He said I would definitely make more power with the bigger injectors. I’m sure you would to.

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
What wheels and tires are you running? For mine my diameter was .44 higher than default and my vehicle weight is about 20lbs heavier. Also check what you have on smoothing 2 and 3. I think I used 2.

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
If you put garbage info in you’ll get garbage info out. You can make it read 400whp if you want to.

I used vdyno on another platform with the mustang dyno profile and 1.01 correction factor. My papers read 330whp and 380wtq but I was gapping (like not even close) 2nd gen coyotes from a roll.

What’s more useful is seeing your gains from baseline.

OP
F
Thread Starter #13
I was able to get alittle better numbers. I guess the accessport reads crank hp and the vdyno is supposed to be wheel. So the accessport should read higher. I’ve learned smooth roads is important and need to make sure you have your right tire size and car weight with you in it. My final tune on e30 showed 267 whp and 267 tq. Which sounds about right with my accessport showing 285 hp (crank). When the weather gets cooler I’ll see if I can hit 270hp.

Attachments