Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

And now for something different...

Woods247

2000 Post Club
All that and still FWD and at $75K he wasn't too far from the real thing.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Even well worn, used REAL R5 cars are $200K or more, before spares, but yeah, that is WAY TOO MUCH for that car. [wink]

Woods247

2000 Post Club
I’ve seen them for way less than that man but yeah, my point is it’s still FWD. If he spent the money converting it to AWD (EVO swap or whatever) and omitted the poser garb it would’ve sold in seconds.

OP
maestromaestro

maestromaestro

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #8
Even well worn, used REAL R5 cars are $200K or more, before spares, but yeah, that is WAY TOO MUCH for that car. [wink]
It’d be difficult to replicate it for less. I don’t have an LSD or a big turbo, and I’m in for about $40k, not counting labor (mine or otherwise). That is, IF you want to replicate this.

It’d be difficult to replicate it for less. I don’t have an LSD or a big turbo, and I’m in for about $40k, not counting labor (mine or otherwise). That is, IF you want to replicate this.
I mean a wavetrac LSD is around $900, big turbo kit would be around $3000, labor could kill you but if you’ve got mechanically inclined friends you can trust you could probably replicate everything including cosmetics for around 10 grand. Some of which you could recoup by selling your OE parts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I’ve seen them for way less than that man but yeah, my point is it’s still FWD. If he spent the money converting it to AWD (EVO swap or whatever) and omitted the poser garb it would’ve sold in seconds.
There is actually a Fiesta running the ARA series (in the OPEN AWD class) with (at least) an EVO engine in it, if not a full drive train swap (I never got the chance to ask them this past weekend). [wink]