Welcome to the #1 Focus RS Forum and Focus RS community dedicated to Focus RS owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Focus RS Forum today!

Angel’s Build Thread Part 2 - LAZARUS

TempeST

This is a Redo Thread as there are MAJOR changes to my build. The old thread can be found here 2017 Focus RS Intro/Build thread- Angel The car has been a sexy, expensive paperweight in my garage for 7 months now. And thanks to some vendors here and local shops helping me out, Angel will be resurrected... Enters LAZARUS

2017 Ford Focus RS1 -Frozen White, No Options
I bought the car on February 6th, 2017. On April 5th, 2017 the car threw a rod and disintegrated the #1 piston at 2665 miles. A lot of heartache, arguing, bankruptcies, money, and fighting. The car is scheduled to be back on the road 15th of October, 2017.

New Build Sheet:

Engine:
ETS intake
Full blown Motorsports Twin Scroll Turbo Kit - Gen 2 GTX3071r
Full Blown Motorsports Secondary Fuel Injection Kit
Full Blown Motorsports Ethanol Content Sensor Kit
Full Blown Motorsports Cat-back Exhaust
Levels Performance Intercooler
Mountune Cold Side Charge Pipe
Custom Performance Engineering Hot Side Charge Pipe
Boomba Throttle Body Spacer (methanol injection)
Radium Engineering PCV Plate
Velossa Tech Big Mouth w/ Airbox Seal
Mishimoto Radiator Hose Kit
Snow Performance Stage 2 Methanol Injection kit
Snow Performance Solenoid Upgrade
COBB Accessport

Drivetrain:
Xtreme Twin Disc Clutch and Lightened Flywheel
James Barone Racing Passenger side Engine Mount 70a duro
James Barone Racing Transmission Side Motor Mount 70a duro
James Barone Racing Double Adjustable Short Shift Arm Kit
Custom Performance Engineering Stage 2 Rear Motor Mount

Suspension/Brakes:
Eibach Pro-kit springs
Eibach Front/Rear sway bars with end links

Exterior:
Triple R Composites Spoiler Lip
Gel Badges White/Black Badge Inlays
Advanti Racing HY Hybris 19x8.5 +40 19.2lbs each
Federal RS-RR 235/35-19 tires
GrimmSpeed License Plate Relocation Kit
Custom License Plate LAZARUS

Interior:
Custom Gauge Pods Triple Pod Pillar
Snow Performance Methanol Gauge Controller w/ boost gauge
ProSport EVO Blue AFR Gauge
Zeitronix/Full Blown Motorsports Blue Ethanol Content Gauge

Future Modifications:
Wavetrac LSD
Built Motor
Racing Brake, Brake Upgrade kit
20% Ceramic Tint
Heat extractor hood
MFR Front Splitter
MFR Side Skirts

After I had the car for 1400 miles, I put it on the dyno, 100% stock and got baseline number of SAE: 311WHP/326WTQ

View attachment 97

Once I have the car back together and buttoned up I will be back in business and on the dyno again. November 12th is my dyno appointment. Same exact dyno. Yes I am having this car tuned on a big turbo with the stock engine. I will be ordering a built motor for the car soon so we will find out what the car can handle safely, and for how long. The reason I don't have one now is because I got caught up in the DHM bankruptcy. But everything is clear now, so I can push forward in the car.

I need to give a huge shout out to a couple vendors and shops that helped me out ALOT during this 7 month wait and time of need. @TUNE+ for helping me out getting me a great engine pullout, parts, and advice for a good price so I can get my car back on the road with minimal extra down time. @CR3Motorsports for being my Hawaii parts connect and getting me a great deal on all these parts/shipping, literally the best deals. @Fullblown Motorsports for some amazing products and customer service. [MENTION=20]Alex@Stratified[/MENTION] for the advice and who is also flying out here to tune the local Hawaii Ecoboost crew in November. Also my local shop, Build a Car Workshop, here in Hawaii giving me a super good deal on removing my old engine and parts and reinstalling the new one with all the new stuff.(give them a follow on Facebook and instagram to see updates on my car starting October 11th) I couldn't have done it without all you guys. THANK YOU!

Now for some pictures of the car: I will upload MANY more once I have all my things at the shop and during the install.

View attachment 98 View attachment 99 View attachment 100 View attachment 101 View attachment 102

Last edited:
OP
TempeST

TempeST

Thread Starter #4
OMG your build is amazing.
Thank you!! I’ve had 7 months to think about it. So it’s falling into place nicely. :)

I can’t wait to post pictures of the finished product. Hopefully the car is only in the shop for a week-ish. I will post updates throughout the build at the shop as it is my good friends shop doing the work so I will be stopping by the shop often for updates.

LonestarRS

Incredible what you've done already. What kind of power do you think you'll be making when its all done?

OP
TempeST

TempeST

Thread Starter #6
Incredible what you've done already. What kind of power do you think you'll be making when its all done?
Thank you! Since we are on stock motor it will be limiting us. The most we will go for is 500whp or <450wtq. The fuel out here is also going to be a limiting factor. I have decided that I will use ethanol if I’m not happy with results on 92oct w/ Methanol. I would be perfectly happy with 450whp until I buy a built motor for the car, once someone comes out with something that I like, or the stock motor blows up...again. Lol

OP
TempeST

TempeST

Thread Starter #7
More things just showed up!! ETS intake, Radium Baffle plate, Redline Tuning Hood struts, and Xtreme Twin disc clutch (rigid organic) with light weight Flywheel

View attachment 112

MKIIIRS

Staff Member
Been following your build thread since over on the Fiesta ST Forum, you never fail to impress lol.

OP
TempeST

TempeST

Thread Starter #9
Been following your build thread since over on the Fiesta ST Forum, you never fail to impress lol.
Thanks! I try to be different. And I try to have a reason for most of my parts. Functional for the most part. Wish I could have had my built motor already, but I got caught up in the DHM stuff. So just gonna wait until something good shows itself. Should have more updates tonight, and throughout the week!

OP
TempeST

TempeST

Thread Starter #11
Thanks for sharing your build, I love seeing these types of threads.
Thank you! I’m happy to share it. I drop the car off at the shop today. So I’m really excited about this.

Normally I do all my work. But the shop heard about my build through grapevine here, and offered to sponsor me. So we talked through some prices and sponsor deals and well, it’s going to be in their hands for a couple weeks. I can’t wait to have my car back after 7 months of being down.

OP
TempeST

TempeST

Thread Starter #15
Oh man that's so hard to take in. Glad its for a worthy cause lol.
Yeah leaving my car to a shop is very scary to me. I have always been a DIY guy. But I just don’t have the time to do this engine/turbo swap on my own. Luckily I’m getting a sponsorship out of the deal as well!

OP
TempeST

TempeST

Thread Starter #16
I never realized how big the stock radiator was.
Hi hadnt either. It’s rather large, but it’s covered up by other coolers as well such as A/C condensor, and intercooler. Some oil cooler kits completely block off the radiator too. Which lies my next mod. Finding a way to put in an oil cooler, and not block the radiator off too much.

OP
TempeST

TempeST

Thread Starter #18
[MENTION=79]TempeST[/MENTION] I was looking at the Full Blown site, is this their $5500 kit?
Yes it is! Kinda spendy, but there’s more than I took pictures of as well. The ETS kit is actually more expensive now. A buddy of mine got the ETS kit at the entrance price of $4500 and he had a lot of issues with it. Vband clamps were bent, the hoses/lines were not stainless, the silicone couplers were the cheap thin couplers, none of it is back purged. So I’m glad I got the kit I did, even if the ETS kit comes with an intake, where this one comes with an intake adapter. I will have even more to talk about once the kit has been installed.

meFiSTo

Kudos to you, my friend. I don't know what happened to your original engine et al, but reckon THIS expression of RS wonder is, umm, off warranty. I'd love to get some adjustments to my car down the line, but I've got an aftermarket extended warranty on this sucker. My previous SVT Focus and still-owned Fiesta ST both wound up highly modified, but this one I'm keeping basically stock for warranty and daily driver reasons. Who knows, 10 years down the line, assuming I still own the thing, there might be a few substantive changes, if I'm still into that kind of thing (time changes interests). But I love the car as is (with some slight seat cushion adjustments for my wife (and maybe me down the line). She LOVES riding in it now. Shocking right? Anyway, I'll stop now and maybe write-up a little thing somewhere about why I love the @$@# out of this car for everyday driving.

Keep it up man,