Welcome to the #1 Focus RS Forum and Focus RS community dedicated to Focus RS owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Focus RS Forum today!

Angel - Kyle's 17 RS Build

TempeST

Hi everyone, so I sold my DHM EFR big turbo Fiesta ST and picked up a Frozen White NO OPTIONS 2017 Focus RS. It was the only one on island as I did not want the frilly extras, and wasn't even looking for one, but I got this car for a steal. I will not say how much, but it was UNDER MSRP.

05/30/17
My Dead Hook Motorsports Built longblock and head package has been ordered, and Fullblown Motorsports turbo kit has just been ordered! Woot! Can't wait to see what this thing can handle. For those of you who do not follow the Focus RS, the FBM team has hit 580whp with their turbo kit. I have ordered their Focus RS Twin Scroll Turbo kit with the Gen 2 GTX3071R .82ar turbine housing. The Turbo kit will be built and sent to DHM for Russ to be able to install the main parts on the motor for me and then the final pieces will be put together for final assembly.

The best part of this build... @DHM will be coming to see me in Hawaii to do the tuning himself. Where he will be pushing this car with both a 92 octane tune and an E50 tune to see what we can get out of it.

New Build

Performance:
COBB Accessport
COBB Replacement Air Filter
Velossa Tech Big Mouth Snorkel
NGK one step colder plugs
Clutchmasters FX400 Clutch
Clutchmaster RS Lightweight Flywheel
CP-E Stage 2 RMM
Stratified Automotive Controls Port Injection Kit
DHM Ethanol Content Gauge
DHM Built RS 2.3 Long Block(Forged internals/built head)
FBM Twin Scroll Turbo Kit Gen 2 GTX 3071r
Levels Performance Intercooler
DHM Protune

Cosmetic:
20% Ceramic Tint
White/Black Badges

Wheels/Tires/Suspension:
Advanti DST HY Hybris 19x8.5 +45 - 19.2lbs

Possible Future Upgrades:
FBM/ETS/Full-Race Catback Exhaust
Mountune Intake
Enkei RPF1 18x9 (If they ever make black or silver ones, the only options now are gunmetal and bronze, ewwww)
Boomba Ultimate Short Shift Kit

04/04/17
April 4th Angel suffered a blown rod, reason is still unknown. But the #1 piston is broken and the rod went through the back of the block. It has been at Ford ever since. Ford has refused to fix my motor due to the Aftermarket BOV. Yes I have fought till the very end. The car is now parked in my garage, and will remain there until she can be resurrected. There is a built engine and big turbo kit coming. Goal of 450whp on pump gas, and 550whp+ on Ethanol. I will continue updates as they come along.

2/25/17
Anyway I have had the car for about a month. I have 840 miles on the car and took it to the dyno today. 100% stock to get baseline numbers before I get my downpipe and tune. I will post the graph when my phone allows me to, but here is what the RS threw down:

STD: 318/334
SAE: 313/328

View attachment 80
View attachment 81

I'm glad to be here and part of this forum happy to show off my build as it goes. Oh and I did a HARD break-in for those wondering. I launched the car and went through three gears to redline right in front of the Ford Store as I was leaving it.

3/25/17 Update:

Installed the Turbosmart full recirc Shorty Plumback BOV
CP-E stage 2 Rear motor Mount
CP-E Catless Downpipe
I swapped out the stock muffler for a Magnaflow "Camaro Style" muffler
Velossa Tech Big mouth and air box seal
New Ford emblem Badges
COBB replacement Air Filter
COBB Accessport.

Waiting for install:
Levels Performance Intercooler
17psi Turbosmart WGA
DHM Protune

Installed the new Wheels and tires. This combo effectively dropped 9.4lbs on each corner from my Stock RS wheels

Advanti HY Hybris 19x8.5 +45 19.2lbs each.
235/35/19 Federal 595 RSRR tires

View attachment 86
View attachment 85
View attachment 82
View attachment 83
View attachment 87
View attachment 84
View attachment 89
View attachment 88
View attachment 91
View attachment 90

Thanks For Looking! More Updates to come!![loveboost]

MKIIIRS

Staff Member
Thanks for sharing this here too Kyle. Love the progress so far.

OP
TempeST

TempeST

Thread Starter #5
Unfortunately Ford did not cover it. I have fought all I can and have just grown tired of the fighting and excuses as to why they won't cover it, and I do not have the time or money to get a lawyer involved.

wow blown rod? Did Ford end up paying for it?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
TempeST Focus RS Build Projects 18