Welcome to the #1 Focus RS Forum and Focus RS community dedicated to Focus RS owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Focus RS Forum today!

Another freshly-minted RS owner in the PNW

Hi all,

Just swapped my ST3 out for an RS2 and joined this forum at the behest of meFISTo (full disclosure, we're family). Looks like a great place to swap ideas with other RS owners.

The ST3 was my intro to the world of HPDE and AX. I was at the point of thinking about sinking more dough into ST upgrades when I started looking around at the current prices on RS. The market seems to have tamed and so I pulled the trigger and made the move. Wow! What an upgrade!

This will be my everything car including grocery-getter, gear-hauler for gigs and performance-driving. Thank god Ford made such a multi-faceted beast!

Congrats, what's the market price on the RS going for up there? Down here in CA they are still going for MSRP at most dealers.

MKIIIRS

Staff Member
Congrats and welcome aboard [MENTION=203]alexvollmer[/MENTION][welcome]

OP
A
Thread Starter #4
Congrats, what's the market price on the RS going for up there? Down here in CA they are still going for MSRP at most dealers.
Yes, the days of crazy markup seem to be behind us. I got this at cost plus a free Sync upgrade and all weather mats since it was a 2016 they really wanted to move.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
A
Thread Starter #6
You plan on attending RS Adrenaline Academy? I just registered for Nov 7.
Yes, but I think they're booked for the rest of 2017. Having done STOA, the RS academy should be a blast. That's a great track and the facilities and staff are top-notch.

meFiSTo

Hey man! Thanks for joining me on a quick July 4 run up to Snoqualmie and then stopping by Dirt Fish. You are going to have a blast up there next weekend for your 3-day deal. I should get off my ass and do the one-day for sure. Them sponsoring local rally cross up there would be pretty cool. Fiesta would definitely be fun but I would need a alternative suspension, some knobby tires (which I could put on one set of 15s I have), and maybe a tray? Hahahahahahah. I think that car might be in for some abuse. Heh.

OP
A
Thread Starter #9
Hey man! Thanks for joining me on a quick July 4 run up to Snoqualmie and then stopping by Dirt Fish. You are going to have a blast up there next weekend for your 3-day deal. I should get off my ass and do the one-day for sure. Them sponsoring local rally cross up there would be pretty cool. Fiesta would definitely be fun but I would need a alternative suspension, some knobby tires (which I could put on one set of 15s I have), and maybe a tray? Hahahahahahah. I think that car might be in for some abuse. Heh.
That was fun! Yes, you definitely need to treat yourself to Dirtfish, it's a pretty amazing place.

meFiSTo

So jealous of the White color.
Well, we did see some interesting wraps at Bill Pierre. You could always get your car custom wrapped white. That would protect your paint like all get out. Hah. One wrap was really amazing. I don't think I'd do that one, but depending on cost, it could be very cool. Apparently, you can get practically anything done.

MKIIIRS

Staff Member
Well, we did see some interesting wraps at Bill Pierre. You could always get your car custom wrapped white. That would protect your paint like all get out. Hah. One wrap was really amazing. I don't think I'd do that one, but depending on cost, it could be very cool. Apparently, you can get practically anything done.
I had the roof wrapped on my Fiesta ST three years ago and the finish is starting to look dull. It might be due to the AZ heat. On top of that, wrapping the entire car isn't cheap. Just wished I had waiting just a bit longer to pick up the white one lol. Just love look of white with the darker wheels.

meFiSTo

I think I'd go for a matte black roof, but really it's not my deal. Maybe some kind of Ford blue vinyl stripes would work on the white shell. A Shelby look. Hmmm. Hah.