Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Another New Ride Thread - GR Corolla!

CSM

1000 Post Club
Picked this up yesterday! I had basically given up finding one at or near MSRP, then this one popped up 2h away. Snagged it for $500 over MSRP - not bad!

So far I'm in love with this thing. A close friend of mine wants to buy my FiST, so sadly, I think I will be moving on from the platform. It was a good 10 years though!

Attachments

Last edited:

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
If they sold the GR Yaris, I would be all over it, but this is more like the FoST than the FiST.

Then again, there really is NOTHING out there even close to the size/sportiness/utility/economy of the FiST.
100% agree. The GR Corolla looks cool and I'm glad Toyota made it, but I would definitely prefer the GR Yaris.

OP
CSM

CSM

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #10
I heard they’re now bumping these up from D-Street to BS. Any sense of how they’ll do there?
Yeeaahhhh. With factory crash bolts (which are legal for street class), people were getting -3 degrees camber up front. It was slaughtering people in DS.

It'll get destroyed in BS

OP
CSM

CSM

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #11
If they sold the GR Yaris, I would be all over it, but this is more like the FoST than the FiST.

Then again, there really is NOTHING out there even close to the size/sportiness/utility/economy of the FiST.
I agree, I would prefer a Yaris, but they're never coming here sadly.

For me, It was basically up to golf R, type R, or GR Corolla. Whichever I could find for MSRP or near first. So far I'm really impressed with it, but have only driven it 100 miles

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
I agree, I would prefer a Yaris, but they're never coming here sadly.

For me, It was basically up to golf R, type R, or GR Corolla. Whichever I could find for MSRP or near first. So far I'm really impressed with it, but have only driven it 100 miles
Just wait 25 years.
Oh, wait. Don't.
Change the oil at 100. Thank me 200000 miles later.

Dialcaliper

Not even the Hyundai Veloster?
The Veloster turbo or N weigh almost as much as the GRC (3000-3100 vs 3285) compared the FiST just over 2700.

300 pounds and another couple inches width is a lot and is basically the next size class up - the Veloster is more comparable in size to a Corolla hatch - the Fiesta’s direct comparison is the Yaris, or the smaller Hyundai i20, which never came to the US (and incidentally was Hyundai’s WRC entry vs the Yaris and Fiesta). Abarth 500 and Mini JCW would be the closest US cars to the Fiesta ST.

Put another way, the class of car we’re talking about is basically anything where the base model is allowed into Spec B, although the Mini and Sonic are kind of the porkers of the bunch.

Not counting the Spark because it’s like half a class smaller and not really that much fun.

Last edited:

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
If GM would've put the Sonic RS's 1.4T Ecotec and drivetrain in the Spark (as an RS version) and put a real suspension under it, that could have been 'fun'. [wink] [driving]

ronmcdon

Snagged it for $500 over MSRP - not bad!
great deal! was looking at the same car in circuit edition a few months ago. could not find anyone who would sell it under 55k, even with a bit of haggling. almost bought same car, same color if one of the dealers would sell it to me for 52 and Im glad they didn't budge and I didn't bite.

Dialcaliper

If GM would've put the Sonic RS's 1.4T Ecotec and drivetrain in the Spark (as an RS version) and put a real suspension under it, that could have been 'fun'. [wink] [driving]
Like this concept that never happened?

https://www.carscoops.com/2015/10/chevrolet-will-showcase-spark-rs-muscle/amp/

Both cars are made by Daewoo. Sadly the two 1.4L engines are significantly different (the Spark is more similar to the 1.5T engines in the Cruze/Malibu and various Buicks)

Last edited:
similar to the premium for the Focus RS vs regular Focus at the time. Cars are similar in concept, execution, and pricing model. Too different from the Fiesta to be really comparable.