Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Another option for coilovers?

If the Mazda 2/Demio(2007-2013) uses the same chassis as our Fiesta ST, does that mean that they can have interchangeable suspension components? If so then Fortune Auto has coilovers available for our Fiestas.

They have available their 500 series of coilovers for the Mazda 2.

Incase you havent heard of fortune auto, they offer bespoke coilovers assembled in the USA with custom spring rates available and match valving. They are ride height adjustable via threaded shock body and have threaded spring perch. Completely rebuildable. Adjustable rebound only.

I emailed them a couple months ago, since some online vendors advertise for sale their coilovers for the fiesta st, but are not listed on fortune autos website as being available, and in the response email they said the application has been pulled for more R&D, but still no ETA for its return.

So, would the mazda 2 coilover kit fit on our fiestas?

In theory it sounds like it should, but I don't know if there are any differences between the chassis for suspension connecting points.

Just some food for thought.[wrenchin]

OP
G
Thread Starter #3

airjor13

2000 Post Club

razorlab

1000 Post Club
The 510's suck on the street. Don't say I didn't warn you.

Even Fortune will try and tell you not to use them on a daily.

airjor13

2000 Post Club
God, why don't they make the 500 series for the Fiesta ST yet....side-note, did not know they were local to me

razorlab

1000 Post Club
Pretty sure if you called Fortune you could get them to build you a set of 500's, since they already have the 510's for the ST.

They are cookie cutter coilovers just like BC, stance, etc

airjor13

2000 Post Club
Pretty sure if you called Fortune you could get them to build you a set of 500's, since they already have the 510's for the ST.

Whats a cookie cutter coil-over Razor? Like off the shelf?

razorlab

1000 Post Club
Whats a cookie cutter coil-over Razor? Like off the shelf?
Maybe lego would be a better term. These coilovers all use common parts as most hub knuckles are the same and most tops are the same. The damper tubes are the same across all, just the length changes, and the dampening is changed between cars and spring rates (if you are lucky).

They are as custom built as a big mac, honestly.

The companies go to great lengths to make it look like a crazy special process but it's not. Not to say they are bad as even Ohlins, JRZ, etc use common parts across their lines.

airjor13

2000 Post Club
Maybe lego would be a better term. These coilovers all use common parts as most hub knuckles are the same and most tops are the same. The damper tubes are the same across all, just the length changes, and the dampening is changed between cars and spring rates (if you are lucky).

They are as custom built as a big mac, honestly.

The companies go to great lengths to make it look like a crazy special process but it's not. Not to say they are bad as even Ohlins, JRZ, etc use common parts across their lines.
Interesting, hmm.

OP
G
Thread Starter #13
What if we got group interest for the Fortune Auto 500 series coilovers for the Fiesta ST, and if we get enough people, and we tell Fortune Auto about it, they could release the coilovers for us like a bunch of golden retrievers being let loose out to a freshly harvested corn field.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Anybody here with track experience with Fortune and BC? They look interesting to me, I might give them a call but would ask about the 510 custom setup for street and track use instead of the 500 but will of course listen to the advice as noted by Razor. Perhaps it is how the valving works or the radial bearings, other than that I would assume they could make a suitable dual purpose 510.....

They do look great, not quite as good as these bad boys though.

razorlab

1000 Post Club
The 510's are nuts on the street because of the ultra digressive nature of the dampening. Fortune will tell you the exact same thing. You can look at the shock dynos between the 500 and 510 and see how much suck you are in for on the street.

I've been in a Evo with the 510's and I needed a cocktail after getting out.

None of these are even going to be in the same league as Ohlins RT or JRZ's. Quite honestly, all the current coilovers available for the FiST are just toys.

Those raceline Ohlins you posted above are $10,000+. PSI is local to me, great shop.

airjor13

2000 Post Club
Anybody here with track experience with Fortune and BC? They look interesting to me, I might give them a call but would ask about the 510 custom setup for street and track use instead of the 500 but will of course listen to the advice as noted by Razor. Perhaps it is how the valving works or the radial bearings, other than that I would assume they could make a suitable dual purpose 510.....

They do look great, not quite as good as these bad boys though.

I have no experience with Ohlins on 4 wheels, but their TTX and drop-in fork cartridges for my CBR100RR are F'n amazing!

I can only imagine how good their car applications are!

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
The picture is of the set PSI built for me, I got a bit off as it was the first for the E36 they had done, Tracy there was great to work with.

Close up pick, I had them on display in my office for some time, even my wife said they were beautiful:)

-----------

I wish I could afford a 2 way set for my ST but still, $$$$$$.

I probably have less invested in all the mods I have done on the ST.

-----------

Back to the Fortune, I like my BC's, car is great with them but the Fortunes are not terribly priced and if better I might make the switch, just need some confirmation and again, to talk to them as well, I guess I better make the call:)

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I am well past that phase in my life, I could own my house and everything else I have here and serious funds saved and a fare better retirement if I had more self control the past 10 years.....

-------------

Since you have the BC's and seem to have some experience, if not first then second hand from trusted sources, how would you rate the BC versus the Fortune, worth the cost to swap them out?

Money is an object, I only buy parts when I sell parts and been to busy to sell much lately so mods have to make a worthwhile improvement.

Rick