Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Another possible wonderful option for us Hatchback fans!

Was thinking the same thing on your assessment of the N. I agree w/ the rearrange.

I think the Civic Si hatchback is returning for the next gen civic. I imagine honda will keep price point of that at ~$25k.

I still think this new Toyo-Baru hatchis going to be a budget AWD competitor to the Si and others in that price point.
It seems to be at the price point. Sub 40k or Sub 30k. Where do they want to compete?

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Was thinking the same thing on your assessment of the N. I agree w/ the rearrange.

I think the Civic Si hatchback is returning for the next gen civic. I imagine honda will keep price point of that at ~$25k.

I still think this new Toyo-Baru hatchis going to be a budget AWD competitor to the Si and others in that price point.
I thought Honda said the hatch was going to be specifically for the R and the sedan for the Si? Since they've killed the coupe.

Would be interesting to see a budget AWD hatch, but wouldn't it really only compete with the Golf R and the Mazda3? Both of those are up higher in the price range. So maybe not "budget" but sub 45k.

I thought Honda said the hatch was going to be specifically for the R and the sedan for the Si? Since they've killed the coupe.

Would be interesting to see a budget AWD hatch, but wouldn't it really only compete with the Golf R and the Mazda3? Both of those are up higher in the price range. So maybe not "budget" but sub 45k.
I wouldn't be surprised if it is just a variant of the Toyota 86/Subaru BRZ, with boxter front motor and RWD.

CSM

1000 Post Club
I wouldn't be surprised if it is just a variant of the Toyota 86/Subaru BRZ, with boxter front motor and RWD.
This has already been debunked. I believe the corporate landing page for the April 5 announcement already mentions AWD

CSM

1000 Post Club

I believe the Si hatch never made it to production this current generation bc the hatches are made overseas. For the new generation Honda is moving civic hatchback production to here in the US. I think we very well could see a Si hatch soon to fill the gap the coupe left (its my understanding no more Si coupes will be produced moving forward)

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
There is no market here for a FiST replacement.....about 3300 cars a year is not a market it's a financial disaster for the maker in the USA. One of the best hot little hatches could be had for $20-22K and Ford had to offer big incentives and the fake 0% financing to sell them. Other makers may make them for the world market but I doubt with the low prices to sell them they can modify and certify them for the US market and still make money. Hell here in the USA even the small SUV's are taking a nose dive for the past 6 months. We are back into the Madison Avenue "bigger is better" mode for the average buyer.

Last edited:
There is no market here for a FiST replacement.....about 3300 cars a year is not a market it's a financial disaster for the maker in the USA. One of the best hot little hatches could be had for $20-22K and Ford had to offer big incentives and the fake 0% financing to sell them. Other makers may make them for the world market but I doubt with the low prices to sell them they can modify and certify them for the US market and still make money. Hell here in the USA even the small SUV's are taking a nose dive for the past 6 months. We are back into the Madison Avenue "bigger is better" mode for the average buyer.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^As far as small CUVs go, this is pretty sweet (even though many do not like the 'cutesy' or goofy guppy looking front fascia).

Even if they did bring it here, would I consider giving up the FiST and buying one?
Only if they offered it in a manual and AWD, and most likely not even then.

Welp, a lot of smoke for nothing. God, I hate that type of marketing! They did exactly the same as the previous gen, a little tweak here and there, just to make it not a complete twin/clone of the BRZ. Who they think they are fooling?

Granted the front is better looking than the BRZ, but other than that, this did not deserve the smokeshow they pulled. Still waiting to see what the GR Corolla will be.

OP
TyphoonFiST

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #95
Yeah, nice ride, but it's NOT an AWD turbo hatch, and more than a bit deceptive on their part as far as the built-up hyper-hype goes. [mad]
Very Disappointed......all that build-up for nothing. I wonder how toyota feels now after seeing the disappointment after the reveal? This was like turning on the lights after a fun drunk night with the local bar hag.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk